Bitching

A forum for everything else not sports related. A place for fun and everything amusing.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Keep ice on your ankle. If it's not better within the week or so (a week since you hurt it), I'd get it checked out to be on the safe side.
alyssa wrote:Poor boys. I've had my own ankle thang before. And astroturf experiences too. That stuff is not like the soft fake turf they have nowadays. To me it was like that ugly outdoor patio carpet stuff on top of concrete! I would prescribe y'all have nurses to help you with y'alls needs 'round the clock to help you....
Nurses eh?

laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 141 times

Took a while to get here from china but worth it!
W-Y, Until I Die!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

fromolwyoming wrote:Keep ice on your ankle. If it's not better within the week or so (a week since you hurt it), I'd get it checked out to be on the safe side.
alyssa wrote:Poor boys. I've had my own ankle thang before. And astroturf experiences too. That stuff is not like the soft fake turf they have nowadays. To me it was like that ugly outdoor patio carpet stuff on top of concrete! I would prescribe y'all have nurses to help you with y'alls needs 'round the clock to help you....
Nurses eh?

Man, you guys (and girls) only have one thing on your minds.

Which could be a sign of being healthy adults. :)
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

Today is my birthday! Every year I make a wish that has yet to come.
:cry:

I'm as old as my nose and a little older than my teeth.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 141 times

alyssa wrote:Today is my birthday! Every year I make a wish that has yet to come.

Happy Birthday Alyssa!!
W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

alyssa wrote:Today is my birthday! Every year I make a wish that has yet to come.

Happy Birthday, Ma'am. :D
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

Thank y'all very much!
Another year has gone by that I didn't get what I've asked for and I asked for it again. Of course I can't say what it is because it won't come true!?
Other than that I was hoping for a jet with all the fixings, a couple pilots, mecanics etc.!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Happy belated birthday gran-I mean alyssa!
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

fromolwyoming wrote:Happy belated birthday gran-I mean alyssa!
Thank ya.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

Happy (belated) Birthday!

It was my best friend's birthday today... we were born 5 days apart and have known each other since before we could hold our heads up. I miss not seeing him more than once every couple of years anymore, but at least there's still the Internet.

In worse news, my wife's grandpa and (obviously) my son's great grandfather died today too. He lived a good life, though, and had been ready for it for a while. There'll be no funeral as he didn't want one, even though he could have the full military honors and everything. It's the first close relative my wife has lost since she was very young, which is weird to me, since my mom's pretty much my oldest close relative who's still alive.

It's been so long since I dealt with grief, so I don't really know how to comfort her other than just being there and listening, I guess. She does seem to be dealing with it pretty well, though.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

Asmodeanreborn wrote:Happy (belated) Birthday!

It was my best friend's birthday today... we were born 5 days apart and have known each other since before we could hold our heads up. I miss not seeing him more than once every couple of years anymore, but at least there's still the Internet.

Thanks a lot Mr. A!
I hope you and your friend can get back together one day soon and live close by to each other. I don't have any of those close friendships anymore with women. People leave in different ways through the years. There are so many family members on my dad's side of the family though because my dad's mom had so many children. It was like a town getting together years ago in Oklahoma with my dad's side of the family. On my mom's side of the family I have only 2 cousins, 4 if one counts step-cousins, which I don't.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

Asmodeanreborn wrote:
In worse news, my wife's grandpa and (obviously) my son's great grandfather died today too. He lived a good life, though, and had been ready for it for a while. There'll be no funeral as he didn't want one, even though he could have the full military honors and everything. It's the first close relative my wife has lost since she was very young, which is weird to me, since my mom's pretty much my oldest close relative who's still alive.

It's been so long since I dealt with grief, so I don't really know how to comfort her other than just being there and listening, I guess. She does seem to be dealing with it pretty well, though.
So sorry to learn of your son's arriere-grand-pere passing away. It makes me wonder how long they knew each other. Only one of my great grand parents was alive when I was born in May. Then he died that following July. I did not get to meet him.
My dad's parents got to be great great grandparents and know their great great grandchildren. I'm not kidding when I say that I am one of many grandchildren on my dad's side.
It is interesting that your loved one was in the military and could have the full military honors but declined it. I was taught that funerals are for the living. It can give a lot of family the chance to share memories together etc. At my dad's mom's funeral there was a lot of laughter because everybody who wanted to share a story could do that, and there was some good one's from years ago before many of her children were born.
I didn't tell any stories though because she was a tough one and my stories would have the bad in them too. She had favourites.
I've dealt with a lot of grief in my life. It's were a lot of my creative came out. I would write songs, poems, short stories etc. I would sing and paint and photograph. A few of the creations are pretty good. Grief seems to be expressed in many different ways.
My mom's mom would talk about her oldest child who was killed years before I was born. It felt like I knew my aunt, like my aunt was always there.
That could be another reason why death was so much was inspired me to write and record my songs. Almost always the person I wrote about was already dead but sounds like the person is still living in my songs.

I was wondering how old your son is too.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

alyssa wrote: So sorry to learn of your son's arriere-grand-pere passing away. It makes me wonder how long they knew each other. Only one of my great grand parents was alive when I was born in May. Then he died that following July. I did not get to meet him.
My dad's parents got to be great great grandparents and know their great great grandchildren. I'm not kidding when I say that I am one of many grandchildren on my dad's side.
It is interesting that your loved one was in the military and could have the full military honors but declined it. I was taught that funerals are for the living. It can give a lot of family the chance to share memories together etc. At my dad's mom's funeral there was a lot of laughter because everybody who wanted to share a story could do that, and there was some good one's from years ago before many of her children were born.
I didn't tell any stories though because she was a tough one and my stories would have the bad in them too. She had favourites.
I've dealt with a lot of grief in my life. It's were a lot of my creative came out. I would write songs, poems, short stories etc. I would sing and paint and photograph. A few of the creations are pretty good. Grief seems to be expressed in many different ways.
My mom's mom would talk about her oldest child who was killed years before I was born. It felt like I knew my aunt, like my aunt was always there.
That could be another reason why death was so much was inspired me to write and record my songs. Almost always the person I wrote about was already dead but sounds like the person is still living in my songs.

I was wondering how old your son is too.
It's weird how inspirational death and the ensuing grief can be. It sounds like you're channeling it in the best of ways with your creativity. There's only really been one death that greatly affected me, and that was my dad's. He was my role model in so many ways. Seeing his invincible self slowly being consumed by cancer, while he refused to step down or stop working was disturbing in ways I can't describe. He had never had bad habits, was essentially made out of muscle, and yet, it did him no good at all.

As for my best friend - I have a feeling we'll never live close to each other again, aside from possibly vacation homes. That's one of the major drawbacks of being a dirty immigrant, I guess. On the positive side, traveling only gets easier the deeper into your adult life you go. I'm hopeful that the fact that we can now afford it in our mid-30s, we'll be able to hang out even more often in the next few decades. I have a bunch of friends (and SOs) planning a longer stay with us here next spring, so that should be a ton of fun.

On a more upbeat note, my son will be 4 mid-September.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

It's weird how inspirational death and the ensuing grief can be. It sounds like you're channeling it in the best of ways with your creativity. There's only really been one death that greatly affected me, and that was my dad's. He was my role model in so many ways. Seeing his invincible self slowly being consumed by cancer, while he refused to step down or stop working was disturbing in ways I can't describe. He had never had bad habits, was essentially made out of muscle, and yet, it did him no good at all.

As for my best friend - I have a feeling we'll never live close to each other again, aside from possibly vacation homes. That's one of the major drawbacks of being a dirty immigrant, I guess. On the positive side, traveling only gets easier the deeper into your adult life you go. I'm hopeful that the fact that we can now afford it in our mid-30s, we'll be able to hang out even more often in the next few decades. I have a bunch of friends (and SOs) planning a longer stay with us here next spring, so that should be a ton of fun.

On a more upbeat note, my son will be 4 mid-September.[/quote]

Oh man I wrote a couple of bad sentences! I was distracted.
Just 4 years old, how cute! Also, I'm not really creative anymore. That stuff is mostly the past. I put a lot into my running again over the last several years and it consumed my time. I'm sorta done with that for now. I want to do other stuff.
Sorry your dad suffered that way. I know I watched a lot of people over the years suffer cancer and other stuff. It's interesting how some people can be a disease and be healthy and others seem to have no chance even when they were so healthy before.
My dad was not nice to us and after all these years still is as ass that has beaten cancer.
Like you I keep in touch with best friends mostly through the internet these days too. I don't really hang out with girlfriends anymore. The ones I do talk to a lot live in different places and were mostly other competitive runners and mostly older than I am. One is Romanian and is just over 18 years older than I am but somehow we made friends. I may go to Romania this year but Ukraine is its neighbour and it makes me nervous to go.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

Small time coaches, ADs.
I'm considering burning one's ass pretty soon.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

June Jones?
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

fromolwyoming wrote:June Jones?
No. He's not worth it. And I have not given any sports money to SMU since beginning in January, 2011. I'm so angry with so much BS there. And I won't while he's there despite the good things happening there with men's basketball.
And I'm so mad at the alumni who are such butts. It really ruins the average of those who are good people. There are definitely enough things going on there with the school and its alumni to burn bridges. There are a lot of wealthy people who graduated from SMU but donate big money to other schools. It's crazy in a way but SMU does not offer enough majors anyway. Years ago there was a med school. ETC. My mom and a few in my family are the last ones loyal to SMU. So many of my cousins and now their children have been going away to other SWC schools or even other schools in Texas. Others have been going to Ivies or a school like Pepperdine etc.
A couple of cousins girls graduate HS this year and they are both off to Texas A&M. These are grandchildren and great grandchildren of people who were wealthy and friends of other wealthy people (like well known oil families etc.) that are SMU people. I could go on.........

I'm talking about a guy who was a pro football player who coached and is now AD at one of the school districts I'm connected to etc.. His buddies that he has been bringing in have changed things and are doing things that they are not supposed to do. In short I feel like taking revenge........
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

I'm calmer today. I'm passing the stuff on to some of the guys if they want to do something to get those jerk coaches etc.
I'm kinda laughin'.
I'm so ready to do some travelling/vacationing. When I travel I pretty much ignore the internet and that's good for me.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Here's what I'll bitch about:
I can't seem to find entertainment in much right now, like I'm just burnt out on most things. Thankfully, good books and mst3k help, but still.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

fromolwyoming wrote:Here's what I'll bitch about:
I can't seem to find entertainment in much right now, like I'm just burnt out on most things. Thankfully, good books and mst3k help, but still.

I'm so burnt out on things too. It's really bad. Like I said somewhere before, my best friends today are some of the girls I competed against and all live other places (and they are not really friends to each other, well, a couple are).
Last night I talked to one who lives in Romania.
I need to get away from a lot of stuff including technology. I'm really burnt out too.