Wyoming vs CCU

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

Where was this intensity the whole game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

JMac carried us this game. We better have a solid home game Wednesday because this team is going to have a lot of momentum.

Not going to blame anything on the refs but wow some serious traveling going on and nothing getting called.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
johnywyo
Ranch Hand

We get a few calls, and a couple D rebounds this game goes down to last couple possessions.

At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

johnywyo wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:33 pm We get a few calls, and a couple D rebounds this game goes down to last couple possessions.

We get a few calls and we win that game going away.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

I think Wyoming needs to find a coach that can teach these kids how to rebound. f-word....they just don't want the boards as bad as the opposing team. And I love Adam's athleticism, but he needs to start looking at passing the ball on those drives, instead of just lowering a shoulder and going balls out for the hoop. There's a lot to like about this team, but there's a lot of work to be done.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

This game boils down to a lack of rebounding by Wyoming and turning the ball over mostly in the first half. This lack of rebounding drives me crazy. We basically let them shoot until they made it - we were mostly one and done on our shots. We could have won this game.
Possessions are very valuable. How many possessions did we give up due to lack of rebounding and turnovers?
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

wyoair wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:44 pm Good things happen when we penetrate. Unfortunately they are having their way with us via their penetration.
Pretty much this. Our guards are dog poop. They don't get penetration and they allow penetration every time. It comical to try to watch Lieberman and McMannamen try to stop someone off the dribble. Anyone who actually thinks Lieberman is a good defender is insane. I like Lieberman's limited offensive game better than what he brings on defense.

Our poor rebounding starts with Lieberman, Gorski, and McMannamen letting their guys waltz into the lane. 2-3 guys help and that leaves no one to get a board. Lieberman and JMac sure as poop aren't getting that board.

We are not going to do jack poop as a program until we get some real guards (I'm not talking about James and Adams, I'm talking quick little guards that are supposed to be able to penetrate, dish and shoot).
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

CowboyNV wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:52 pm I think Wyoming needs to find a coach that can teach these kids how to rebound. f-word....they just don't want the boards as bad as the opposing team. And I love Adam's athleticism, but he needs to start looking at passing the ball on those drives, instead of just lowering a shoulder and going balls out for the hoop. There's a lot to like about this team, but there's a lot of work to be done.
Herndon is the worst perpetrator. I have not seen a worse rebounder for their height. Seriously how can he be such a gifted shot blocker and such a terrible rebounder?
wrxman
Buckaroo

we were saving up for two home wins come Weds and Friday....

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

HomeOnTheRange
Buckaroo
Been liked: 2 times

CCU missed 38 shots

they had 18 offensive rebounds

that is nearly 50% of their misses which they ended up getting a rebound on

that is unacceptable
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:08 pm Our guards ... They don't get penetration and they allow penetration every time.
Yes and yes. IMO, allowing penetration is the main problem and has been all year. Defensive rebounding is second, but that item seems to be a recent development. I couldn't get video of the game, but unless the altitude is a factor, I see the Pokes going down Wed.
Arthur Fonzerelli
Buckaroo

i USED MITCHUM DEODRANT.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Adv8RU12 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:47 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:08 pm Our guards ... They don't get penetration and they allow penetration every time.
Yes and yes. IMO, allowing penetration is the main problem and has been all year. Defensive rebounding is second, but that item seems to be a recent development. I couldn't get video of the game, but unless the altitude is a factor, I see the Pokes going down Wed.
I think we'll get them here in Laramie. We played about as poorly as we were capable of and still were withing 5 or six with 5 min to go.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:12 pm
CowboyNV wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:52 pm I think Wyoming needs to find a coach that can teach these kids how to rebound. f-word....they just don't want the boards as bad as the opposing team. And I love Adam's athleticism, but he needs to start looking at passing the ball on those drives, instead of just lowering a shoulder and going balls out for the hoop. There's a lot to like about this team, but there's a lot of work to be done.
Herndon is the worst perpetrator. I have not seen a worse rebounder for their height. Seriously how can he be such a gifted shot blocker and such a terrible rebounder?
Probably because he feels the need to limp around wincing and pretend he just got shot with even the slightest contact. It might be the one thing that annoys me most about this team, win or lose.

Teams know he's soft by his body language and will attack him and jump over him. And then Herndon will just stand there with his arms over his head like he just ran a marathon.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

better hit the boards much, much better, as that's all Kevin was commenting on the radio yesterday, don't think that just cuz 7220 is better, don't sleep on this team!!!! it's way cool Mar. 29 and still playing a game at the AA,,GET IT DONE POKES
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

What about that since Jan. 1, this team has given up almost 80 ppg defensively? Defense, or lack thereof, has not helped anything.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

cali2wyo wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:07 am
LanderPoke wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:12 pm
Probably because he feels the need to limp around wincing and pretend he just got shot with even the slightest contact. It might be the one thing that annoys me most about this team, win or lose.

Teams know he's soft by his body language and will attack him and jump over him. And then Herndon will just stand there with his arms over his head like he just ran a marathon.
Our whole team is soft. We have no "Hankerson" or "Cooke" on this team, not even close. We look like a bunch of skinny kitty out there. Our S&C program is a GD joke.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

WYCowboy wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:54 pm This game boils down to a lack of rebounding by Wyoming and turning the ball over mostly in the first half. This lack of rebounding drives me crazy. We basically let them shoot until they made it - we were mostly one and done on our shots. We could have won this game.
Possessions are very valuable. How many possessions did we give up due to lack of rebounding and turnovers?
This :eek:
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

T minus 3 hours and counting, I'm stoked can you tell!!!! Mar. 29 and UW is still playing amongst 12 D1 schools left, get it done and it'll be 10 teams left CIT tourney tonight goes to final 2
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

Lander is right, poor rebounding is due to the guy who should be rebounding sliding over to help because we allowed penetration.

W-Y, Until I Die!