Steve Fisher is Retiring

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 104 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

God this conference is Wyomings for the taking. Lets hope they step up next year and assume the mantle as this conference's best.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 596 times
Been liked: 238 times

Steve Fisher looked like a corpse propped up by a 2x4 on the bench.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

I know Fisher didn't always express respect for Laramie at times, but you know he respected Wyoming Cowboys Basketball. We arguably tested his team's resolve more than anyone over his time.

You have to give the man credit- he took over an outhouse collapse and built it into a nationally respected program. His teams gave relevance to the MW and Wyoming Basketball. He's a great coach and will be missed. Guy's also been through a lot, perhaps some of his own making, but my Wyoming hat is off to him and I wish him a long and relaxing retirement...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Wyovanian wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:37 pm I know Fisher didn't always express respect for Laramie at times, but you know he respected Wyoming Cowboys Basketball. We arguably tested his team's resolve more than anyone over his time.

You have to give the man credit- he took over an outhouse collapse and built it into a nationally respected program. His teams gave relevance to the MW and Wyoming Basketball. He's a great coach and will be missed. Guy's also been through a lot, perhaps some of his own making, but my Wyoming hat is off to him and I wish him a long and relaxing retirement...
Absolutely agree with this sentiment. People may not like him, but the guy can coach, and deserves some props for his accomplishments. I wish him well in his retirement.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

Wyovanian wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:37 pm You have to give the man credit- he took over an outhouse collapse and built it into a nationally respected program. His teams gave relevance to the MW and Wyoming Basketball.
Not even Brandy could pull that one off. The guy resurrected himself at SDSU, but the Michigan stain will always follow him, unfortunately.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Cya Skeletor, it was kinda fun watching ya, kinda