What a poop show...

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Poke in New England wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:13 pm
laxwyo wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:18 pm
Poke in New England wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:32 pm
Vt poke wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:34 pm
WYO1016 wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:53 am To add fuel to the fire, I've also heard through the grapevine that Edwards had been interviewing for other jobs. I don't have any specifics, though.
It would be nice if CSU would take him off our hands. Wins and losses aside, it just seems that he has to make a point to play everyone, and when someone has a good stretch of games he benches them. Until we can have our best 7-8 guys play the lion’s share of the minutes, we will be just an average team like we have been for many years. Look no further than Nevada to see a team that can run 6 guys and be super competitive
Don't completely disagree with you, but Nevada is probably an unfair comparison. 0% chance they aren't cheating + paying guys under the table IMO.
I was thinking this too. New coach from NBA, instant increase in talent and recruiting. Something is fishy for sure
Musselman bolts for a better job and leaves Nevada and their players behind to deal with the consequences. Tale as old as time.
I will be very surprised if Musselman is coaching in Reno come this fall.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

I was disappointed and a bit worried to hear this because I was expecting these guys to improve in the offseason but in reality we won't miss them very much. Jones seems to have a problem staying anywhere more than 1 year. I thought Moemeka could have become a Cooke type player with raw athletic ability but more polished than DC. It didn't happen and could stay out of foul trouble. Now everything that matters is who we can get. AE has already said that we aren't going after anymoe HS kids this year and are looking at transfers so that positive.

Vt poke wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:38 pm
laxwyo wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:56 pm Probably should see if Mueller wants to leave as well. Don’t see much from him
Mueller is a guy who I think has a decent mid range game. With the exception of James, I think he’s about the only 12-18 Ft jump shooter we had. It was either drive to the hole or hurl up a 3 with this year’s team. Mueller in my opinion was the worst defender on the team. Any offensive spark (very little) was negated by his very weak defense. Give him a year and maybe he will get better, but not when we run man D
I am high on Mueller. I didn't think much of him earlier but late in the year when he started getting some minutes I was really impressed with his touch and I agree I like his mid-range game. He still needs to grow but I like his potential.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

TSpoke wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:47 am I was disappointed and a bit worried to hear this because I was expecting these guys to improve in the offseason but in reality we won't miss them very much. Jones seems to have a problem staying anywhere more than 1 year. I thought Moemeka could have become a Cooke type player with raw athletic ability but more polished than DC. It didn't happen and could stay out of foul trouble. Now everything that matters is who we can get. AE has already said that we aren't going after anymoe HS kids this year and are looking at transfers so that positive.

Vt poke wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:38 pm
laxwyo wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:56 pm Probably should see if Mueller wants to leave as well. Don’t see much from him
Mueller is a guy who I think has a decent mid range game. With the exception of James, I think he’s about the only 12-18 Ft jump shooter we had. It was either drive to the hole or hurl up a 3 with this year’s team. Mueller in my opinion was the worst defender on the team. Any offensive spark (very little) was negated by his very weak defense. Give him a year and maybe he will get better, but not when we run man D
I am high on Mueller. I didn't think much of him earlier but late in the year when he started getting some minutes I was really impressed with his touch and I agree I like his mid-range game. He still needs to grow but I like his potential.
I likes Mueller's offensive game quite a bit, too. High IQ and a good shooter. He was a swinging gate on the perimeter playing d. Interior d wasn't bad, but he's undersized as a post defender.

I definitely think there's a place for him
Big Wonderful
Buckaroo

Any names out there of transfers or juco's the coaching staff is pursuing? Lots of holes to fill.....
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

Big Wonderful wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:07 am Any names out there of transfers or juco's the coaching staff is pursuing? Lots of holes to fill.....
Really the only transfer I know they are chasing right now is Parker Stewart but so are about 20 other schools. I'm sure there are some Bigs we are going after. Don't have any names yet though.
Wicks
Blog Team
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Big Wonderful wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:07 am Any names out there of transfers or juco's the coaching staff is pursuing? Lots of holes to fill.....
College basketball has a big time transfer problem. Here is my go to site for seeing who is on the market. 243 players so far!

https://www.verbalcommits.com/transfers/Melvin%20Morgan
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Now Justin wants to test the NBA waters, its a tall order but say he does leave, wow what are we truly gonna have next year?? Something's definitely going on and maybe if AEs looking elsewhere lets get Jeremy in to add to his Papas legacy
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Adv8RU12 wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:27 am I think this means Averbuck will be a starter or the 6th man - unless he gets an offer from Division IV Eastern Montana State Normal Teachers College.
Averbuck will see the same amount of court time as he did last year.....very little.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

stymeman wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:46 pm Now Justin wants to test the NBA waters, its a tall order but say he does leave, wow what are we truly gonna have next year?? Something's definitely going on and maybe if AEs looking elsewhere lets get Jeremy in to add to his Papas legacy
Nothing is going on IMO. Shyatt left the cupboard kind of bare and had a lopsided senior class. Other than the seniors, the other who left scored less than 3 points and pulled down less than 3 boards a game. As has been pointed out, maybe they were told they weren't going to get much PT this year.

Edwards has his work cut out to get fill the roster. The 4 guys who have committed so far look like players. If they are like Hunter M, then I think we'll be okay. But could use some more inside presence.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

JimmyDimes wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:50 am
stymeman wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:46 pm Now Justin wants to test the NBA waters, its a tall order but say he does leave, wow what are we truly gonna have next year?? Something's definitely going on and maybe if AEs looking elsewhere lets get Jeremy in to add to his Papas legacy
Nothing is going on IMO. Shyatt left the cupboard kind of bare and had a lopsided senior class. Other than the seniors, the other who left scored less than 3 points and pulled down less than 3 boards a game. As has been pointed out, maybe they were told they weren't going to get much PT this year.

Edwards has his work cut out to get fill the roster. The 4 guys who have committed so far look like players. If they are like Hunter M, then I think we'll be okay. But could use some more inside presence.
Listening to 1240 yesterday afternoon, it does sound like Moemeka and Buddha may have been told they didn't fit going forward or maybe even asked to leave. They kept calling it a "house cleaning" decision.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:55 am

Listening to 1240 yesterday afternoon, it does sound like Moemeka and Buddha may have been told they didn't fit going forward or maybe even asked to leave. They kept calling it a "house cleaning" decision.
I don't believe it. At least about Momeka. How is the world would he not fit in?
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:59 am

I don't believe it. At least about Momeka. How is the world would he not fit in?
My only thoughts would be, and I have zero information to back it up, maybe these two, while talented, didn't fit the locker room culture the staff wants going forward? Maybe they were trouble makers or rule breakers or liked to go against the current. Like I said, I have no proof or knowledge but it is really the only rationale I can find for asking them to leave.

OR

The staff is in on some big time transfers/signees and needs the room. They also moved Cody Kelley back onto the Hathaway instead of scholarship like last season. Seems like they are trying to gather as many schollys as they can.....
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Someone else is one of the threads referred to Moemeka as a bad dude(or something similar). I don't know anything or know what that person may or may not know but there may be more issues we didn't know about.

Or maybe they didn't want to waste a scholarship on 10 minutes a game of average basketball before he fouled out.(That's harsh and I thought he could improve but at this point he couldn't help from fouling and was a long way from turning into what I thought he would be-a more skilled DC)
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

I have no idea what kind of kid Moe is. Always thought he was a decent kid at the least. Don't really want to speculate on it either. However when Shyatt and company signed Moe I honestly thought it was more of a lure to help land James. Not saying they didn't think they could mold Moe into a solid basketball player. I just think JJ was so high on the priority list they sign one of his HS teammates to sweeten the decision. Honestly these are only thoughts that popped in my head during this recruiting class though
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

TSpoke wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:29 am Someone else is one of the threads referred to Moemeka as a bad dude(or something similar). I don't know anything or know what that person may or may not know but there may be more issues we didn't know about.

Or maybe they didn't want to waste a scholarship on 10 minutes a game of average basketball before he fouled out.(That's harsh and I thought he could improve but at this point he couldn't help from fouling and was a long way from turning into what I thought he would be-a more skilled DC)
I think you saw the posts regarding Naughton, not Moemka, as a bad dude.
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:19 am

My only thoughts would be, and I have zero information to back it up, maybe these two, while talented, didn't fit the locker room culture the staff wants going forward? Maybe they were trouble makers or rule breakers or liked to go against the current. Like I said, I have no proof or knowledge but it is really the only rationale I can find for asking them to leave.

OR

The staff is in on some big time transfers/signees and needs the room. They also moved Cody Kelley back onto the Hathaway instead of scholarship like last season. Seems like they are trying to gather as many schollys as they can.....
Pretty sure Kelley was never on scholarship. Has always been a walk-on using the Hathaway. They put Thompson on scholarship last season when he was supposed to be on Hathaway for a year.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Wyolie Coyote wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:14 am
TSpoke wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:29 am Someone else is one of the threads referred to Moemeka as a bad dude(or something similar). I don't know anything or know what that person may or may not know but there may be more issues we didn't know about.

I think you saw the posts regarding Naughton, not Moemka, as a bad dude.
Guess it was douchebag instead of bad dude. I remember the Naughton stuff too but this is from this thread. Not sure what is behind it and don't really care as he is gone and I don't need to know the gossip.
Cuttslam wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:58 pm This is a blessing, Jones is a major underachiever and well let's just Moemeka is a huge douchebag. Goodridiace.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Wyolie Coyote wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:15 am
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:19 am

OR

Pretty sure Kelley was never on scholarship. Has always been a walk-on using the Hathaway. They put Thompson on scholarship last season when he was supposed to be on Hathaway for a year.
According to dudes at KFBC, when they were researching a story yesterday about the open schollies, their contact within the athletic department mentioned that Kelley was going back on Hathaway. They asked if that meant that Kelley was on scholarship last season and they responded yes. The KFBC crew was as surprised and in the dark as the rest of us. Sounds like it was a hush hush, lets not leave a scholarship unfilled typed decision once camp started.
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

I agree. I think both these guys leaving at once caught the staff with their pants down. If they were planning to replace these guys they would have had some bigs in the recruiting pipeline already. Say what you want about Momeka but at the very least he is a place filler on a team with no other true bigs besides a red shirt freshman who has never played a game of college ball and Jordan Naughton who for all we know is on his way out the door too.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

[tweet]https://twitter.com/unaathletics/status ... 23360?s=21[/tweet]Coach Pujol leaving now as well.