Liebs scholarship.....

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

I don't expect this is going to be a grad transfer, unless that grad transfer is a junior. We lose six guys (five now that Lieberman is gone) in 2018. The coaches wont add a 2018 grad as a potential replacement.

I could see them going after a j.c. guard, someone to give us more depth at guard.

It might be the best to give the ship to Thompson, skip the redshirt, and get the four star on the floor next year with Mack, Maldonado, Jones, Redding, and Mueller.

We'll see. If someone talented was waiting on a situation to get resolved, we have a scholarship to burn.

If I had to guess, I think Thompsons long wait to play just got a lot shorter.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I'd prefer to keep the redshirt on him and Give him the scholly though. Need to balance classes more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

Hunter Thompson got put on scholarship last night. The kid showed some resilience taking a walk-on spot to stay close to home. I'm glad the staff recognized that he's a team player and got him a scholly as soon as they could.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Well that answers that
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Nice. Congrats, Hunter.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Personally, I don't want to see Thompson on the court in a jersey (outside of practice) at all in the upcoming season. He could probably help, but the transition from Wyoming 2A to NCAA D1 is staggering, the guy needs a year to catch up to the pace of the game and to get used to having players of that caliber around him. Also...a year in the weight room wouldn't hurt.

Sure he could contribute next year, but I will gladly trade a mediocre first year for a potentially amazing 5th year.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

From what I hear the plan is to redshirt him next year. He's played at a very high level in AAU, though, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him earn his way onto the floor his true freshman season.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

WYO1016 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:56 am Hunter Thompson got put on scholarship last night. The kid showed some resilience taking a walk-on spot to stay close to home. I'm glad the staff recognized that he's a team player and got him a scholly as soon as they could.
HOOOOORAY!!!!!!!!!!! GO HT
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:50 am Personally, I don't want to see Thompson on the court in a jersey (outside of practice) at all in the upcoming season. He could probably help, but the transition from Wyoming 2A to NCAA D1 is staggering, the guy needs a year to catch up to the pace of the game and to get used to having players of that caliber around him. Also...a year in the weight room wouldn't hurt.

Sure he could contribute next year, but I will gladly trade a mediocre first year for a potentially amazing 5th year.
I agree. We have a crowded front court and there's no need to make it worse. It would be better to space things out.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

Well guess I missed this thread when I posted in the other one. Congrats to Hunter

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….