Rothstein Files MWC preview....

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

I think he must have forgot about Buddha Jones. How could he be over-looked on the transfer list?

https://www.fanragsports.com/cbb/rothst ... -notebook/
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Cowboy Junky wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:44 pm I think he must have forgot about Buddha Jones. How could he be over-looked on the transfer list?
Because he technically transferred last year, it might be easy to forget. Or he just doesn't see a big role in the deep frontcourt.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
FromOhioToWyoming
Buckaroo

No Justin James on first team All-MWC? That's surprising. I think JJ in a starting role will average north of 16/17 ppg.
Golden Poke
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Cowboy Junky wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:44 pm I think he must have forgot about Buddha Jones. How could he be over-looked on the transfer list?

https://www.fanragsports.com/cbb/rothst ... -notebook/
I think many of the transfers listed there will be starters, while Jones will be coming off the bench most likely.

Nice to see the Pokes get some love as the "sleeper" pick.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

FromOhioToWyoming wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:32 pm No Justin James on first team All-MWC? That's surprising. I think JJ in a starting role will average north of 16/17 ppg.
I would say that is a safe bet as he averaged 16 ppg last year. JJ was born to put the ball in the hoop.

Rothstein will have to updated his all-MWC team anyway. Clarke was just granted permission to contact other schools (aka, he's gone from SJSU), so he might slide JJ in that spot.

If the Pokes can finish in the top half or close to it, I think JJ will have a really good shot at first team honors. 2nd team at worst.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

joshvanklomp wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:49 pm
Because he technically transferred last year, it might be easy to forget. Or he just doesn't see a big role in the deep frontcourt.
If that's the case, then Jermaine Haley should make the list.

He probably just forgot about Buddha, and didn't research our roster enough to realize that he's here. That would be easy to do since he transferred to Utep before he transferred to us.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

FromOhioToWyoming wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:32 pm No Justin James on first team All-MWC? That's surprising. I think JJ in a starting role will average north of 16/17 ppg.
It's a joke imo. How can you slot a transfer into the first team? How does he know how many touches/minutes that transfer will even get?
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:22 pm
It's a joke imo. How can you slot a transfer into the first team? How does he know how many touches/minutes that transfer will even get?
I was thinking the exact same thing... Makes no sense...