Wyoming one of the Last 8 Teams Still Playing

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
davidwyo
Ranch Hand

As of Monday, only eight teams will still be playing college BB and one of them is Wyoming. Yes, its not the Final Four or the NIT, but we are still playing and all the other MW teams are done and I'm sure wishing they were still playing. Now its the CBI Championship and I think if we can win the game in South Carolina we will win it all. The boys in Carolina at sea level will be gasping for air when they hit 7,200+ feet on Wednesday. Just need to win Monday and I think we can wrap this up.

And yes, we are still playing BB in late March, I like it (prefer it was Elite 8, but I like it)

Go Pokes!
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

davidwyo wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:23 pm The boys in Carolina at sea level will be gasping for air when they hit 7,200+ feet on Wednesday.
Our own team is always gasping for air too. Either the whole altitude thing is BS, or our team has terrible conditioning.

Our elevation is a non factor this season.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

cali2wyo wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:16 am
davidwyo wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:23 pm The boys in Carolina at sea level will be gasping for air when they hit 7,200+ feet on Wednesday.
Our own team is always gasping for air too. Either the whole altitude thing is BS, or our team has terrible conditioning.

Our elevation is a non factor this season.
It works against us as much as it works for us. Many of our athletes are physiologically unable to acclimatize to the elevation, no matter how long they spend at elevation. I personally don't think our elevation works to our favor as much as many would believe simply because of that fact.

In football, it definitely works against us insofar as field position. We have significantly fewer total kick-off return yards, on both sides of the ball, than other fields because there are so many more touch backs on Jonah Field. It's a factor that should actually be considered when making rules changes- index the kick-off position on the field to elevation. For Jonah Field, it should be from the 30 or maybe even the 25.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory