Big XII Further slams byu

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

hithere wrote:
djm19 wrote:I see that...I would rather just bash on someone that affects us directly. Like teasing SDSU's crazy RB or Calhoun. BYU is dead to me now.
Are you thinking of changing your profile pic?

BYU may be dead to you, but if there exists another inherently unlikeable school, athletics program and fan base, I haven't found it.
There is a long story behind the profile pic from years ago. Logo I designed for the final Wy-BYU game. It is more used as an isignia at family functions and gifts...but yeah, I can change it.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Don't change it!
hithere
Ranch Hand

djm19 wrote:There is a long story behind the profile pic from years ago. Logo I designed for the final Wy-BYU game. It is more used as an isignia at family functions and gifts...but yeah, I can change it.
I didn't mean to suggest that you change it. My question was regarding the irony in your post vs. your (pretty f-word awesome) logo. My post was just expressing my opinion that it never gets old bashing anything BYU.

Don't change your profile pic on my account.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 109 times

I liked the old logo, djm, but the new one is solid too. Well played, sir!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

hithere wrote:My post was just expressing my opinion that it never gets old bashing anything BYU.
THAT'S a Wyoming tradition that should NEVER die!!!! Like drinking beer or going to the rodeo.

For anyone who doesn't understand why the hatred, I'll use a Star Wars analogy.

BYU = Emperor Palpatine & his Intergalactic Empire
Wyoming = the Rebellion

Any questions?
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
djm19
WyoNation Addict

hithere wrote:
djm19 wrote:There is a long story behind the profile pic from years ago. Logo I designed for the final Wy-BYU game. It is more used as an isignia at family functions and gifts...but yeah, I can change it.
I didn't mean to suggest that you change it. My question was regarding the irony in your post vs. your (pretty f-word awesome) logo. My post was just expressing my opinion that it never gets old bashing anything BYU.

Don't change your profile pic on my account.
I see how that could look hypocritical. It will make its return when BYU dos something to Wyoming.

Maybe I am hypersensitive to the thread after thread on byu because 1) I am living in the middle of their drama and hear it 24/7 and 2) I wish there was more exciting news about Wyoming football
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

djm19 wrote:I see how that could look hypocritical. It will make its return when BYU dos something to Wyoming.

Maybe I am hypersensitive to the thread after thread on byu because 1) I am living in the middle of their drama and hear it 24/7 and 2) I wish there was more exciting news about Wyoming football
Loved (and still love) my shirts djm19. Still wear them. Damn that was a rough game though - had a chance at the end, and blew it.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
djm19
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote:
djm19 wrote:I see how that could look hypocritical. It will make its return when BYU dos something to Wyoming.

Loved (and still love) my shirts djm19. Still wear them. Damn that was a rough game though - had a chance at the end, and blew it.
I know. Son of a. I would have loved to have had that win before they left the conference.

I tried designing one of a Cowboy riding a Ram and it would have totally backfired. The joke would have been on us. Didnt look good at all....

I actually dont even own one of those shirts anymore. I only made a few and they all sold. If/When BYU comes moping back into the MWC we will have some nice Welcome Back shirts.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 109 times

I've still got mine. I've packed on some weight since then, so it doesn't fit very well anymore. In the event that we ever have to deal with the borg again (God I hope not) I'll be ready :thumb:
Pokes Forever
Ranch Hand

I'm for one, am glad when YBU gets dumped on. I blame their prejudiced practices in the day that led to the downfall of Wyo Football. As a 7th grader at the time I didn't realize the true impact that it would have but the Pokes have never Trulu recovered. I think Eaton did the right thing as I believe sports is not the venue to be making statements like the players wanted but it is what it is. bYY will always suck and anything short if dissolution of their athletics program is just not enough for me!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Pokes Forever wrote:I'm for one, am glad when YBU gets dumped on. I blame their prejudiced practices in the day that led to the downfall of Wyo Football. As a 7th grader at the time I didn't realize the true impact that it would have but the Pokes have never Trulu recovered. I think Eaton did the right thing as I believe sports is not the venue to be making statements like the players wanted but it is what it is. bYY will always suck and anything short if dissolution of their athletics program is just not enough for me!
Those ^*(()))*&()*^* are the major reason Wyoming went into the crapper! We had a brief moment of success under Roach but that's it! :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Wyokie wrote:Those ^*(()))*&()*^* are the major reason Wyoming went into the crapper! We had a brief moment of success under Roach but that's it! :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:
Per se, the BYU football team didn't cause this. Eaton and the AD were correct - people (in this case the black football players) are representatives of the university as a whole. They cannot be allowed, in that context, at a university event, to publicly display their offence at the grievous stance that the Mormon church held against blacks, even if it is only to wear black arm bands.

Somewhere else, on their own time, they could strongly state their complaint. They could also have gone on the field that day and put in an extra effort. But as it turned out anyway, BYU was soundly trounced. I suspect that Eaton sympathized with them, but he did what he had to do.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Not a popular opinion, but Wyoming players caused Wyoming's demise. The Wyoming players chose to try to make a stand/make a show/protest/whatever, despite the coach telling them not to. They knew the consequences and chose to ignore it. BYU, as much as I despise them, did not make the players do what they did, and are not to blame. That, I'm sorry to say, fits squarely on our own shoulders.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

I can't blame them. There are times you have to do what's right even when you know it's going to hurt you. I can't even imagine being in a position where somebody thinks you are worth less as a human being because of your skin color... LDS can explain it away all they want, but that's what it came down to.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

You can't not blame the players and then turn around and blame YBU.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

kdwrightuwyo wrote:You can't not blame the players and then turn around and blame YBU.
Well, not BYU directly, but the LDS church at that time (up until the 70s) did not allow black people to become priests/ministers/bishops/whatever their version of that is, and it was because of the skin color.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

fromolwyoming wrote:
kdwrightuwyo wrote:You can't not blame the players and then turn around and blame YBU.
Well, not BYU directly, but the LDS church at that time (up until the 70s) did not allow black people to become priests/ministers/bishops/whatever their version of that is, and it was because of the skin color.
And it was/is wrong...there is no denying that. And I'm not arguing that. My point is that they did not cause Wyoming's demise. Their point of view caused certain members of the Wyoming team to feel that they needed to directly disobey their head coach. Whether they were right or wrong is not my point either. The player's actions set Wyoming back, not YBU. To continue to whine and cry that YBU caused Wyoming's program to fall into the trenches for the last 20-30 years is a poor excuse. It makes us fans look bad, and should be dropped. Is the results of those actions decades ago a part of our history? Yes. But to continually blame BYU for actions of our players is beyond ridiculous at this point.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Normally I would stay out of these type of topics they can be pretty toxic at times but I blame BYU 100% for the racism and don't blame the players for wanting to fight it.

If the same thing happened today I think it would be favored to let the players do it but unfortunately during that time racism was very much in power and very few schools and or coaches stood up against it.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

kdwrightuwyo wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:
And it was/is wrong...there is no denying that. And I'm not arguing that. My point is that they did not cause Wyoming's demise. Their point of view caused certain members of the Wyoming team to feel that they needed to directly disobey their head coach. Whether they were right or wrong is not my point either. The player's actions set Wyoming back, not YBU. To continue to whine and cry that YBU caused Wyoming's program to fall into the trenches for the last 20-30 years is a poor excuse. It makes us fans look bad, and should be dropped. Is the results of those actions decades ago a part of our history? Yes. But to continually blame BYU for actions of our players is beyond ridiculous at this point.
While I can understand it and respect your opinion I have to disagree, If you search for the root of the issue it was all about the church and racism and I think our school and coach could have handled it differently. I think it was handled wrong to begin with but the root of the issue is still the church not the players.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Wyo2dal wrote:Normally I would stay out of these type of topics they can be pretty toxic at times but I blame BYU 100% for the racism and don't blame the players for wanting to fight it.
+1 TRILLION. Our players aren't to blame. IT'S BYU 100%!!!!! If they didn't have the racism at BYU against having blacks high ranking parts of LDS back then, our players won't not have done anything!!!! Simple cause and effect!!!!!