Wyokie! Get ready to leap for joy! (Helmet thread)

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
BJC
A Real Cowboy

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
OrediggerPoke wrote:I hope we still keep the forward pass.
Haha. Touche sir.
:D
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

I was just informed that there will be an impromptu helmet celebration party tonight in Cheyenne. It is my understanding that a venue is still in the works but it has been narrowed down to Pointe Frontier and Aspen Winds.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

OrediggerPoke wrote:I was just informed that there will be an impromptu helmet celebration party tonight in Cheyenne. It is my understanding that a venue is still in the works but it has been narrowed down to Pointe Frontier and Aspen Winds.
Classic. :rofl:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Question though...will the "yellows / golds" match this time though? For those of you around in the late 80's you know WTF I am talking about.

They match my chip / dip bowl though - so I am good.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

billings wrote:It was the helmet of consistently winning teams
We were damn good then. 2 straight WAC Championships, 1 WAC co-Championship, 4 bowls, and one divisional championship. Plus we embarrassed the unnamed ones on national T.V. in 1988 wearing those helmets!!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Merged the two threads together.
ImageImageImageImage
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Almost as ugly as the 87 License Plates, there is a reason they moved away from that ugly plate.

Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Wyo2dal wrote:Almost as ugly as the 87 License Plates, there is a reason they moved away from that ugly plate.

I miss that license plate. Great year for football at UW btw.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie wrote:
We were damn good then. 2 straight WAC Championships, 1 WAC co-Championship, 4 bowls, and one divisional championship. Plus we embarrassed the unnamed ones on national T.V. in 1988 wearing those helmets!!!!!
We could have been wearing Pink and Purple polka-dots and been good when money wasn't the only thing that mattered in college sports, Let it go already.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Wyo2dal wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
We could have been wearing Pink and Purple polka-dots and been good when money wasn't the only thing that mattered in college sports, Let it go already.
:roll:
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Wyokie wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:Almost as ugly as the 87 License Plates, there is a reason they moved away from that ugly plate.

I miss that license plate. Great year for football at UW btw.

I think the license plate looks nice! Still don't like the stripe :coffee:
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

Next someone is going to say they wish all the NFL teams still have the old dated look. There is a reason they say Wyoming like no place on earth. Because it's the only state people are happy living in the past permanently.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Wyo2dal wrote:Next someone is going to say they wish all the NFL teams still have the old dated look. There is a reason they say Wyoming like no place on earth. Because it's the only state people are happy living in the past permanently.
I miss the 1980s Denver logo and Buccaneer Bruce in Tampa.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

This is surprising. All the impressive graphics sent out to recruits, including various helmet/jersey combos....but overall Wyoming is opting for an old school look? Again, not sure how I feel about this. https://twitter.com/mikevorel/status/491682616723009537
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

I liked those plates. Much better than the current ones.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote:This is surprising. All the impressive graphics sent out to recruits, including various helmet/jersey combos....but overall Wyoming is opting for an old school look? Again, not sure how I feel about this. https://twitter.com/mikevorel/status/491682616723009537
Well that sucks big time.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Brown helmet is dead. Fack. :willybs:
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Bohl wants simplicity with his team.. doesn't want distractions like a different uniform every week.
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

MrTitleist wrote:Bohl wants simplicity with his team.. doesn't want distractions like a different uniform every week.
I agree with Bohl. Now if the rest of FBS would get in line on that. :roll: THIS is why I hate Oregon!!!!!

KISS
Keep
It
Simple
STUPID!!!!!
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

And that's fine. Our school colors and brown and gold. Helmet is brown and gold. We're not complicating our lives too much by having one extra helmet that looks awesome. Damn you old farts.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.