Is Wyoming a coal state? I was thinking some coal was mined in

A forum for everything else not sports related. A place for fun and everything amusing.
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time

Wyoming, but I could be wrong. The reason I was asking, I saw on TV yesterday that President Trump signed an Executive Order that lifted some of the restrictions on the Coal Industry and there were representatives from West Virginia and Kentucky present at the news conference. But I saw none from the state of Wyoming. And I'm sure the scale of coal mining in Wyoming would not be nearly as large as the scale of coal mining in West Virginia or Kentucky but, nonetheless, I thought there was coal mining in Wyoming.

Thanks in Advance.
Last edited by CheyenneGunslinger on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Wyoming mines way more coal than those others, but we only have 3 legislators in DC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
PCB
Ranch Hand

Wyoming is the largest producer of coal in the country and if it was a country Campbell County would be the 4th largest producer in the world.
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand

laxwyo wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:18 am Wyoming mines way more coal than those others, but we only have 3 legislators in DC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WOW! I did not know that.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

For the record, Wyoming coal (Powder River Basin) is also far cheaper than any other U.S. coal in terms of extraction and processing costs, which makes it far more viable long term.

This is a major part of that cost differential, even though the numbers are old: