Brett Declares!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

SDPokeFan wrote:
Cowduck wrote:Troll hard, SDPokeFan. Troll hard.
Sigh. If it's a differing opinion it's trolling. I forgot.
Howdy-Doody the wood character has more common sense and intelligence than you do....

The only troll on here is someone like you that trashes a player like Brett Smith when you have accomplished absolutely nothing in your life! Your probably upset because he wouldn't let you carry his dirty jock strap!
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

PotatoCreekPete wrote:
SDPokeFan wrote:
PotatoCreekPete wrote:
SDPokeFan wrote:He didn't do anything against a good defense all season.
You are just an idiot......the LAST thing that Brett Smith was worried about was "padding" his stats....just a statement like that shows you know absolutely nothing about him or his character. I have no doubt that you don't have the guts to dare say that to his face....and that is all that people on here need to know about you and your LACK of character!

Frankly speaking, Brett Smith will be may more a Cowboy and a Cowboy fan his whole life way more than your pathetic attempt to come on here for this short time period and dirty his name!
Arrange for me to fly to him or him to me and I will say it to his face.
You are a gutless piece of trash....you expect me to pay the way for you to get your face smashed in? You know very well you don't have the guts to say it to his face and yet you expect someone else to make the arrangement? You can very easily go to Salem, Oregon and see the Smith family.....but you are a gutless wonder and don't have the guts to do it....frankly it would almost be worth the money to see you get your face pounded in.....
I will go but like I said, you'll have to pay for it. And you have to get me a hotel room. A nice one not some Motel 6. Oh and you can't hold it against me when his draft stock slips for getting into a brouhaha before the combine.
nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

There is definitely some love for Brett Smith across the interwebs. I wish him lots of luck with his pursuits. The Titans need a new QB :). The biggest disappointment is that we had this kind of talent and did nothing with it. Damn Christensen pisses me off.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict

PotatoCreekPete wrote:
SDPokeFan wrote:
Howdy-Doody the wood character has more common sense and intelligence than you do....

The only troll on here is someone like you that trashes a player like Brett Smith when you have accomplished absolutely nothing in your life! Your probably upset because he wouldn't let you carry his dirty jock strap!
How would you know what I have and haven't accomplished? You can tell that based on my opinion of Brett Smith quitting on his teammates? Can I have next week's lotto numbers?
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Jason Thompson and Austin Fort still looks like a pretty good future at qb.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Oh SD, you're such a douche sometimes. Not for having a different opinion, but always seemingly having the opinion of a douche. He will be drafted, maybe not high but he will. Within the first 4 or 5 rounds. Who cares how good of an NFL QB he'll be. He'll make as much money in a few years as we will in a lifetime. Likely by not being a starter. Even better. There was nothing else he could accomplish here besides maybe getting back to the New Mexico Bowl. I hope Thompson elevates us. But annointing him the savior? Clearly you play favorites. He's thrown 20 passes in his career and is 0-1 as a starter versus QB who rewrote Wyoming's record books. Let's calm down a little bit. I certainly wish he would have won more, do I think our teams every really lost a game because of him? Maybe 1-2 of the 20 he lost as a starter which is pretty good for a QB. I hope for nothing but the best for Brett, I think he could have benefited from another season but I understand the decision.
Last edited by PokeOLoco on Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Happy for Brett. I am sure this wasn't an easy decision but I think it's the right one for both sides. This gives us the fresh start we need with Jason Thompson leading the way. I think he will be a perfect fit for Bohl's style.
I'm good for 3!
PokePride.com
Cowpoke

Vapoke wrote:I think Jason Thompson will be outstanding at QB and may for Bohl system better. Best of luck Brett whatever team drafts you I will go to fedEx field and watch you play
I am a die hard Redskins fan and I know they have RGIII and Kirk Cousins but I would love to see Brett in the maroon and gold. See him a FedEx Field as a player for the Redskins. :thumb:
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

SDPokeFan wrote:
PotatoCreekPete wrote:
SDPokeFan wrote:

How would you know what I have and haven't accomplished? You can tell that based on my opinion of Brett Smith quitting on his teammates? Can I have next week's lotto numbers?
If you had accomplished ANYTHING, you would be known to the public but instead you are just some jock sniffing cry-baby nobody that doesn't have the guts to say anything to Brett Smith's face....and challenging me to pay for your stupidity shows just how gutless and stupid you are. You thinking that you are smart because you know no one is as stupid as you as to pay for your trip to Salem, Oregon to get your stupid face smashed in....so you are free to be a troll....you think...but you aren't. I am sure you are having fun on here acting as a stupid troll, but your ignorance on here has labeled you always as a stupid troll that isn't a Wyoming fan.....and every time you come on here, someone will call you out!
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

SDPokeFan wrote:
PotatoCreekPete wrote:
SDPokeFan wrote:

SDPokeFan = Stupid Douche Poke Fan.....
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict

PotatoCreekPete wrote:
SDPokeFan wrote:
PotatoCreekPete wrote:
SDPokeFan wrote:

If you had accomplished ANYTHING, you would be known to the public but instead you are just some jock sniffing cry-baby nobody that doesn't have the guts to say anything to Brett Smith's face....and challenging me to pay for your stupidity shows just how gutless and stupid you are. You thinking that you are smart because you know no one is as stupid as you as to pay for your trip to Salem, Oregon to get your stupid face smashed in....so you are free to be a troll....you think...but you aren't. I am sure you are having fun on here acting as a stupid troll, but your ignorance on here has labeled you always as a stupid troll that isn't a Wyoming fan.....and every time you come on here, someone will call you out!
How do you know I'm not known to the public? Do you know my real name? It's not SDPokeFan. That's my middle name.
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

I hope for nothing but success for Brett. I do think he should have stayed and played for a good coach.
But if he gets drafted by the Raiders I might kill myself
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

SDPokeFan wrote:
PotatoCreekPete wrote:
SDPokeFan wrote:
PotatoCreekPete wrote:
SDPokeFan wrote:

How do you know I'm not known to the public? Do you know my real name? It's not SDPokeFan. That's my middle name.
It makes sense that Stupid Douche would be part of your middle name.....everyone on here knows you for being the douche that you are......
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

His draft stock would have crashed staying and learning an entirely new offense they may or may not take advantage of him. He will go by no later than the 4th round, I expect someone to pick him up that doesn't need a QB right away but someone that wants to put him under a currently successful QB in the NFL for a few years.
ProudWYOAlum
Ranch Hand

I would love for nothing more than for Brett to go 1-3 round and kill it in the league. Would be a huge recruiting tool for us.

A successful NFL QB can help with exposure and put a school on the map. Look what Kapernick did for Nevada.

Who would have thought that we would have a former QB starting at an SEC school and our current QB declaring early for the NFL draft I'm the same season? DC could find QBs...
Hayduke
Cowpoke

ProudWYOAlum wrote:I would love for nothing more than for Brett to go 1-3 round and kill it in the league. Would be a huge recruiting tool for us.

A successful NFL QB can help with exposure and put a school on the map. Look what Kapernick did for Nevada.

Who would have thought that we would have a former QB starting at an SEC school and our current QB declaring early for the NFL draft I'm the same season? DC could find QBs...
Hope he was right with Thompson for next season! Assuming it will be Thompson starting. Article in the Casper paper stated that Bohl met with Thompson.

I would imagine that Bohl is going to spend some time plugging the leaking ship and preventing any players he deems to have potential from leaving.
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Predictions: Smith goes in fourth of fifth round to Denver. Thompson starts, barely, as QB next year but does not end as such. That's what my cloudy crystal ball shows.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Adv8RU12 wrote:Predictions: Smith goes in fourth of fifth round to Denver. Thompson starts, barely, as QB next year but does not end as such. That's what my cloudy crystal ball shows.
Who would come in, if Thompson is not the guy? Fort? Do we have any other QBs?
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict

Hayduke wrote:
ProudWYOAlum wrote:I would love for nothing more than for Brett to go 1-3 round and kill it in the league. Would be a huge recruiting tool for us.

Hope he was right with Thompson for next season! Assuming it will be Thompson starting. Article in the Casper paper stated that Bohl met with Thompson.

I would imagine that Bohl is going to spend some time plugging the leaking ship and preventing any players he deems to have potential from leaving.
Yep it's time to rally around the players that want to be here and turn this thing around.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

Puzzling to me...

Firstly I want to say that everything good anyone has ever read or said about Brett Smith is true...he's a class act, a God-fearing young man who has a deep faith in Christ Jesus, and he is one of the most electric football players ever to wear the Brown & Gold.

At media day this past summer, Brett took to my 6 year old boy, spoke with him at length, then insisted that they have a catch together. I have the picture of my son playing catch with Brett in my downstairs TV room, it was a moment my boy will remember forever.

With all that said this seems premature to me.

In all objectivity, aside from the Nebraska game, and the Arena League game against Hawaii, I thought Brett looked more than mediocre this season for long stretches of time.

Yes he was running for his life on every other play, but even when the pocket protection was good, his throws and accuracy left much to be desired.

I thought he fell into a lot of bad habits this season, in part due to an offensive line that couldn't protect him, or an offense in general that seemed to be in 3rd & long situations with regularity.

His footwork and mechanics need a big fine tuning in my opinion...I thought the move to a more conventional offense under the Bohl regime would have been good for him.

He has already shown scouts the ability to make plays outside the pocket, to run a hurry-up offense...what he needed in my opinion was some rigidity within the position, a more pro-style offense where his pocket skills would be enhanced, running an offense much less helter-skelter to smooth out a lot of his rough spots.

I wish him nothing but the best going forward and as a Pokes fan I'll always remain thankful that I got a chance to see him play and meet him a few times up close and personal.

Bring on the Jason Thompson era, of which I am very excited for.

I think Thompson has a chance to be really good.