CBI banner...

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

We have quite the observational bunch of fans...

There is already a CBI banner in the AA - as in "CBI Tournament Appearances" that is coupled with "NIT Tournament Appearances".
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

that pride on the players and coaches faces wasn't fake, NOR is winning a CBI Championship, next year let's do a NIT championship and then build, build, build for a run in the NCAA tourney, afterall that's what we all want, right? (even if it's one and done)
Experience is something you can practice for if you aren't allowed to practice(season over)
Like I've heard this could be a springboard for bigger and better things, sure hope the fans learn to help support it sometime soon
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:26 am We have quite the observational bunch of fans...
I believe the word you're looking for is observant?
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

stymeman wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:28 am that pride on the players and coaches faces wasn't fake, NOR is winning a CBI Championship
Exactly. The schools and players who think this is a third-rate tournament probably got eliminated early.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

joshvanklomp wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:04 pm
McPeachy wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:26 am We have quite the observational bunch of fans...
I believe the word you're looking for is observant?

:jack:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

joshvanklomp wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:07 pm
stymeman wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:28 am that pride on the players and coaches faces wasn't fake, NOR is winning a CBI Championship
Exactly. The schools and players who think this is a third-rate tournament probably got eliminated early.
NCAA, NIT, CBI. By definition it's a third-rate tournament.

Congrats on the win though, Cowboys. Can we at least make the inevitable banner smaller than the National Championship one?!?!
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

wiley wapiti wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:58 pm Does anyone else feel like wyovaquero is sdpokefan??
We are two different people, I promise you. Does this mean everyone who likes the CBI is the same person, as well?
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

i like it cuz we kept playing 6 additional games which goes a long way towards next year, granted I wasn't excited after that horrible Air Force diabocle Eastern Washington didn't excite me, but as this tourney went along I thought what the hell let's go to more games, as I wish more people woulda enjoyed as well at the AA, oh well.....there's different tiers of fans, but I betcha lots of Pokes fans tuned into to ESPNU Friday night
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

Come on fellas. Look I am glad the pokes played well and I hope this is a springboard for next year, but this is a third rate tournament. Look who the pokes beat, Eastern Washington college, university of Missouri Kansas City-Trade school , Utah valley state community college, and Eastern Coastal Carolina Tech. I would have rather been 1 and done in the NIT than win this tourney. It just that myself, mcpeachy, sdpoke and a few others have higher expections, but that's how poop gets done. :D . The one positive, is that if it gets rid of the AF game taste and I hope that this momentum is carried forward. I think next year with the experience returning, a run at the conference title isn't out of the question.

Go Pokes.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Hmm...I think it was a great learning experience for the players and especially Edwards, who, if he learned anything, knows now who to start and play for next year. It was fun for the fans and I'm guessing the new recruits have enjoyed it. The ones who didn't are those who thought the Pokes should have been humiliated in a competition above their current proficiency level.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

WyoVaquero wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:46 pm Come on fellas. Look I am glad the pokes played well and I hope this is a springboard for next year, but this is a third rate tournament. Look who the pokes beat, Eastern Washington college, university of Missouri Kansas City-Trade school , Utah valley state community college, and Eastern Coastal Carolina Tech. I would have rather been 1 and done in the NIT than win this tourney. It just that myself, mcpeachy, sdpoke and a few others have higher expections, but that's how poop gets done. :D . The one positive, is that if it gets rid of the AF game taste and I hope that this momentum is carried forward. I think next year with the experience returning, a run at the conference title isn't out of the question.

Go Pokes.
I agree, but the 6 more games has to be another positive with (basically) everyone returning too
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

There is already a CBI banner in the AA - as in "CBI Tournament Appearances" that is coupled with "NIT Tournament Appearances".
right...but there's a difference between appearing in the thing and winning it
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'