B Smith draft potential

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

I agree with most here...if he stays here for his senior year, then awesome. If he goes pro I'll still be a B. Smith fan, no matter where he goes. He has been a great athlete and ambassador for the university and state.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

kdwrightuwyo wrote:I agree with most here...if he stays here for his senior year, then awesome. If he goes pro I'll still be a B. Smith fan, no matter where he goes. He has been a great athlete and ambassador for the university and state.
this 100%

the only 2 places i'd hate to see him go would be foxboro or baltimore.......but i doubt either of those teams are in the market for a QB
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

whyoh wrote:
kdwrightuwyo wrote:I agree with most here...if he stays here for his senior year, then awesome. If he goes pro I'll still be a B. Smith fan, no matter where he goes. He has been a great athlete and ambassador for the university and state.
this 100%

the only 2 places i'd hate to see him go would be foxboro or baltimore.......but i doubt either of those teams are in the market for a QB
There are several places that I think that he could and would go to, and at the top of that list I would think you would have: the Minnesota Vikings and then closely behind would be the Cleveland Browns and then there are a bunch of teams in a group, like the Miami Dolphins and Arizona Cardinals and the Houston Texans. I just hope wherever Brett ends up that they have a decent offensive line!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

I don't want to see him go somewhere and be a back for the next 3-5 years before he gets to play. Also please no Denver.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Wyo2dal wrote:I don't want to see him go somewhere and be a back for the next 3-5 years before he gets to play. Also please no Denver.
Brett needs to stay another year, then get drafted 32nd overall in the 2015 draft to the Denver Broncos after the Broncos repeat, then he can learn from Peyton for a year as they 3-peat, then Brett can take over, and they can 4 peat
:)
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
PokePride.com
Cowpoke

whyoh wrote:
this 100%

Foxboro could be an option as Tom Brady is 36 and on the downside of his career. As much as I hate The Pats and Brady it would not hurt Smith any to sit behind Brady and study for a season or two.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

PokePride.com wrote:
whyoh wrote:
this 100%

Foxboro could be an option as Tom Brady is 36 and on the downside of his career. As much as I hate The Pats and Brady it would not hurt Smith any to sit behind Brady and study for a season or two.
True. As much of a whiner Brady is, he is a damn good QB.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Slightly off topic but speaking of Nike jerseys, why the hell can't we buy any of the alternate ones? Or where can I?
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

LasCrucesPoke wrote:Slightly off topic but speaking of Nike jerseys, why the hell can't we buy any of the alternate ones? Or where can I?
Check with the Brown and Gold maybe?
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

The Brown and Gold only gets one Nike jersey per year, then they have to sell out most of their stock before they can order more. That's why they still had the old style of brown and gold jerseys this season.
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Just saw this on the other board. If he does go, does this make Brett a quitter?

""Looks like Brett has submitted evaluation paperwork with the NFLDAB for early entry to 2014 NFL Draft. Only time will tell what his answer will be?""
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I would never call someone a quitter for pursuing there dream. If he has the talent and people want to pay him millions of dollars to play the game he loves then all prayers and blessings to him. He's a great talent and I'm counting my blessings he was in Laramie when I was.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

cowboyz wrote:Just saw this on the other board. If he does go, does this make Brett a quitter?
NO!
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

cowboyz wrote:Just saw this on the other board. If he does go, does this make Brett a quitter?

""Looks like Brett has submitted evaluation paperwork with the NFLDAB for early entry to 2014 NFL Draft. Only time will tell what his answer will be?""
It makes him smart.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Brett wouldn't be a quitter at all if he left for the NFL. He would be making millions. It's not like another qb who left to play for another team. Every person on this board would likely leave school if they had a million $ a year job offer, would you consider yourself a quitter if you left an amateur pursuit for a professional career?
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

could someone expand on what the evaluation paper work even is?
The Virginian
Cowpoke

djm19 wrote:could someone expand on what the evaluation paper work even is?
It stands for the NFL Draft Advisory Board. Here's a link to the Wikipedia entry about the NFLDAB and how it works to help college juniors to decide to enter the draft or not: Click This
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

If Brett is looking strongly at the draft it just proves three things we already know about him: Gutsy, Confident , and Risk taking - just what you want in a QB (besides competent, which he is of course)
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

The Virginian wrote:
djm19 wrote:could someone expand on what the evaluation paper work even is?
It stands for the NFL Draft Advisory Board. Here's a link to the Wikipedia entry about the NFLDAB and how it works to help college juniors to decide to enter the draft or not: Click This
That link helped a lot. Definitely interesting to think about.

Did Alvester go through the evaluation or did he just go for Shi
The Virginian
Cowpoke

Here's a link to an even more extensive article on how the NFL Draft Advisory Board works: Click This
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke