wyonation awards

A forum for everything else not sports related. A place for fun and everything amusing.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

my vote for best screen name - the virginian

best avatar - laxwyo
Last edited by whyoh on Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

lol.. this could be a fun topic.
ImageImageImageImage
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

Philanthropist award: wyo2dal

Top wrestling correspondant: WestWYOPoke
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

We need some official voting form.

Best BYU fan: Hellbass
ImageImageImageImage
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 145 times

Biggest Crook. Titleist for violating copyright law! LOL How dare you use a red white and blue bucking horse logo. Wouldn't that mean the american flag one is in violation?
W-Y, Until I Die!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

laxwyo wrote:Biggest Crook. Titleist for violating copyright law! LOL How dare you use a red white and blue bucking horse logo. Wouldn't that mean the american flag one is in violation?
LOL.. you know, my parents came up to visit me a couple weeks ago and were asking me why they couldn't find the RWB bucking horses anymore.. but I haven't heard a ton about why they were pulled from shelves, besides some d-bag said he owned copyright on it. You know anything else? Or anyone, for that matter..
ImageImageImageImage
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict

MrTitleist wrote:
laxwyo wrote:Biggest Crook. Titleist for violating copyright law! LOL How dare you use a red white and blue bucking horse logo. Wouldn't that mean the american flag one is in violation?
LOL.. you know, my parents came up to visit me a couple weeks ago and were asking me why they couldn't find the RWB bucking horses anymore.. but I haven't heard a ton about why they were pulled from shelves, besides some d-bag said he owned copyright on it. You know anything else? Or anyone, for that matter..
I got the skinny on that last week, actually. A guy in Gilette has been selling the American flag Wyoming bucking horse stickers for almost 10 years and had a copyright on the design. When the University decided to start using the decals they snaked the idea from him without asking or paying royalties. He was understandably pissed off and sued for his royalties, putting a cease & desist order on the logo until everything got resolved. They got everything settled by paying him royalties for what had been sold up to the settlement, but he had to give up the copyright. The state licensing office has since changed the language on the bucking horse and rider logo, so now it says that no one may copyright any form of the BH&R design other than the State of Wyoming. (Which means that MrTitleist will never be able to make a buck off of his Wyoming flag BH&R design.)
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

That makes sense, but I can't figure out why they stopped selling the state flag bucking horse.. I heard it was related to this. Anyways, when I sent the logo to UW they made me sign a copyright waiver, basically, me giving them the rights to the logo.. which was fine.. I'd like to see UW print more merchandise with it, but not sure who I should bug about that.
ImageImageImageImage
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict

MrTitleist wrote:That makes sense, but I can't figure out why they stopped selling the state flag bucking horse.. I heard it was related to this. Anyways, when I sent the logo to UW they made me sign a copyright waiver, basically, me giving them the rights to the logo.. which was fine.. I'd like to see UW print more merchandise with it, but not sure who I should bug about that.
I think they only made two printings of the Wyoming flag logos and quit. Wanted them to be a limited edition kind of deal. As soon as they run out of the USA logos they won't print anymore for the near future either. I do hear rumors of another special BH&R logo for this season, but can't really say much more than that.
Last edited by WYO1016 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

I hope they use the state flag next year again.. vs CSU.. I think this time on a white helmet.
ImageImageImageImage
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

I thought it was weird that someone copyrighted a version of a copyrighted logo. It would be like copyrighting the ford logo in red and then when ford wants to use a red one on a car, you get to sue them.
W-Y, Until I Die!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict

MrTitleist wrote:I hope they use the state flag next year again.. vs CSU.. I think this time on a white helmet.
+1 for the white helmet. I don't know what the obsession was with the brown helmet this year. It was cool, but the USA and Wyoming flag logos would have looked WAY better on the white lid.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

WYO1016 wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:I hope they use the state flag next year again.. vs CSU.. I think this time on a white helmet.
+1 for the white helmet. I don't know what the obsession was with the brown helmet this year. It was cool, but the USA and Wyoming flag logos would have looked WAY better on the white lid.
Might have been easier to see them on the Brown than White?

But I hope to see more of the Brown helmets, Gold Jerseys, and Brown pants next season. That was my favorite combo.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

The brown helmet was my suggestion.. but after the game was over, Kevin McKinney and I agreed white would be better for the next time they're used.
ImageImageImageImage
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

i have this trophy labeled "Largest Hat Size"

not sure who it goes to

fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Me? Seriously, I have to get adjustable hats (none of those with the plastic things) and have to go about to the very end of what they can, just so it fits my head. I have long since given up wearing this type of cowboys hat;

because I would need to get one custom made. And those one size fits all hats and other non-adjustable hats, and even a lot of winter hats, simply do not fit.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

lol...of course i meant you

fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

You guys have some huge heads, and based on what we talk about, it's not all brain :rofl:
W-Y, Until I Die!