Gender identity, athletics, and Title IX

A forum for everything else not sports related. A place for fun and everything amusing.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

I put this here because I figured it might cross too much into politics, but the whole gender identity thing is kind of interesting. I wonder if we have only focused on one side of it but have yet to fully explore ramifications, other options, etc.

However, thinking about athletics, Title IX, and gender identity theory, I wonder what the long-term implications are. At some point, will it be prohibitive to separate sports based on gender and they can only be separated by gender identity? In college, could a genetically male football player identify as female but still be on football scholarship? If so, would that person count as male or female for Title IX?

This will be interesting to see what unfolds. Please note: I'm not necessarily saying anything about it other than exploring what (if any) ramifications could be on college athletics.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

Will those policies be adjusted? For example, if a male identifies as female and participates with a female team, that team is ineligible women's championships. Will that be considered discrimination as the transgender cases move forward?
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

I might totally be wrong here, but I believe that in order to play on a female sport, you have to have been born a female. Obviously, we have had instances of females playing on male sports when there is no equivalent female sport.

The reason I think that this can go through without being considered a discrimination violation is that playing college sports is a privilege, not a right.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 141 times

We'll have to add an equal number of transgendered sports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

laxwyo wrote:We'll have to add an equal number of transgendered sports.
Sadly I could see that happening....LOL

BTW, I have no problems with transgenders. I'm also pro-gay marriage. What they do privately is NONE of our business.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

I was playing softball a couple years ago.. co-ed league.. team we were playing had a transgender guy on their team.. batting him as a girl. Been a long time since I've seen a girl smack a ball to the fence and run the bases like Usain Bolt. It was ridiculous.
ImageImageImageImage
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 595 times
Been liked: 238 times

MrTitleist wrote:I was playing softball a couple years ago.. co-ed league.. team we were playing had a transgender guy on their team.. batting him as a girl. Been a long time since I've seen a girl smack a ball to the fence and run the bases like Usain Bolt. It was ridiculous.
:rofl: