CBI banner...

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

I sure hope if pokes win on Friday that they do not hang a CBI championship banner.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

WyoVaquero wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:13 am I sure hope if pokes win on Friday that they do not hang a CBI championship banner.
Let's win first... This tourney might not be the most illustrious tourney, but Wyoming will be tops over a 16 team field and the boys will have played more bball. I'm just glad my WYO season was extended and we are winning :)
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Why? They absolutely will and SHOULD hang a banner. I admit, I was not stoked about the CBI tournament when we announced we were playing because of the way we have performed in the past. But what this team has done since getting run out of vegas has been nothing short of transformative and they absolutley deserve to see their accomplishment memorialized forever at the AA. For some of these guys it may be the only championship they ever win. Just because some on this board think it's a Cracker Jack championship doesn't mean the players do.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

I want a, not huge, but a CBI banner why not they worked hard got it done if you don't want one there's really something wrong with you, tell me this run hasn't been impressive esp after that 0-25 start against AFA in MWC Tourney? A one and done game in the NCAA ha, we were NO where close to having any business being there this year, NIT?? I know CBI is really never where we wanna be but come on, these kids and coaches embraced it made a goal to make a run the tourney championship and here we are, I'm proud and most fans are too, may not totally admit it but I'd like to look up at the banner and see CBI champions 2017, why not we have a WNIT banner too......and everyone never talks about 1943 Nat'l Championship banner that flies proudly as well.
Not to take the experience we got by playing 6 more games, can't practice that
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

"CBI finalist" banner? Yeah, no thanks.

If we win the whole thing? Absolutely the team should be recognized for that. We don't need to make a big whole ceremony about it, but it should be hanging up there come next year.

OP: Do you think they should take down the "NIT appearances" banner as well?
wyoair
Ranch Hand

The CBI has consistently been a springboard into next season. Just ask VCU, Creighton, Oregon and yes Nevada. Last year's championship was the first Mountain West post-season championship EVER. If the Pokes win they should and need to hang a banner. If the aforementioned teams do ahoy shouldn't we. It's good publicity. Plus if we have a banner for every NIT and CBI appearance we should absolutely hang a championship banner.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

a championship is just that, think about it, that's like saying if we won the MWC Championship in Football we wouldn't have put something in War Memorial, come on
castlerocker
Cowpoke

a championship is just that, think about it, that's like saying if we won the MWC Championship in Football we wouldn't have put something in War Memorial, come on
"Think about it" If the Pokes get a banner they should take it out and bury it somewhere under a big bunch of sage brush.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

We should get a really small banner for it.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Like this?
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Is winning something better than not winning it, or not even getting to try to win it? Yes. Is CCU believing it is worth going balls-to-the-wall to win it? Yes. Is the CBI banner like youth league sports where everybody gets a trophy no matter what? No. Get and keep the banner. But you have to win first, and I think CCU will be ready and pissed at the Wed. blowout.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

wyokoke wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:36 am Image
Like this?
:lol:

"CBI Champions 2017. Champions of the 3rd best tournament in College basketball"

All kidding aside... I guess hang one up but maybe make it different somehow than the other banners for WAC or MWC championships and NIT and NCAA banners. Not sure how exactly.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

seattlecowboy wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:50 am
Like this?

"CBI Champions 2017. Champions of the 3rd best tournament in College basketball"

All kidding aside... I guess hang one up but maybe make it different somehow than the other banners for WAC or MWC championships and NIT and NCAA banners. Not sure how exactly.
The volleyball/wrestling minigym has one that just lists elite eight or however far the volleyball team has gone in the past. I think just have one for the CBI/CIT type tournaments
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

wyokoke wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:59 am
seattlecowboy wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:50 am
Like this?

The volleyball/wrestling minigym has one that just lists elite eight or however far the volleyball team has gone in the past. I think just have one for the CBI/CIT type tournaments
Yeah I think that is the best idea for it.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

We already have the CBI & NIT banner hanging in the AA for tournament appearances. Winning will be a full size championship banner.

The school isn't going to minimize the tournament just because some fans don't care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Wyo2dal wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:31 pm We already have the CBI & NIT banner hanging in the AA for tournament appearances. Winning will be a full size championship banner.

The school isn't going to minimize the tournament just cause its a 3rd rate tournament, at best.

stymeman
Bronco-Buster

castlerocker wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:59 am
"Think about it" If the Pokes get a banner they should take it out and bury it somewhere under a big bunch of sage brush.
but I bet you watch it on tv tonight???
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

wyokoke wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:31 pm We already have the CBI & NIT banner hanging in the AA for tournament appearances. Winning will be a full size championship banner.

The school isn't going to minimize the tournament just cause its a 3rd rate tournament, at best.

If you celebrate New Mexico Bowl wins than you should celebrate anything the Basketball team accomplishes.

laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

I'm fine with cbi champion banner. Isnt there a banner that's up that has NIT and CBI appearances? It could go there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote:I'm fine with cbi champion banner. Isnt there a banner that's up that has NIT and CBI appearances? It could go there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Appearances yes championships get their own banner.