I will eat my shorts if we lose to Weber St

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Dread_Pirate_Cowboy
Ranch Hand

Serious as a heart attack, if we lose to Weber my shorts go right on the grill in the parking lot after the game. There is no chance of this happening. We've played better D1AA teams with worse Wyoming teams and still won....every time.

Wyo 35, Weber 10!

aargh!
"Good?...Bad?.....I'm the guy with the Gun!" -- Ash Williams
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 126 times

Hilarious! I agree though. No way our team, with their focus, loses to Weber. Aren't they primarily a cheerleading school anyway?
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 35 times

Always wear clean shorts... :)
ImageImageImageImage
weberwildcat
Buckaroo

Series: Wyoming leads 2-0. Last Meeting: Wyoming won 41-16 in 1999
Dread_Pirate_Cowboy
Ranch Hand

No way. I'm wearing the raunchiest, most skid-marked shorts I can find and I'm starting a diet of chili and fresh Mexican river water right now to seal the deal. I have confidence! (I'd suggest you stay clear of section E and the west end of the stadium lot)
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 35 times

This is the most disturbing thread I've ever read on this board.
:thumb:
ImageImageImageImage
CowboyFan
Ranch Hand

I agree with you, Dread, the Cowboys WILL win. I also think that they will win comfortably with an oppressive defense. If the offense clicks as they started to in camp, it should be a very comfortable win. But, Weber is well coached, has a lot of pride carry over from last year, and has talent. It should be a good game and let's hope Robert and his receivers get it going and make us proud.
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 57 times

I'm hoping UW scores first. If Weber St. puts some points on the board first and anything negative on offense occurs (turnover, 3 and out), there will be an immediate feeling of "here we go again". If the Pokes score first, we win 27-10. If Weber St. scores first and we don't answer immediately, this is going to be one close game. I still maintain Weber St. has more talent on offense than we do. Our defense and homefield advantage should be the difference, but who knows what will happen. Some people are really overlooking this Weber St. team. They are better than a couple other teams we will see this season. I don't give a damn about the past and how many horrible Wyo teams beat top notch 1AA schools. There is way more paridy in college football than ever before. The Pokes better be ready for a battle. I have confidence they can come out on top if they are mentally prepared.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

TheRealUW wrote:I'm hoping UW scores first. If Weber St. puts some points on the board first and anything negative on offense occurs (turnover, 3 and out), there will be an immediate feeling of "here we go again". If the Pokes score first, we win 27-10. If Weber St. scores first and we don't answer immediately, this is going to be one close game. I still maintain Weber St. has more talent on offense than we do. Our defense and homefield advantage should be the difference, but who knows what will happen. Some people are really overlooking this Weber St. team. They are better than a couple other teams we will see this season. I don't give a damn about the past and how many horrible Wyo teams beat top notch 1AA schools. There is way more paridy in college football than ever before. The Pokes better be ready for a battle. I have confidence they can come out on top if they are mentally prepared.
I agree, I think its CRUCIALLY important who scores first. If we struggle in any way and Weber gets a TD on the board before us the entire stadium will fill with that collective, dreadful sense of "Oh my god, Its always been in the back of my mind that we wouldn't be any better, here we go again..." and it could be a gritty game like NDSU last year. There is a TON of pressure on this new offense to perform, not just from all the hype from the fans and media but from the players themselves as well. We need to get an easy TD early, if we do, we roll. If not, it could be close.
CowboyFan
Ranch Hand

I agree with you guys that Weber is dangerous but I have really good feelings about this staff and what they have done. Weber has talent and is well coached but even if the Pokes hit a patch of horrible luck and find themselves down by 14, heaven forbid, I see this head coach and assistants getting the Pokes back on track. I am confident, but then we haven't played a down yet! lol No doubt though, Weber is coming to Laramie to WIN and I'm sure they believe they will. We better be well prepared.
pokerupfront
Ranch Hand

But I'm just so excited for the Texas game.

:poke:
Wildcat
Buckaroo

Dread_Pirate_Cowboy wrote:Serious as a heart attack, if we lose to Weber my shorts go right on the grill in the parking lot after the game. There is no chance of this happening. We've played better D1AA teams with worse Wyoming teams and still won....every time.

Wyo 35, Weber 10!

aargh!
watch your back cracker jack. statements like that will bring out all of the broke back jokes, but just kidding. if you are going to eat your shorts, exactly where in the parking lot will you be? i'd like a photo to post.....if you're up to it.

i know, how can little 'ol Weber State come into the hallowed halls of such a MWC powerhouse like Wyoming....and even think they have a chance of beating the almighty Cowboys......what are we thinking.

well, kickoff will not come soon enough my friend, and when the gun sounds we shall celebrate together...for the boys on the field playing their hearts out.
dapokes
Ranch Hand

Wildcat wrote:
Dread_Pirate_Cowboy wrote:Serious as a heart attack, if we lose to Weber my shorts go right on the grill in the parking lot after the game. There is no chance of this happening. We've played better D1AA teams with worse Wyoming teams and still won....every time.

Wyo 35, Weber 10!

aargh!
watch your back cracker jack. statements like that will bring out all of the broke back jokes, but just kidding. if you are going to eat your shorts, exactly where in the parking lot will you be? i'd like a photo to post.....if you're up to it.

i know, how can little 'ol Weber State come into the hallowed halls of such a MWC powerhouse like Wyoming....and even think they have a chance of beating the almighty Cowboys......what are we thinking.

well, kickoff will not come soon enough my friend, and when the gun sounds we shall celebrate together...for the boys on the field playing their hearts out.
So are we supposed to fear such a d1aa powerhouse like Weber State? Please... :lol:
wildkyle
Buckaroo

There is a story on ESPN.com that say's the best chance of upset in the MWC this week is Weber over you guys.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 126 times

wildkyle wrote:There is a story on ESPN.com that say's the best chance of upset in the MWC this week is Weber over you guys.
Sure their is Kyle...but look at the MWC schedule...who else has a shot at being "UPSET"...really only WYOMING, by process of elimination (and that is it). Nobody else even has a chance to be upset, or is not the favorite to begin with).

These MWC teams will kill thier opponents:
Utard vs. Utard State ('Tard state doesn't stand a chance)
AFA vs. Nicholls State (Nicholls State...WHO?)
UNLV vs. Sack State (Sack State...WHO?)

These MWC teams are not favored, so there is no UPSET factor:
SDSU vs. UCLA (upset, what??, UCLA is favored)
BwhyU vs. Oklahomo (upset, what??, Oklahomo is favored)
NM vs. T A&M (upset, what??, ATM is favored)
CSewe vs. Dirty Hippes (Upset, what??? Hippies are favored)

Oh, and, Wyoming walks away from Ogden State 41 - 6 ;)
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Dread_Pirate_Cowboy
Ranch Hand

So you want to take a picture of my ass, tell me to watch my back, and use the phrase "cracker jack", and you think you should be the one cracking the broke back jokes?
zappinpoke
Cowpoke

Dread_Pirate_Cowboy wrote:
So you want to take a picture of my ass, tell me to watch my back, and use the phrase "cracker jack", and you think you should be the one cracking the broke back jokes?

The guy sounds like a pillow biter
Last edited by zappinpoke on Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pokerupfront
Ranch Hand

zappinpoke wrote:
Dread_Pirate_Cowboy wrote:

The guy sounds like a pillow bitter.
If'n he is, then all his sisters are available, find out where he's sittin' so we can get a size-up on all 'em. If he ain't, we'd still like to get a look at the ones he ain't usin'.

;)