Bohl Interview in Nebraska

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

joshvanklomp wrote:
hithere wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:
Like I said, know who you are. Oregon has Nike in their backyard, so thats how they are staying true to who they are. Last I checked, there is no Nike headquarters around Laramie.
Have you ever been to Laramie? And if you haven't that's fine. I hope you're able to make it to some games, experience how great Laramie and Wyoming fans can be and at least be a Cowboy fan for awhile... maybe Bohl will even right the ship and you'll be swayed from being a Craig Bohl fan to a University of Wyoming fan.
joshvanklomp wrote: Wyominians live a more traditionalist, clean-cut lifestyle. They don't get wrapped-up in the hip styles or whats "in" in 2014.
This really did make me laugh, thanks for that. Good stuff. I keep rereading it and cracking up.
No I haven't been to Laramie. And while I originally came here because Bohl took the job, I'm already starting to see myself as more than just a Bohl fan.

And sorry, I misspoke on accident, calling the locals Wyominians. Will I ever hear the end of it?
Everyone gets poop on here. Except Lax. The only reason he doesn't get poop is because he put titties on his signature so people forget they were mad at what he said.

I've gotten tons of poop on here.

Don't just be a Bohl fan, be a Wyo fan. Come to Laramie, go the the Buckhorn, go tailgate, go eat at Altitudes, stop by the Brown and Gold store, and you will definitely be a Wyoming fan.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

You forgot an important one-

In order to be a Wyoming fan, you have to stick it out for more than a few years. Really test your patience and loyalty.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

djm19 wrote:You forgot an important one-

In order to be a Wyoming fan, you have to stick it out for more than a few years. Really test your patience and loyalty.
AND hate the unnamed ones in Provo beyond belief!!!!! :tickedoff:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Hmm....define "stick it out". Wyokie's forever telling us he doesn't make the effort to actually watch Wyoming's game. Be lucky to get him to listen to the radio...

Hell....when you think about it, sometimes Wyokie...I swear you disown this program. You're a fan of the 80s/90s Cowboys....and almost disassociate the present group as Cowboys.

Name me 15 players Wyokie.....without cheating of course. 15 from 2000-2013.

:fuel: :poke:
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

J-Rod wrote:

Hmm....define "stick it out". Wyokie's forever telling us he doesn't make the effort to actually watch Wyoming's game. Be lucky to get him to listen to the radio...

Hell....when you think about it, sometimes Wyokie...I swear you disown this program. You're a fan of the 80s/90s Cowboys....and almost disassociate the present group as Cowboys.

Name me 15 players Wyokie.....without cheating of course. 15 from 2000-2013.

:fuel: :poke:
Robert Herron
Brett Smith
ACS
Casey Bramlet
Corey Bramlet
Jovon Bouknight
Alvester Alexander
Shuan Wick
Patrick Chukwurah
Malcom Floyd
Aaron Elling
Al Rich
Adam Brooks
Chris Cox
J.J. Raterink
Proinski

I got 16.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie wrote: Robert Herron
Brett Smith
ACS
Casey Bramlet
Corey Bramlet
Jovon Bouknight
Alvester Alexander
Shuan Wick
Patrick Chukwurah
Malcom Floyd
Aaron Elling
Al Rich
Adam Brooks
Chris Cox
J.J. Raterink
Proinski

I got 16.
Good...good! Now name 10 more. :twisted:
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

Of all the options I found Chris Cox and Adam Brooks to be odd choices. Haha.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

Jay stoner
W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

laxwyo wrote:Jay stoner
I completely forgot about him.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:Don't just be a Bohl fan, be a Wyo fan. Come to Laramie, go the the Buckhorn, go tailgate, go eat at Altitudes, stop by the Brown and Gold store, and you will definitely be a Wyoming fan.
I would love to! However, being 700-750 miles away (depending on if I were to take backroads through western Nebraska) and without a vehicle presents a bit of a challenge there.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
djm19
WyoNation Addict

joshvanklomp wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:Don't just be a Bohl fan, be a Wyo fan. Come to Laramie, go the the Buckhorn, go tailgate, go eat at Altitudes, stop by the Brown and Gold store, and you will definitely be a Wyoming fan.
I would love to! However, being 700-750 miles away (depending on if I were to take backroads through western Nebraska) and without a vehicle presents a bit of a challenge there.

Bike maybe?
djm19
WyoNation Addict

Is Fargo really 750 miles to laramie?
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

djm19 wrote:Is Fargo really 750 miles to laramie?
I'm not from Fargo. And its actually 800 miles from Fargo to Laramie.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

It's not like we're all from Laramie. A lot of us aren't even from Wyoming. It's just the two points of reference. And why don't you have a car? Middle America you're not going to get far without one!
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

BackHarlowRoad wrote:80's butt rock is definitely NOT something to be proud of.

Catchy and fun on occasion? Absolutely.

Awful music. Awful.
I just saw a girl walk by my house in Laramie - maybe two hours ago - wearing short shorts from the 80's. That butt did rock!

Now I can only hope my girlfriend doesn't read these forums - if she does, i'm in trouble.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

joshvanklomp wrote:One more thing about the uniforms...

I always thought that the NDSU yellow jerseys were the ugliest jerseys. I always hoped they would switch to a green scheme.

The key I was trying to communicate is that Bohl just wants to stay consistent, and know who you are. Like Bohl said in the interview, Wyoming ranchers can identify with the team. They don't buy into all the flashy uniform changes. They want consistency, and hard-nosed football.
They don't care. It is shirts or skins. The important part is being able to distinguish your team from the other team. Anything more than that is flashy.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

LasCrucesPoke wrote:It's not like we're all from Laramie. A lot of us aren't even from Wyoming. It's just the two points of reference. And why don't you have a car? Middle America you're not going to get far without one!
I'm from Shoshoni. I've always been a Cowboy! Go Pokes!
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

:thumb:
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

I claim South Dakota as my home state. There are a substantial amount of Pokes out of Western SD, inluding some who post on and read this board.
Herd
Buckaroo

Wow, I can't believe I just read 4 pages of whining about uniforms from you folks. The guy is introducing a culture, an identity, a toughness to cowboy football, and all you seem to care about uniforms and brands? Is this a bunch of woosies on this board or something?

The style of play and the attitude that he is trying to instill in this team is not flavor of the month kind of stuff. And the uniforms shouldn't be either. The sooner you come to grips with that the better. Get on board with defense, running the ball, and a controlled passing game that controls the clock. This style of football works. Too bad Bohl couldn't bring in the NDSU players too so you could have the horses to win in year 1. I would love to see NDSU compete in the MW, but until then, I'll be watching WYO. Get behind this team, and this coach . . . you've learn to love this style of play.