Wyoming vs CCU

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

The games are on ESPNU. That's a Comcast channel I don't have. Is there any way to watch the games online (preferably for free) without subscribing to a whole package of some sort?
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Gowyo.com says "Fans can follow live stats, watch and listen to the contest on GoWyo.com" but usually when it is on ESPN gowyo isn't allowed to play it. Hopefully the school decided to fork out some money for streaming rights or something because I don't get ESPNU either.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

A little OT, but how does everyone like the 'quarters' with the fouls resetting every 10 mins? I like it
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:34 pm A little OT, but how does everyone like the 'quarters' with the fouls resetting every 10 mins? I like it
Is that how the tournament has been running? Interesting...get used to it, there's a good chance they'll go to that for all NCAA games within the next few years.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict

Apparently if you have Sling TV you can stream ESPNU for free. However Sling TV has a $20/mo. subscription. There appears to be a 7-day free trial period for Sling:

http://exstreamist.com/how-to-stream-es ... -for-free/

I am always cautious and suspicious about offers like this with unknown "gotchas". Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

WestWYOPoke wrote:
LanderPoke wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:34 pm A little OT, but how does everyone like the 'quarters' with the fouls resetting every 10 mins? I like it
Is that how the tournament has been running? Interesting...get used to it, there's a good chance they'll go to that for all NCAA games within the next few years.
I'm a huge fan also really like the no more 1-1 free throws after 4 fouls the team just shoots two and the pace of play has been much more consistent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

Games have quicker pace. Being on the east coast, it is nice to see them done in less then 2 hours
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Adv8RU12 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:31 pm Apparently if you have Sling TV you can stream ESPNU for free. However Sling TV has a $20/mo. subscription. There appears to be a 7-day free trial period for Sling:

I am always cautious and suspicious about offers like this with unknown "gotchas". Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Sling is good. But I don't know if ESPNU comes with the free trial.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict

joshvanklomp wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:01 pm
Adv8RU12 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:31 pm Apparently if you have Sling TV you can stream ESPNU for free. However Sling TV has a $20/mo. subscription. There appears to be a 7-day free trial period for Sling:

ESPN is one of Sling's offerings. The free trial period does not list any restrictions. If you go onto ESPNU on the internet they say you can stream for free if you belong to Sling or have paid your cable service for ESPNU.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Adv8RU12 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:59 pmESPN is one of Sling's offerings. The free trial period does not list any restrictions. If you go onto ESPNU on the internet they say you can stream for free if you belong to Sling or have paid your cable service for ESPNU.
I know ESPN is. ESPNU is part of an "extras" package though, so I'm not sure it would come with the free trial. And while you can use Sling subscription to stream on WatchESPN, you have to have that specific channel as part of your Sling subscription.

Free trial period may not list any restrictions, but I'm not sure that means you get every available channel for those 7 days. I don't remember though, it's been a while since I did the free trial.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

joshvanklomp wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:01 pm

Is sling good for you? I had it for bowl season and it was worse as far as blurry and buffering issues than most sketchy streaming sites for me
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

wyokoke wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:31 pmIs sling good for you? I had it for bowl season and it was worse as far as blurry and buffering issues than most sketchy streaming sites for me
I will say this...for a long time when I would watch an ESPN game, I would use the ESPN app because it was a much better quality platform. However, Sling did a recent update to the app and over the past month or so I've hardly had any issues with it.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

joshvanklomp wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:34 pm
wyokoke wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:31 pmIs sling good for you? I had it for bowl season and it was worse as far as blurry and buffering issues than most sketchy streaming sites for me
I will say this...for a long time when I would watch an ESPN game, I would use the ESPN app because it was a much better quality platform. However, Sling did a recent update to the app and over the past month or so I've hardly had any issues with it.
Could be better then, I haven't had it since January
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

I had Sling for about 4 months, a little over a year ago. It was super unstable. I'm back with Dish now. I think Sling is a great idea though, and I think some of the issues I had were due to the limited memory of the Firestick I used to stream it through.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Subcanis wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:50 pm I had Sling for about 4 months, a little over a year ago. It was super unstable. I'm back with Dish now. I think Sling is a great idea though, and I think some of the issues I had were due to the limited memory of the Firestick I used to stream it through.
I also had sling for about a year. It was almost unwatchable at times and very unstable. Have since switched to PlayStation Vue and love it. It's so much better. I like the channel offerings better and find the interface much more user friendly. And it's stable and works flawlessly. Can't recommend Vue enough.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict

OK, all this info about Sling settles it. Dave and Kevin on radio. Or possibly Old Chicago for TV and $5 beers.
Vapoke
Cowpoke

I can give some sub accounts on my Verizon if anyone wants them.
wyoair
Ranch Hand

Does anyone have any luck with Apple TV and the Charter app?
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

And speaking of ESPN, are we getting any tv money out of this?
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Man we are asleep at the wheel. Lazy bad passes early usually means along brutal game. Let's hope they get this out of their system before we fall into a huge hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro