Vorel Column on Aaron Young

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Vorel CST column:

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... cfcd8.html

Other Vorel tweets:

"Young said that Wyoming OC Brent Vigen told him he saw many similarities on tape between Young and NDSU QB Brock Jensen."

"Aaron Young on what Vigen and Bohl told him on the phone today: 'They said that my film spoke volumes."
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

The dead period just limits in person contact, correct?
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
KansasPoke
Ranch Hand

One phone call a week, no scouting, no campus visits, etc.

Basically this got done by film study and Bohl/Vigen talking to him. Offer made and accepted! The staff was beyond lucky Young fell right into their laps at the right time.
The Virginian
Cowpoke

I'm curious. Since the spring semester has already started, how can Young come to Laramie and be part of spring ball? Doesn't he have to be a student in good standing to participate?
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
KansasPoke
Ranch Hand

I believe just like in the Fall semester there is always a little grace period for students to get into classes before it is to late.
zappinpoke
Cowpoke

I thought classes didn't start til Monday. Following some of the players on twitter and they are still home.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Most students are just now returning to Laramie.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

The Virginian wrote:I'm curious. Since the spring semester has already started, how can Young come to Laramie and be part of spring ball? Doesn't he have to be a student in good standing to participate?

Classes start on Monday. Coaches haven't even contacted the current players on Wyoming's roster yet. They need to get the SC coach in Laramie and get him ready to go. I suspect they will have a team meeting once everyone is back.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

so he has three days to transfer his credits, register, pack and move to laramie before classes start monday?

sounds like a good time
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 235 times

whyoh wrote:so he has three days to transfer his credits, register, pack and move to laramie before classes start monday?

sounds like a good time
It's not difficult to miss the first week of class and be just fine. The first week tends to be a waste of time.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote:
whyoh wrote:so he has three days to transfer his credits, register, pack and move to laramie before classes start monday?

sounds like a good time
It's not difficult to miss the first week of class and be just fine. The first week tends to be a waste of time.
+1

And since it is his first semester at Wyo and he is an underclassmen academically, he will likely only be taking 12 credits, in 4 very easy, 3 credit classes.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
The Virginian
Cowpoke

Slow Hand wrote:
The Virginian wrote:I'm curious. Since the spring semester has already started, how can Young come to Laramie and be part of spring ball? Doesn't he have to be a student in good standing to participate?

Classes start on Monday. Coaches haven't even contacted the current players on Wyoming's roster yet. They need to get the SC coach in Laramie and get him ready to go. I suspect they will have a team meeting once everyone is back.
OK, that makes sense. Yeah, missing the first week isn't a big deal.
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke