Boise State Dropping Wrestling

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Cowboy Junky wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:42 pm Agreed Wyokoke. World cup soccer is already a hit in the U.S. ESPN set ratings records for that. The top foreign leagues even draw ratings.

Professional soccer in the U.S. has a few years to go still. MLS is a joke. U.S. fans don't cheer for joke sports. They'll wait until that sport earns it's keep before they fully get on board.

The young ones like soccer. The majority of them played it, they understand it, and they follow it, not so much for baseball.

Men's soccer is the future compared to baseball and wrestling.
I think down the road the "big 4" will end up being
NBA
MLS or whatever replaces it
NHL
MLB
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

laxwyo wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:27 pm Still can't believe the lack of hockey love around here.
Sports like hockey require an extensive infrastructure. Wyoming could add NCAA bowling, rifle, fencing, and water polo (already have a pool) for very little expense. Of course nobody would know or give a poop if they did. But it might meet some Title IX requirements.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

wyokoke wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:47 pm I think down the road the "big 4" will end up being
NBA
NHL
MLB
Nope...My opinion it'll be....

NBA
NFL (everyone loves the Super Bowl)
NHL
pro soccer (I hate soccer)

No one will give a rat's ASS about baseball and the World Series in a few years. Baseball destroyed itself by having a cancelled 1994 season plus having ramped steroid use by pretty much everyone in the 1990s. Remember Mark MaGwire ands Sammy Sosa?
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Wyokie wrote:
wyokoke wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:47 pm I think down the road the "big 4" will end up being
NBA
NHL
MLB
Nope...My opinion it'll be....

NBA
NFL (everyone loves the Super Bowl)
NHL
pro soccer (I hate soccer)

No one will give a rat's ASS about baseball and the World Series in a few years. Baseball destroyed itself by having a cancelled 1994 season plus having ramped steroid use by pretty much everyone in the 1990s. Remember Mark MaGwire ands Sammy Sosa?
It was never more popular than when they were on steroids.

Baseball isn't popular because it takes too much focus and people don't.

NFL is getting poop IMO. With all the pussification and all, I don't see it remaining top dog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

I honestly think as long as the UFC exists then wrestling will also continue to exist because wrestling is direct move to UFC and a number of top contenders are known for their wrestling pedigree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

wrestling is only good in person and if you know some of the guys, but on TV no thanks for me, sorry