CSU gets 5-Star transfer

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index ... dee_h.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yeeeesh. That's a huge pick up if he gets cleared. Rams running game figures to be dominant again with this kid in the fold now.

http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruit ... Hart-93883" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Arrested for drugs and giving false information. Will fit in perfectly in Fart Colon.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

I feel like CSU was bound to land some Bama transfers with McElwain.
Fort Collins is nice, weed is legal, Colorado is a great state, so it's really not a surprise for CSU to get transfers. Hell look at their basketball team. Glad this is the only 5 star to land in Foco so far.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

He might be a real good running back - I don't know, but when someone is a 5 star at someplace like Alabama I tend to think this same kid on a MWC team would be a 3 star. I'm happy with our RBs on our team.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

WYCowboy wrote:He might be a real good running back - I don't know, but when someone is a 5 star at someplace like Alabama I tend to think this same kid on a MWC team would be a 3 star. I'm happy with our RBs on our team.
He was the #1 RB recruit in the country....he would have been a 5-Star prospect wherever he played.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator

J-Rod wrote:
WYCowboy wrote:He might be a real good running back - I don't know, but when someone is a 5 star at someplace like Alabama I tend to think this same kid on a MWC team would be a 3 star. I'm happy with our RBs on our team.
He was the #1 RB recruit in the country....he would have been a 5-Star prospect wherever he played.
Let's just say this kid decided for some unknown reason that he wanted to play for Wyoming out of HS. I'd be willing to bet he would have been downgraded from a 5.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

WYCowboy wrote: Let's just say this kid decided for some unknown reason that he wanted to play for Wyoming out of HS. I'd be willing to bet he would have been downgraded from a 5.
Boise State has landed THREE kids since January who are 4-Star recruits, two of them Top 10 at their positions....which basically means they're blue chip recruits....and all three kept their ratings.

Typically the only ones who get docked are the highly-rated guys who didn't have impressive offer lists. If the guy commits to Wyoming and still has offers from Auburn, LSU, etc....he'll keep the rating.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

This is what happens when you have a highly respected OC leave a big time program and become a head coach somewhere. McElwain recruited the kid for Bama of course he is going to look his old contacts up.

As for his 5 star status, If Wyoming got a 5 star he would still be a 5 star but the sports world would downplay his ability. In this case you can't downplay Dees ability to play the game. If CSU has a strong OL he is going to make a mess of teams.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator

Wyo2dal wrote:This is what happens when you have a highly respected OC leave a big time program and become a head coach somewhere. McElwain recruited the kid for Bama of course he is going to look his old contacts up.

As for his 5 star status, If Wyoming got a 5 star he would still be a 5 star but the sports world would downplay his ability. In this case you can't downplay Dees ability to play the game. If CSU has a strong OL he is going to make a mess of teams.
He should be a Heisman winner then.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

WYCowboy wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:This is what happens when you have a highly respected OC leave a big time program and become a head coach somewhere. McElwain recruited the kid for Bama of course he is going to look his old contacts up.

If he couldn't stay away from pot in a place where it's illegal despite knowing what he had to lose...
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

WYCowboy wrote:

There are negative sides of this for him, If he comes into the MWC and just dominates puts up crazy yards and sets record after record he will still be snubbed for the Heisman. Why you say? Because the first thing that will be said is " he did it against sub par competition " same thing we heard about Kellen Moore.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

The sheep are so desperate to bring this guy. Bad knees, legal problems and weed habit? Only at CSU lol...
ProudWYOAlum
Ranch Hand

I already thought CSU could be legit, even before this.

If DC was still here they may rush for 1,000 on us :popcorn:
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Okay, never mind. Apparently Hart has torn his ACL TWICE already. WYCowboy was right, he's down to 3-Stars now lol.
hithere
Ranch Hand

WYCowboy wrote:
I'm curious on your thoughts on this one?

CSU should have one of the worst olines in the conference with only one starter back and only he has the majority of the career starts of all current linemen. Frazier's a great coach but they're going to see a significant drop off from last year.They will need this transfer if they want to run the ball with any effectiveness.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator

hithere wrote:
WYCowboy wrote:
I'm curious on your thoughts on this one?

CSU should have one of the worst olines in the conference with only one starter back and only he has the majority of the career starts of all current linemen. Frazier's a great coach but they're going to see a significant drop off from last year.They will need this transfer if they want to run the ball with any effectiveness.
I was being sarcastic - it was a TIC statement.
hithere
Ranch Hand

WYCowboy wrote:
I was being sarcastic - it was a TIC statement.
Ah, ok.
LKGates
Ranch Hand

Well, I'm sure he's no KAPRI BIBBS!!!
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

LKGates wrote:Well, I'm sure he's no KAPRI BIBBS!!!
Who?
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
OneMoreBeer
Buckaroo

LKGates wrote:Well, I'm sure he's no KAPRI BIBBS!!!
Never heard of him.