Air Force game

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

what's everybody think about this one, I think we'll be fairly ok, and won't as outboarded as we did against CSU, drive to the hole early and often and let's beat em again, they aren't very good, but we always have issues with them, maybe we need Allan to coach the game again.....sure hope the weather holds out to make the trek from Cheyenne yet again....GO POKES, get it done (thank goodness for Root if that's the case)
VisorHair
Ranch Hand

stymeman wrote:what's everybody think about this one, I think we'll be fairly ok, and won't as outboarded as we did against CSU, drive to the hole early and often and let's beat em again, they aren't very good, but we always have issues with them, maybe we need Allan to coach the game again.....sure hope the weather holds out to make the trek from Cheyenne yet again....GO POKES, get it done (thank goodness for Root if that's the case)
This AF team is more sound than last year, as always, sneaky good. They don't have the dominant scorer from last year in Lyons. That Princeton offense is nasty, should be a low scoring game. 1st one to 60 wins

"In this geographical area; Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, and Western Kansas - there's a new Sheriff in town." - Coach Bohl
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

the hole gets bigger with Hank getting suspended
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

We will win
YankPoke
Cowpoke

Unfortunately without Nance and now Hank, I would be surprised if we win any of the final four games.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

YankPoke wrote:Unfortunately without Nance and now Hank, I would be surprised if we win any of the final four games.
+1

I just don't see us getting any wins now. The wind has to be gone from their sails.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

hope the weather holds out, but I can't see more than 4k at the game tonight, sad, sad, sad
ltcpilot
Buckaroo
Been liked: 1 time

AF Fan here.....hope for a good game with no injuries...was sad to see Nance go down and I hope for a quick recovery for him. Here's my thoughts on the game......

Full blog can be read at http://ricksfalconreview.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Time for the 'wheels on the bus to go 'round and..."....time for AF vs Wyoming

Time for the Falcons to get back on their feet and find somebody, just one person on the court, that can motivate his teammates to focus, to extent, to energize, to win! I said we could get 4 out of the last 5, well we still can reach for that goal even if it seems to be set to far to reach. If you don't try then you won't know what you can accomplish. Some great orator said that somewhere in history and that is my paraphrase of it, but it definitively fits this situation.

This is a game AF can win. We played tough and gave the game away in the first meeting. Up by 15 points, playing great defense, shooting well inside, then the 'wheels fell off the bus'. The Cowboys, directed by their assistant coach (Coach Shyatt was sick and we are glad he is feeling better), they switched to a zone midway through the first half and began to shut us down and did resulting in a loss for the Falcons and making us 3-4 instead of 4-3 and then we regressed mightily in the next series of games. Time to refocus and win this game.

Here's the pregame and postgame thoughts from our first meeting....(go to blog at http://ricksfalconreview.blogspot.com/

Postgame Not a 'Cup of Coffee' in AF's lose to Wyoming 66-59
Pregame Some things more important than a PREVIEW of Air Force (9-8/3-3) vs Wyoming (11-6/2-2)

Now to look at our current matchup with team comparison and then top players (in minutes) compared...

Stats didn't transfer can be found at http://ricksfalconreview.blogspot.com/

Cowboys were without their coach in the last game and now they are without leading scorer Nance Jr (out ACL tear) and Hankerson who has been suspended from the team. We will see a very deliberate motion offense, I expect a lot of zone unless we are burying the three and sometimes 4 guards on the floor looking to shoot the trey or to drive for the shot/foul.

For AF it is simple. Take care of the ball and make some shots in the 40%'s and back in the upper 30% range from the arc. And no more 50% from the FT line. It is not call the charity stripe for nothing so when we get there MAKE THE SHOTS. I look for Tre' and Max to run the offense hard with Zach get more minutes up top. I look for the team to drive to the lane even versus the zone. With Nance gone and even Hankerson (6'4'/220#) they are not as tough inside. Nance not only gave them 15ppg but also almost 9 rpg and 2+ blocks per game.

This all comes down to a mental game. Which team is tougher in adversity. I hope it is our Falcons.

These are all newslinks that didn't transfer here but can be found at http://ricksfalconreview.blogspot.com/

25 Feb 2014 New: AF vs Wyoming Preview plus links MWC/more
Rick'sFalconReview: Time for the 'wheels on the bus to go 'round and..."....time for AF vs Wyoming
Struggling Air Force to let offense 'fly' vs Wyoming
Coach Pilipovich Press Conference (Video-scroll down if needed)
Rick'sFalconReview: Not a loss, a beatdown as AF loses 75-56 to Nevada
AF's Earls playing starter minutes in different role
Without Nance, Cowboys must do more as a group
Air Force's shooting woes continue in lopsided home loss to Nevada
Recap: Air Force vs. Nevada
Nevada basketball notes: Wolf Pack plays Follow the Leader behind Burton ...
Wolf Pack's confidence finally takes flight vs. Air Force
Final stretch of conference season presents an opportunity for Air Force hoops
Rick'sFalconReview: Air Force vs Nevada...It is time to soar!
Rick'sFalconReview: So close....AF loses to #5 San Diego State
Rick'sFalconReview: Rough loss to CSU and Now a must win for Air Force at San Jose State 2/24/14
Nevada Women Shoot Past Air Force 76-43
Cowboys lose at CSU
Rams Pull Away from Cowboys for 82-67 Border War Win
Pokes bounce into Fort Collins without Nance Jr.
Boise State men's basketball turns tables, rallies to beat UNLV
After review, Boise St nips UNLV in overtime 91-90
Thriller in Idaho: Boise State defeats UNLV in overtime 91-90
Ref: Correct call made in BSU victory
Aztecs didn't find charity in New Mexico
Aztecs hit a mountain-sized bump
Lobos tear up No.6 Aztecs 58-44
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Cowboys truly need this game if for nothing else to prove to themselves that they still belong, gonna be tough without Hank, but i still think we get it done at home, UW 58-AFA 52
YankPoke
Cowpoke

AFA 65 UW 58
PokePride.com
Cowpoke

I was looking at Wyoming's last 4 games on the schedule earlier today and with 3 of the final 4 games being in Laramie I believe we will be OK. We need 3 wins to get to 20 on the season and I believe we can win 3 of the final 4 but more likely to split them going 2 and 2 over the final four. A 19 win season is still not bad and I believe we get there starting tonight with what I believe may be an easy win over Air Force.

Wyoming 74 Air Force 56
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

We've just lost an average of 20 ppg losing Nance and Hank, and even with them we don't even avg 68 ppg, something tells me we may be lucky to hit 60 tonight. On top of that wasn't it the AFA game earlier that we were down by like 15 points even with Nance and Hank?

I'm concerned...
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

I don't want to entertain the idea of Wyoming losing this game. Lose to the Zoomies at home, and losing out will become a possibility. I think the team pulls it out, but barely.

For this week, I see Wyoming 56, Air Force 51 and Wyoming 61, Boise State 65.
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

I don't know what the crowd will be like. I was in Cheyenne today to take some beef down to get processed and it was bad. Took over 2 hours to get back here. We aren't going tonight and I feel like I am letting the team down. This never happens :(
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Yeah, been snowing since about 1pm or so and hasn't let up.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote:Yeah, been snowing since about 1pm or so and hasn't let up.
Vorel's picture was pretty.....wow. In a lot of places, spring is rearing its head. Not in Laramie.

I fear the attendances for AFA/BSU could be ugly....
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Wow.....the arena is empty.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Doesn't help any that it's Tuesday night and were playing bottom of the conference, Most the students only show in force when there is a chance to rush the court.

We're getting blasted on all sides of the ball right now. The only thing that is going to keep us in this game is if AFA doesn't somehow shoot their best game of the year.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Anyone else's stream give up at the end of the half?
castlerocker
Cowpoke

Boy, does Cook have a mental block about shooting those free throws? He knows he going to miss before he even takes the shot.