Tevis Bartlett Update

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

DocHolliday wrote:
laxwyo wrote:Well said doc. No one will probably ever know his name if he goes elsewhere. Here, he can be remembered as the local boy taking the team to new heights
Where is the inspiration in going to Oregon?

Where is the story?

Where is the cause, the crusade I talk about?

Perhaps I'm selfish...I lived in Colorado for 10 years and most of them were with an eye on moving to Wyoming someday.

Mission accomplished.

I came here because I wanted to come here, and had the luxury and independence to live in any 'nicer state' in the country.

To me there IS NO NICER STATE...this is it.

Stay here and help to re-ignite the state flame...or head to Eugene?

I cannot believe this is even debatable.

Wyoming.

Today.

Tomorrow.

Forever.
Apparently all the 4 and 5 star recruits the Ducks have had en route to their BCS Bowls and Pac12 titles didn't get the message about your crusade.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:
laxwyo wrote:Well said doc. No one will probably ever know his name if he goes elsewhere. Here, he can be remembered as the local boy taking the team to new heights

Where is the story?

Perhaps I'm selfish...I lived in Colorado for 10 years and most of them were with an eye on moving to Wyoming someday.

Mission accomplished.

I came here because I wanted to come here, and had the luxury and independence to live in any 'nicer state' in the country.

Wyoming.

Today.

Tomorrow.

Forever.
Apparently all the 4 and 5 star recruits the Ducks have had en route to their BCS Bowls and Pac12 titles didn't get the message about your crusade.
Those recruits weren't from the Cowboy State.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

DocHolliday wrote:

Where is the story?

Mission accomplished.

Wyoming.

Today.

Tomorrow.

Forever.
Well for one, he's a 17 year old high school football player. Not a middle aged radio personality. He doesn't care about your inspiration or what story you can write about him. He may very well be looking at a team with wealth of success, even more draftees into the nfl, and yearly national title talk versus a team with a wealth of mediocrity, a handful of draftees in the past decade, and a 0% chance of a national title.

And who is to say he will only be a stud here? He absolutely could go to Oregon and be the best player in the country, and you know, actually have a chance at a national award. He could actually win a heisman there. He stands no chance of that here. In theory he could write a bigger story leaving than he ever could here.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:

Where is the story?

Mission accomplished.

Wyoming.

Today.

Tomorrow.

Forever.
Well for one, he's a 17 year old high school football player. Not a middle aged radio personality. He doesn't care about your inspiration or what story you can write about him. He may very well be looking at a team with wealth of success, even more draftees into the nfl, and yearly national title talk versus a team with a wealth of mediocrity, a handful of draftees in the past decade, and a 0% chance of a national title.

And who is to say he will only be a stud here? He absolutely could go to Oregon and be the best player in the country, and you know, actually have a chance at a national award. He could actually win a heisman there. He stands no chance of that here. In theory he could write a bigger story leaving than he ever could here.
Lets get one thing through the thick heads of some of you dopes who are living in the past and with a status quo mentality.

This is the dawning of a new day, simpletons.

This is the Craig Bohl era.

You're the best in Wyoming?

You STAY in Wyoming.

Build it.

Cherish it.

Look back at it some day and look at what you helped to achieve.

WYOMING FOOTBALL.

Nothing else.

You're the best and you leave here you're dead to me.

In this state where its more like the America I used to know than anyplace else in the country, if you're the best here you stay here.

You leave...I don't want to know you.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

DocHolliday wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:

Where is the story?

Mission accomplished.

Wyoming.

Today.

Tomorrow.

Forever.

Lets get one thing through the thick heads of some of you dopes who are living in the past and with a status quo mentality.

You STAY in Wyoming.

Build it.

Cherish it.

WYOMING FOOTBALL.

Nothing else.

In this state where its more like the America I used to know than anyplace else in the country, if you're the best here you stay here.

Right. The best players in any state get plucked by the best schools. This isn't a personal attack on you personally Doc its college football. It doesn't change the moral fiber of Tevis, it doesn't make him a coward, it doesn't indicate he has no conviction. It actually make sense.

But what do I know, I'm just a dope.
ProudWYOAlum
Ranch Hand

Honestly we all want him to commit to Wyoming and play for the home state. Oregon will wow him with their shiny helmets and facilities.

If he does come to Wyoming than it's a huge victory for the current staff, huge.

If he does end up at Oregon or Stanford it will be tough for him to crack playing time before his redshirt sophomore year if he doesn't transfer.

He can have a more instantaneous impact in front of his family at UW. Pretty simple.

The basketball staff seems to be pulling some recruits away from the power house schools... Hopefully football can follow the trend.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

DocHolliday wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:

Where is the story?

Mission accomplished.

Wyoming.

Today.

Tomorrow.

Forever.

You STAY in Wyoming.

Build it.

Cherish it.

WYOMING FOOTBALL.

Nothing else.

Right. The best players in any state get plucked by the best schools. This isn't a personal attack on you personally Doc its college football. It doesn't change the moral fiber of Tevis, it doesn't make him a coward, it doesn't indicate he has no conviction. It actually make sense.

But what do I know, I'm just a dope.
The culture must change...

The changing of the guard means that the process of the best players that are in WYOMING stay home to play in WYOMING...and Tevis Bartlett is a pretty good place to begin this tradition.

A brown and gold brick wall around this state - nobody escapes if they're good enough to be Cowboy Tough.

I've a feeling that Craig Bohl would agree with my philosophy big time...while referring to yours as pretty f-word weak.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

ProudWYOAlum wrote:Honestly we all want him to commit to Wyoming and play for the home state. Oregon will wow him with their shiny helmets and facilities.

If he does come to Wyoming than it's a huge victory for the current staff, huge.

If he does end up at Oregon or Stanford it will be tough for him to crack playing time before his redshirt sophomore year if he doesn't transfer.

He can have a more instantaneous impact in front of his family at UW. Pretty simple.

The basketball staff seems to be pulling some recruits away from the power house schools... Hopefully football can follow the trend.
There is absolutely no way to say that with 100% conviction. Brett Smith was not supposed to sniff playing time his first year and we all know how that went. There is no reason why Tevis can't make an immediate impact at a school other than Wyoming.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Ok Doc you obviously have no concept of anything other than your delusions. I agree Bohl would agree with you on keeping talent in state but he would also not bad mouth a kid for picking a different program. It's called be gracious and having class. You should look it up if you're not too busy being a dick.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Pretty f-word weak? Or realistic?
We want him to stay and play at UW. But the reality is that there are much bigger fish to fry. Plus, if the kid wouldn't even play at a big school til he was 20 or 21 why would we want him here? If he isn't good enough to be good there, then why do we want him here? We are changing this culture right? We are changing this way of thinking right? Well it starts right there.
Are you going to get your panties in a wad because we get burned for a big school? It happens all the time at that level. There are kids with offers from all of the SEC and PAC12. That means they end up burning a lot of schools, often times in-state schools. Those fans don't blow up and act like he was a god before he has even played a single down of his HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR YEAR. If you are a great program, you move on. If you are a program like that, why freak out over someone who won't play for 3 years?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

The only consistent in recruiting is inconsistency. We're talking about 17-year old's...nobody truly knows what is going on inside of their heads, or what their motivations are.

And just because a player is the best recruit in the state doesn't mean he'll stay home. Even Power-5 schools lose top recruits in their own state. For example, the top recruit in the state of Washington for the class of 2015 is a 4-Star, Top-10 rated QB who is headed to.........Washington? Nope. Washington State? Wrong again.....he is headed for Boise State. Go figure. Expect the unexpected in recruiting.

That's not say Tevis won't go to UW, only that even Alabama could lose the top kid in their state to someone else.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

ProudWYOAlum wrote:Honestly we all want him to commit to Wyoming and play for the home state. Oregon will wow him with their shiny helmets and facilities.

There is absolutely no way to say that with 100% conviction. Brett Smith was not supposed to sniff playing time his first year and we all know how that went. There is no reason why Tevis can't make an immediate impact at a school other than Wyoming.
Fine...but all of what you write is useless to me.

Should Tevis Bartlett choose to play college football at another school outside of the gorgeous town of Laramie, Wyoming, I would have no real interest in following his collegiate career.

None.

All the best to him...but I could not care less about his progress...or lack thereof.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

DocHolliday wrote:

Should Tevis Bartlett choose to play college football at another school outside of the gorgeous town of Laramie, Wyoming, I would have no real interest in following his collegiate career.

None.

All the best to him...but I could not care less about his progress...or lack thereof.
You should not be proud of that. A grown man pouting like a baby at the actions and choices of high school football player. Nice. You sound like a BYU fan.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

DocHolliday wrote:

None.

You should not be proud of that. A grown man pouting like a baby at the actions and choices of high school football player. Nice. You sound like a BYU fan.
WYOMING.

Or nothing.

I make no apologies.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

DocHolliday wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:

None.

WYOMING.

Or nothing.

I make no apologies.
Theres a difference between being a dedicated fan and being a whiny bitch. You're leaning towards the latter.

"Wah Wah Wah! We haven't been relevant in decades but you better stay here and play with us or you're a pussy and not good enough for us anyways you coward. All good players should stay and if they leave they really aren't that good after all." - DickHolliday
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

By the way, I've added a NEW Producer to my SHOW...a tried and true WYOMING boy by the name of, Cody Tucker.

Follow the sumbitch right here: https://twitter.com/sewyopoke" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ProudWYOAlum
Ranch Hand

J-Rod wrote:The only consistent in recruiting is inconsistency. We're talking about 17-year old's...nobody truly knows what is going on inside of their heads, or what their motivations are.

And just because a player is the best recruit in the state doesn't mean he'll stay home. Even Power-5 schools lose top recruits in their own state. For example, the top recruit in the state of Washington for the class of 2015 is a 4-Star, Top-10 rated QB who is headed to.........Washington? Nope. Washington State? Wrong again.....he is headed for Boise State. Go figure. Expect the unexpected in recruiting.

That's not say Tevis won't go to UW, only that even Alabama could lose the top kid in their state to someone else.
CU and CSU lose the top 4-5 kids in their home state every year.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

ProudWYOAlum wrote:
J-Rod wrote:The only consistent in recruiting is inconsistency. We're talking about 17-year old's...nobody truly knows what is going on inside of their heads, or what their motivations are.

I don't care about CU nor CSU.

I care about WYOMING.

And in this sparsely populated state, when we get a talent like Bartlett?

He stays.

Period.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

DocHolliday wrote:
ProudWYOAlum wrote:

I care about WYOMING.

He stays.

Period.
Or goes to Florida
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:
ProudWYOAlum wrote:

I care about WYOMING.

He stays.

Period.
Or goes to Florida
Or any other relevant school...