Walker Madden & McKenna leave?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

LasCrucesPoke wrote:Really? I'll help him pack. Where's "one smooth douche" at with all the receivers quitting as well. Sack up or move on. Better yet allow less sacks or move on.
Wow, angry and tough guys abound. I am only telling you what transpired. would you rather I not tell you?
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

Cowboy Junky wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:Let.me.be the first to tell you that another scholarshipped lineman.has.quit today. Hmmmm?
Who gives a poop? Why do you insist on trying to make something out of nothing? Aside from Jason Thompson, the team has had very little attrition. Who cares if a couple of dough boy offensive linemen quit? It's what you should expect when you have a team full of candy asses and a tough coach.

Kids will quit on a new coach. It happens every time a new coach is hired. If they can't take it, it's better that they leave.

Keep trying to create some b.s. controversy about a couple of candy asses that couldn't take division one coaching. Keep it in perspective. So far with Jason Thompson leaving, Wyoming has lost about FOUR players since the Bohl hire. That's way low considering how many left when DC or Joe Glenn took over.

Nothing to see here. Quitters quit. End of story.
Not trying to create anything...just telling you what has taken place. You seem to be the one getting all worked up here.
What cracks me up is how tough all of you on here seem to be. Maybe ya all should go out and play for the Pokes. I think I told you that things would get worse before they got better, that s fully expected. The information about the players who have quit is goignto be posted on here by someone.....why not me? :rofl:
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Slowhand you said "what cracks me up is how tough all of you on here seem to be". Yet you are the one acting all big and mighty. You act like every time someone quits the progam, UW football is doomed, then have to do your douchey "I told you so" act along with it.
Get over yourself...no one cares!
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:Slowhand you said "what cracks me up is how tough all of you on here seem to be". Yet you are the one acting all big and mighty. You act like every time someone quits the progam, UW football is doomed, then have to do your douchey "I told you so" act along with it.
Get over yourself...no one cares!
Hey Beeve just telling you what happened. would you rather me not say anything?
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

Y don't you just say which person quit today instead of saying "scholarship offensive linemen"?
W-Y, Until I Die!
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

Sorry, can't do that as it would jeopardize my standing with the team. Unlike Beeve I have a good relationship with the team. If they realized who I was I couldn't post the insider stuff any longer. Sorry.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

Ok, we'll wait a week to get the name.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

Probably will come out Monday, unless they talk him out of it. He just said he doesn't like playing anymore. Not blaming Bohl contrary to popular belief here. LOL
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

Slow Hand wrote:Let.me.be the first to tell you that another scholarshipped lineman.has.quit today. Hmmmm?
Slow Hand, your post smacks of I told you so..... the way you use the words "another" and "Hmmmm?" in your post. You couch things as putting all of your sympathy and support with the players leaving rather the ones that are staying and continue to work with this coaching staff. The new OL coach has been an OL player and coach for a number of years, and you are saying that all of a sudden, he is becoming abusive or abrasive after all of these seasons and the players leaving are right and the coach is wrong?

Maybe, just maybe, the players leaving has identified a weak position on the team? A position that recruited guys for one system and some of them doesn't want to change or put the work in to be better in the new system. Did this occur to you, because if it did, it didn't come out in your post? Frankly, I think that the new OL coach has a much better idea of how to be successful at the top level rather than some disgruntled players that don't want to be part of what it takes to be the best that they can be. Going from a spread offense to a pro-style offense is not easy especially for the OL, it means an extra level of intensity in the run game a nastiness that they didn't exhibit under the old coaching staff. If we lose a few more, so be it, because the ones that remain will be the type that can play in Wyoming's new offense.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

It was Connor Riese. It aint a secret.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

Potato,
You must be clairvoyant, I don't think one time I have accused the OL coach of being abusive? At least that I can remember, I am getting old and somewhat forgetful. You sir are assuming and projecting meaning on my behalf as seen through your eyes.

That the coaches are abusive is not my stance, It is simply as you have stated, ever so clear that they are not a good fit for the new system. However I will tell you that the loss does not bode well for our ability to run the football this year. I will try to just give you the information as I get it however even that seems to offend some of you on here. SMH
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

Slow Hand wrote:Potato,
You must be clairvoyant, I don't think one time I have accused the OL coach of being abusive? At least that I can remember, I am getting old and somewhat forgetful. You sir are assuming and projecting meaning on my behalf as seen through your eyes.

That the coaches are abusive is not my stance, It is simply as you have stated, ever so clear that they are not a good fit for the new system. However I will tell you that the loss does not bode well for our ability to run the football this year. I will try to just give you the information as I get it however even that seems to offend some of you on here. SMH
Slow Hand, do you read your own posts all the way through? You say that the loss of the player(s) does not bode well for our ability to run the ball. Is there anywhere in this statement, support for the new coaching staff and what they are attempting to do? NO,NO and NO. I am not clairvoyant, but I do read, and what people DON'T say is many times more important than what they do say (one of the many things that I learned in the classrooms of UW). If you support the new staff it is nowhere in your posts, not clairvoyant just reading your posts and seeing what is actually in there and what isn't. It appears that you are having more problem with me actually reading your posts and seeing what is in there and what isn't, more than you have problems with anything else.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Slow Hand wrote:That the coaches are abusive is not my stance, It is simply as you have stated, ever so clear that they are not a good fit for the new system.
Slow Hand wrote:It is not about his job as a starter...more than that it is about the way the players are being treated. Have you ever wondered why practices are closed to the public? It isn't because of the top secret pro style offense that they are installing. (All you have to do is watch film on NDSU to get that) It is so that the public doesn't see or hear how the coaches are treating these young men. It is borderline in terms of being acceptable.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
mwc fan
Cowpoke

I dont think some of these boys on the line can take constructive criticism. I asked a lineman what the problem is and he just told me the last staff was to soft so there is some adjustment period. The O line is in the spotlight to get this power run game off the ground. It all starts with them. Some cant take the pressure, so its better they leave now.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

joshvanklomp wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:That the coaches are abusive is not my stance, It is simply as you have stated, ever so clear that they are not a good fit for the new system.
Slow Hand wrote:It is not about his job as a starter...more than that it is about the way the players are being treated. Have you ever wondered why practices are closed to the public? It isn't because of the top secret pro style offense that they are installing. (All you have to do is watch film on NDSU to get that) It is so that the public doesn't see or hear how the coaches are treating these young men. It is borderline in terms of being acceptable.
Maybe I can't read where exactly does it say that they are abusive? It simply states that the public would not like to hear what is said during practice. You guys read way too much into a post! WOW. Do you think that the public would like to hear the coaches calling the players f-word, or douchbags, or perhaps slithering pieces of poop? Maybe they would who knows?
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

joshvanklomp wrote:
To Slow Hand:

You don't actually use the word abusive in talking about how the OL line coach treats them but you strongly suggest it with the statement...."It is borderline in terms of being acceptable." Maybe you have an issue with admitting what you yourself state in your comments. Contradicting yourself is pretty obvious here for everyone to see.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

Like Bohl said when was hired " football is a mans sport". I believe you need thick skin and a great work ethic to be a champion. These players that left are a prime example of not being Cowboy tough. We need tough players with thick skin.
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

Slow Hand wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:
Maybe I can't read where exactly does it say that they are abusive? It simply states that the public would not like to hear what is said during practice. You guys read way too much into a post! WOW. Do you think that the public would like to hear the coaches calling the players f-word, or douchbags, or perhaps slithering pieces of poop? Maybe they would who knows?
Calling someone those names, do you classify that as "abusive"?
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

You see here is the thing...I am pretty sure the coaching staff, Bohl In particular, doesn't want the public hearing his coaching staff talking to these young men in the fashion that they are. That is why the practice is closed as well as to eliminate any possible distractions. I get that it is the culture of a D1 program but it goes against everything he has portrayed up to this point. Honor, integrity, really? How can you make those claims and talk to young men in that fashion? It is counter productive.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

PotatoCreekPete wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:
Calling someone those names, do you classify that as "abusive"?
Potato, that is my point. I don't know? I suppose it is up to the individual on the receiving end. What do you think? Is it acceptable?