Martinez suspended indefinitely

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

BeaverPoke wrote:This whole thing about liking DCs rant and not liking the Luke thing...why is this an issue?
I loved the rant. That doesn't mean I hate UW. People see things in different ways, and I saw the rant as funny. No matter what people say about how I am wrong and that it hurts UW and all that, again, sorry. I don't see it that way.
But because I don't see it that way, that doesn't mean I think the Luke thing is okay.

Who cares if someones signature is Mr Howdy Doody.

Come on..
DC suspends Smith for losing control during the Nevada game and then he loses control after the game. It sets a really poor example for the players to see their head coach throw umpteen f bombs at the air force coach and then have to be physically pulled away. I don't see how you can like that?
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

bladerunnr wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:This whole thing about liking DCs rant and not liking the Luke thing...why is this an issue?
I loved the rant. That doesn't mean I hate UW. People see things in different ways, and I saw the rant as funny. No matter what people say about how I am wrong and that it hurts UW and all that, again, sorry. I don't see it that way.
But because I don't see it that way, that doesn't mean I think the Luke thing is okay.

Come on..
DC suspends Smith for losing control during the Nevada game and then he loses control after the game. It sets a really poor example for the players to see their head coach throw umpteen f bombs at the air force coach and then have to be physically pulled away. I don't see how you can like that?
DC didnt suspend Smith for anything, and NO I personally didnt like the rant, I LOVED IT.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

bladerunnr wrote:

Come on..

I like cuz he reminded me of Randy Marsh for some reason. I liked it cuz the video started out with a hillarious f-word YOU! I liked the go to your press conference fly boy. The WHOO!!! The "Look at me I'm Mr. Howsy f-word Doody".
poop was funny lol.

And yeah it was not DC that suspended Brett Smith, he had a 2nd concussion...
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
LoboNation
Buckaroo

djm19 wrote:
kdwrightuwyo wrote:Washington is back after a few run ins...so long as there is no jail time, the school and Coach will work with the young man to make sure he is on the straight and narrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I hope you are right, but these shenanigans are making us look like the Lobos or the college version of the Portland Jailblazers back in the day.
WTF? Seriously bro? Why in the hell would you even mention the Lobos in comparison to kicking a defenseless man on the ground?

Is it because Wyoming players have a tendency of stomping on people on the ground?

Skip to 2minute 30 seconds .... Dont be a deuche and talk about a rival in reference to your PG poor judgement.

Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

LoboNation wrote:
djm19 wrote:
kdwrightuwyo wrote:Washington is back after a few run ins...so long as there is no jail time, the school and Coach will work with the young man to make sure he is on the straight and narrow.

I hope you are right, but these shenanigans are making us look like the Lobos or the college version of the Portland Jailblazers back in the day.
WTF? Seriously bro? Why in the hell would you even mention the Lobos in comparison to kicking a defenseless man on the ground?

Is it because Wyoming players have a tendency of stomping on people on the ground?

Skip to 2minute 30 seconds .... Dont be a deuche and talk about a rival in reference to your PG poor judgement.

Considering it was a lobo that started the fight when he threw an elbow at the Cowboy and then it escalated from there I don't see what you are trying to prove here.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

Bunch of drama llamas in here. Luke to howdy doodygate to the Lobos... poop happens, Luke is done. Onward.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

LoboNation wrote:
djm19 wrote:

Probably referring to the Lobo FB team and some of the incidents that occurred in ABQ, not game related (McQueen, Bell, Solomon, etc.).
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Subcanis wrote:Bunch of drama llamas in here. Luke to howdy doodygate to the Lobos... poop happens, Luke is done. Onward.
+1

What he did was incredibly stupid and wrong, if the story we have now is correct. And unless we get alot of new info that changes the story then Luke is done for the Cowboys. I spent a while being upset and pissed about this but I'm over it. Time to move forward with the team we have. We still have a good team just a little shorter bench. Time to step up.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

No one on these forums has the story wait until the court case thread is updated the rest is just hyperbole on these forums.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

Subcanis wrote:Bunch of drama llamas in here. Luke to howdy doodygate to the Lobos... poop happens, Luke is done. Onward.
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

Luke did not show for class today.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

This right here is exactly how it should be looked at. Read the story read it all, All of you passing judgement on Luke well no comment.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... basketball" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shyatt said Martinez is within four classes of graduating. He was a player inherited by the current staff. That staff warmed up to him and embraced him, and Shyatt said they will stick by him. But he isn't defending the actions of being out, getting into a fight and the results of that fight. He called it horrible and foolish, but he's not going to abandon him, either.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

Wyo2dal wrote:This right here is exactly how it should be looked at. Read the story read it all, All of you passing judgement on Luke well no comment.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... basketball" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shyatt said Martinez is within four classes of graduating. He was a player inherited by the current staff. That staff warmed up to him and embraced him, and Shyatt said they will stick by him. But he isn't defending the actions of being out, getting into a fight and the results of that fight. He called it horrible and foolish, but he's not going to abandon him, either.
read the comments section below the story. Someone wrote that the victim routinely walks away from fights! Does that mean he starts them and then walks away?
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6EZE1J1 ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

THIS SUCKS
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

bladerunnr wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:This right here is exactly how it should be looked at. Read the story read it all, All of you passing judgement on Luke well no comment.

read the comments section below the story. Someone wrote that the victim routinely walks away from fights! Does that mean he starts them and then walks away?
It doesn't matter everyone in this thread has crucified Martinez already which is petty and pathetic. No one really knows all the details yet but already they have passed judgement.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

LoboNation wrote:
djm19 wrote:

A- This is a Wyoming forum and we can say what we want. You are the guest.

B- I am not condoning Luke. AT ALL! And I am not saying ANYONE from NM has EVER kicked someone in the freakin head. But as a whole, when our players are having run-ins with the law, it is something I have read out of NM on multiple occasions. This year? Maybe not. But to say that you haven't had some Take-a-chance-on-me type players, is naive.

Let's all howl now.
TheBuckhole
Buckaroo
Has liked: 2 times

Cowduck wrote:
As a Cowboy fan and a UW alum, I'm beyond pissed. Forgiveness is for parents and friends. Derailing a potentially magical hoops season and drawing yet more negative attention to the University and to the basketball program just when they were starting to get really positive attention is unforgivable from a fan's perspective. Being out at the Buckhorn in the middle of the season should be a violation of team rules if it isn't. I'm not saying I wouldn't expect rules like that to get violated but you've got to be a little smarter than this.
I couldn't have said it better myself. You've wrapped up exactly how I'm feeling, for all of the same reasons. As a fan, and a UW alum, I'm pissed, really pissed.
Cheywypoke
Ranch Hand

First off, what Luke did was despicable and their should be consequences. I don't know the details of what happened but someone, either Luke, Sobey or Cooke should have been the voice of reason and made the decision for all three to get out of the situation before it got this serious. That's considering that the incident wasn't something that exploded in a matter of seconds. Usually they don't.
Secondly, I have to wonder how many people can honestly say they wouldn't/coudn't do the same thing when in a situation fueled by anger, adrenaline and alcohol. I would like to think I would never be able to attack an unconscious man lying on the ground, but like they say, never say never.
Also, Luke has been painted as a rogue, out-of-control trouble-maker nationally. Just read some of the comments to stories in local papers, on ESPN etc.
People seem to forgot, or don't know that he spoke to the graduating class at Wyoming Indian High School last spring and that he was instrumental in helping to get an exhibition game scheduled in Ethete. Like someone else posted on this or the other forum, its too bad that five seconds of bad judgment has now defined who Luke Martinez is.
Yes, Luke in all likelihood is facing some dire consequences and he should. I hope the victim has a complete and full recovery, and I also hope this incident somehow doesn't destroy Luke's life either.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

Good thing this whole mess didn't distract the team last night or anything...
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Martinez isn't the punk thug people are making him out to be. Yes, he pulled a pussy move in a fight that should never have happened...but he isn't a punk thug. He stayed around after, talked to the cops, and is standing up a taking his punishment.