Wichita State to the AAC

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

For those who like to talk about conference expansions / realignments. A big basketball player is moving.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ear ... 554c0f2839
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Real missed opportunity for the MWC
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Craig Thompson sucks so bad. Why wasn't he fired yesterday?
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

The dominoes that fall from this move will be interesting.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:Real missed opportunity for the MWC
MWC had no chance when we lost Utah and TCU that was the beginning of the end for any real MWC expansion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Lost Poke
Cowpoke

I don't think the MWC (i.e. the presidents and the commissioner) are interested in taking any team as basketball only.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Lost Poke wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:09 pm I don't think the MWC (i.e. the presidents and the commissioner) are interested in taking any team as basketball only.
It's not basketball only; it's all sports except football. Essentially the opposite of Hawaii, which I'd think would make it an okay fit.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

You guys seem to think that the MWC just didn't pursue WSU. I wouldn't be surprised if the Shockers said no thanks to Thompson & company. This move is a no brainer for them. If I were Wichita, the AAC would be a far better move than joining the MWC.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

WestWYOPoke wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:31 pm You guys seem to think that the MWC just didn't pursue WSU. I wouldn't be surprised if the Shockers said no thanks to Thompson & company. This move is a no brainer for them. If I were Wichita, the AAC would be a far better move than joining the MWC.
Agreed.

They already have a close fit geographically in Tulsa, 175 miles away. Better fits competitively too, imo.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

I sooo wish they woulda came over here, oh well Craig T missed out on that one as well
Lost Poke
Cowpoke

I guess what I mis-stated when I said "basketball only" is this: the MWC leadership, not just Thompson, have said they only want schools who will participate in FCS football. Wichita doesn't.

I don't think this is Thompson's "fault." If the conference needs a different strategy, then he should be working on that.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Lost Poke wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:58 am I guess what I mis-stated when I said "basketball only" is this: the MWC leadership, not just Thompson, have said they only want schools who will participate in FCS football. Wichita doesn't.

I don't think this is Thompson's "fault." If the conference needs a different strategy, then he should be working on that.
Why would a FBS conference only want schools who will participate in FCS football?
Lost Poke
Cowpoke

joshvanklomp wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:06 pm
Lost Poke wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:58 am I guess what I mis-stated when I said "basketball only" is this: the MWC leadership, not just Thompson, have said they only want schools who will participate in FCS football. Wichita doesn't.

Why would a FBS conference only want schools who will participate in FCS football?
Yes Wrong acronym. Should be FBS