Enough with the douche bag ushers/security people!

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Pokes Forever
Ranch Hand

If you'd say it to your Grandma then it's OK........if not it doesn't need to be shouted at a public venue.....and if you talk like that to your Grandma you have some real issues........like Alyssa inferred, be creative and show a little class not your ass!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

i'd be interested to see, and we'll never know, how many more fans/students woulda shown up if Nance was healthy, how loud and more rockin the place woulda been?? I wish the City of Laramie citizens would support the BBall programs a bit more than they do!!!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

stymeman wrote:i'd be interested to see, and we'll never know, how many more fans/students woulda shown up if Nance was healthy, how loud and more rockin the place woulda been?? I wish the City of Laramie citizens would support the BBall programs a bit more than they do!!!
The Laramie city council is probably THE worst of the "good ol boy" system in the state. Wish I was exaggerating, but not only do they have the "good ol boy" system well entrenched, but most of them are idiots as well. For example, who schedules to have Grand Avenue closed to be fixed up during the school year and has all that traffic diverted to side streets that really can't cope with it?
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

fromolwyoming wrote:
stymeman wrote:i'd be interested to see, and we'll never know, how many more fans/students woulda shown up if Nance was healthy, how loud and more rockin the place woulda been?? I wish the City of Laramie citizens would support the BBall programs a bit more than they do!!!
The Laramie city council is probably THE worst of the "good ol boy" system in the state. Wish I was exaggerating, but not only do they have the "good ol boy" system well entrenched, but most of them are idiots as well. For example, who schedules to have Grand Avenue closed to be fixed up during the school year and has all that traffic diverted to side streets that really can't cope with it?
yeah being over the last couple of weeks, that construction on Grand is really a bother and I don't live there, Laramie where time has and continues to forget, get with it Huh???
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Hayduke wrote:
I quit watching before that happened. Wow. It really takes away from the Gauchos' victory. How do you prevent this from happening without having security surrounding a basketball court or sealing off the court from the fans?
For one thing, it's a rare occurrence. And short of playing the game behind plexiglass, nothing can 100% "prevent" such a thing. In the old days, though, we had this thing called "deterrence" and it was most effective when examples were made. If the offender was a student- straight to academic probation and a one year ban from any revenue-generating event, including non-sports events, at any campus venue. This would go on top of an arrest and booking for trespassing. If he laid a finger on anyone, escalate the charge to simple assault. If it's a non-student, same thing except, obviously, for the academic status.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory