2014 Predictions

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Wyokie wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:The only thing I hope you're wrong about is selling out at 28,000!!! Since our stadium holds 29,086...
I remember a time when the WAR had 33,500!
Uhh, so do I. I still wish we did. Then we could've had sellouts of 34-35,000 against Virginia, Texas, and Nebraska, but apparently we're one of the few that says, change is best by lowering attendance, prettying up the place and charging more...
At least CSU wanted a "nicer" new, and bigger stadium.
Same with New Mexico 38,600. I remember when that held only 30,000.
Or Boise at 30,500. Now holds 37,000. And progress, even at a medial UNM gives them increase attendance. But our success begs that we drop our capacities and just make it look " pretty".
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Aug. 30 - Montana - W - I hope
Sept. 6 - Air Force - W - this is Calhoun's last year IMO
Sept. 13 - @Oregon - L - this is where we will see if the D has truly improved in the offseason
Sept. 20 - Florida Atlantic - W - this could be close
Sept. 27 - @Michigan State - L - closer than Oregon but this will be a rough game, need to come out healthy
Oct. 4 - Bye
Oct. 11 - @Hawaii - W - as J-Rod said, Trap Game, but coming off a bye we'll see if Bohl can keep the guys focused
Oct. 18 - San Jose State - L - don't know why, just feel like this one might slip away from us
Oct. 25 - @Colorado State - L - the home stretch of the season could get ugly
Nov. 1 - @Fresno State - L
Nov. 7 - Utah State - L
Nov. 15 - Bye
Nov. 22 - Boise State - L
Nov. 29 - @New Mexico - W - end on a high note and get back to work for 2015

Finish: 5-7...actually not bad considering everything. We sneak out one against SJSU or CSU and we are .500
LKGates
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 2 times

Aug. 30 - Montana - W
Sept. 6 - Air Force - W
Sept. 13 - @Oregon - L
Sept. 20 - Florida Atlantic - W
Sept. 27 - @Michigan State - L
Oct. 4 - Bye
Oct. 11 - @Hawaii - W
Oct. 18 - San Jose State - W
Oct. 25 - @Colorado State - W
Nov. 7 - Utah State - L
Nov. 15 - Bye
Nov. 29 - @New Mexico - W

I have you guys going 7-5. That'll probably put you in the New Mexico Bowl. I'm saying you probably win that as well, so 8-5 with the bowl game. Not a bad start, but I'm hoping for better from you in 2015. I'd like to see Boise State pushed to third in the Mountain division, with Utah State and Wyoming duking it out for the championship on a regular basis.

By the way, October 25, we play UNLV in Logan. I'm pretty sure we could beat them with our 2nd string QB. Maybe we can loan you Chuckie.

Go Pokes! Go AGGIES!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

My prediction -

Aug. 30 - Montana - W
Sept. 6 - Air Force - W
Sept. 13 - @Oregon - L
Oct. 4 - Bye
Oct. 11 - @Hawaii - L (I could see a loss here since I see it as a trap game as well - now if UH hadn't scheduled @ Rice the week before, I would see a super easy UW win here but....)
Oct. 18 - San Jose State - L (but I could see a win here IF UW did beat Hawaii the week before)
Oct. 25 - @Colorado State - L (sorry guys but Fort Fart is better than we are and it is on the road)
Nov. 7 - Utah State - L
Nov. 15 - Bye
Nov. 29 - @New Mexico - W

Realistic: 4-8 (2-6 in MW play).
Optimistic: 6-6 (4-4) with the extra wins coming against both Hawaii and San Jose.
My "Oh, poop we're in trouble" game: a loss to Montana would completely tank our season.
My dream hope: 11-1 with the lone loss against either Oregon or Michigan State.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
The Virginian
Cowpoke

I feel good about Bohl taking over the program, but I don't think he has the players he needs to excel in his system yet. So, I'm taking a conservative track with the hopes I'm wrong:

Aug. 30 - Montana -- W, 14-7, Nail biter
Sept. 6 - Air Force -- W, 7-6, Wyoming scores first and holds the bird to two field goals.
Sept. 13 - @Oregon -- L, 34-14, What can I say?
Sept. 20 - Florida Atlantic -- L 21-14, Owls better than we thought.
Sept. 27 - @Michigan State, L, 45-14, even worse than Oregon.
Oct. 4 - Bye
Oct. 11 - @Hawaii, W, 21-17, Not the score fest of last year.
Oct. 18 - San Jose State, L, 21-7, Spartans have the Poke's number.
Oct. 25 - @Colorado State, L, 21-3, I hate it, but Rams better right now.
Nov. 1 - @Fresno State, L, 30-17, Bulldogs take a bite out of the Pokes.
Nov. 7 - Utah State, L, 35-14, The rifle goes back to Logan.
Nov. 15 - Bye
Nov. 22 - Boise State, L, 24-17, Pokes put up a good fight, but no cigar.
Nov. 29 - @New Mexico, W, 32-17, Cowboys finally getting it, under Bohl.

As much as it pains me to say it Wyoming is heading for a rough year as they transition to a new regime. I hope I'm very, very wrong.
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 50 times

Aug. 30 - Montana -- L, Montana's starters are every bit as good as UW's and they have months to prepare for UW
Sept. 6 - Air Force -- W, Air Force may be marginally improved but are still going to be a very bad football team
Sept. 13 - @Oregon -- L, we are outmatched in every facet of the game
Sept. 20 - Florida Atlantic -- W, FAU is more athletic than we are but I'll give us a slight edge given the Pokes are at home
Sept. 27 - @Michigan State -- L, MSU is a great example of what Bohl wants to build in Laramie
Oct. 4 - Bye
Oct. 11 - @Hawaii -- L, we aren't good enough to win on the island quite yet
Oct. 18 - San Jose State -- W, tough game to call but I'll take the glass-half-full outlook here
Oct. 25 - @Colorado State -- L, CSU is just plain better this year but Bohl will make sure the UW fans leave Fort Collins proud of the fight the team showed
Nov. 1 - @Fresno State -- L, we are still a level of two below Fresno State this year
Nov. 7 - Utah State -- W, national television on a short week after USU traveled to Hawaii the week before - recipe for the lone upset of the year
Nov. 15 - Bye
Nov. 22 - Boise State -- L, this game being in Laramie won't make much of a difference as BSU is still heads and tails above UW at this point in time
Nov. 29 - @New Mexico -- L, UNM has been improving and will take a big step forward this season

Looks like I'm calling 4-7 (3-5 MWC).
mwc fan
Cowpoke

TheRealUW wrote:Aug. 30 - Montana -- L, Montana's starters are every bit as good as UW's and they have months to prepare for UW
Sept. 6 - Air Force -- W, Air Force may be marginally improved but are still going to be a very bad football team
Sept. 13 - @Oregon -- L, we are outmatched in every facet of the game
Sept. 20 - Florida Atlantic -- W, FAU is more athletic than we are but I'll give us a slight edge given the Pokes are at home
Sept. 27 - @Michigan State -- L, MSU is a great example of what Bohl wants to build in Laramie
Oct. 4 - Bye
Oct. 11 - @Hawaii -- L, we aren't good enough to win on the island quite yet
Oct. 18 - San Jose State -- W, tough game to call but I'll take the glass-half-full outlook here
Oct. 25 - @Colorado State -- L, CSU is just plain better this year but Bohl will make sure the UW fans leave Fort Collins proud of the fight the team showed
Nov. 1 - @Fresno State -- L, we are still a level of two below Fresno State this year
Nov. 7 - Utah State -- W, national television on a short week after USU traveled to Hawaii the week before - recipe for the lone upset of the year
Nov. 15 - Bye
Nov. 22 - Boise State -- L, this game being in Laramie won't make much of a difference as BSU is still heads and tails above UW at this point in time
Nov. 29 - @New Mexico -- L, UNM has been improving and will take a big step forward this season

Looks like I'm calling 4-7 (3-5 MWC).

I just can't see a Bohl coached team beat a Utah St. team and turn around to lose to a New Mexico team. The New Mexico team does not have better players than Wyoming.
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 50 times

mwc fan wrote:I just can't see a Bohl coached team beat a Utah St. team and turn around to lose to a New Mexico team. The New Mexico team does not have better players than Wyoming.
There are several factors that I think make an upset of Utah State likely:
1. The game is on ESPN2. The Pokes rarely get a shot to play on a primetime network in front of a national audience. Bohl and the players will be acutely aware of the importance of this game.
2. Utah State has to travel to Hawaii the week before and then play us on short rest. Don't underestimate the effect that trip out to the island has on a team. They will essentially lose another day of prep for us because of it.
3. The game is in Laramie. I still believe home field is a major advantage in college football.

There are also several factors why I believe we lost @New Mexico:
1. I don't believe the Pokes will be playing for bowl eligibility. This game will be the close to what many will view as a disappointing season. Lack of incentive will hurt the Pokes in this one.
2. We are a bottom third football team. While New Mexico may be a pretty poor football team, I just don't think we are that much better.
3. The game is on the road. With the talent level we have right now, I just can't bring myself to expect a road win against anybody this year.

As always, just my opinion though. I could be, and likely am, way off in my thinking.
VisorHair
Ranch Hand

Aug. 30 - Montana W
Sept. 6 - Air Force W
Sept. 13 - @Oregon L
Sept. 20 - Florida Atlantic W
Sept. 27 - @Michigan State L
Oct. 4 - Bye
Oct. 11 - @Hawaii L
Oct. 18 - San Jose State W
Oct. 25 - @Colorado State L
Nov. 1 - @Fresno State L
Nov. 7 - Utah State L

Nov. 15 - Bye
Nov. 22 - Boise State W
Nov. 29 - @New Mexico W

6-6, boys.

A win in Hawaii would be big-time and a split between USU/BSU would be great at home as well. Can we get the Boot back in FoCo? A lot of "down" teams this year with QB attrition.. IE: Fresno & SJSU. No reason to lose at home to SJSU, can win in Fresno, but we all know how great we play in CA. :|

"In this geographical area; Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, and Western Kansas - there's a new Sheriff in town." - Coach Bohl
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Did I miss something? When did CSU become a good team.....They lost more talent than we did...One absolute beating and suddenly the mutton are the team to beat....God I don't want to live in a world where CSU is viewed as good...
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:Did I miss something? When did CSU become a good team.....They lost more talent than we did...One absolute beating and suddenly the mutton are the team to beat....God I don't want to live in a world where CSU is viewed as good...
Since they beat us, and won the NM Bowl.

Hell we talked about how great Wyoming was after the NM Bowl, it is only fair to give CSU the same credit.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:Did I miss something? When did CSU become a good team.....They lost more talent than we did...One absolute beating and suddenly the mutton are the team to beat....God I don't want to live in a world where CSU is viewed as good...
Since they beat us, and won the NM Bowl.

Hell we talked about how great Wyoming was after the NM Bowl, it is only fair to give CSU the same credit.
I just puked in my mouth a little...
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Interesting predictions...nobody is really 8 & 4 ing it...and expectations are not surprisingly low.

My dime...and I hope I am so damn wrong:

Aug. 30 - Montana L
Sept. 6 - Air Force W (there may not be a poop team on our schedule)
Sept. 13 - @Oregon L
Sept. 20 - Florida Atlantic W (FAU will be sucking wind and lose a close one in the 4th quarter)
Sept. 27 - @Michigan State L
Oct. 4 - Bye
Oct. 11 - @Hawaii L
Oct. 18 - San Jose State W (No Fales, no win this year, homecoming, etc.)
Oct. 25 - @Colorado State L
Nov. 1 - @Fresno State L
Nov. 7 - Utah State L
Nov. 15 - Bye
Nov. 22 - Boise State L
Nov. 29 - @New Mexico W

4 & 8 - and the only reason is NM blows their load on 11/29 and we hold nothing back and go balls out for the win. Otherwise 3 & 9.

OOC schedule takes its toll on the Pokes, who even with a bye week on 10/4, cannot recover and are gassed without the depth the rest of the year.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

This is the 15th coaching debut I can remember at Wyoming and the only thing I can predict is that the first year results are pretty difficult to predict :lol:

I sure hope Bohl and Co. make me look like the village idiot on this one (not that I need much help)...

Aug. 30 - Montana - L
Sept. 6 - Air Force - W
Sept. 13 - @Oregon - L
Oct. 4 - Bye
Oct. 11 - @Hawaii - L
Oct. 18 - San Jose State - W
Oct. 25 - @Colorado State - L
Nov. 7 - Utah State - L
Nov. 15 - Bye
Nov. 29 - @New Mexico - L
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

CSU is not better than we are. Especially last year. The team pretty cashed it in after the Texas St. loss. We will beat the sheep. Especially with Bohl on board. He has the pride of Wyoming in him.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

oh how I hope those last two predictions won't be accurate........ :(.....hoping
aranderson
Cowpoke

I know were being really conservative here so as not to get our hopes up and look like homers but really all the predictions about losing to Montana. Come on. We have great receivers and good running backs and a pretty decent defense when all is said and done. Also a quarterback who seems to be coming into his own in the new offense. No way we lose Bohls debut and against an FCS team. Cap'n Kirk wont let it happen again either.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

aranderson wrote:CSU is not better than we are. Especially last year. The team pretty cashed it in after the Texas St. loss. We will beat the sheep. Especially with Bohl on board. He has the pride of Wyoming in him.

Lol CSU was not better than we were last year? Kinda of like how we weren't better than them when we beat them 44-0?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

aranderson wrote:I know were being really conservative here so as not to get our hopes up and look like homers but really all the predictions about losing to Montana. Come on. We have great receivers and good running backs and a pretty decent defense when all is said and done. Also a quarterback who seems to be coming into his own in the new offense. No way we lose Bohls debut and against an FCS team. Cap'n Kirk wont let it happen again either.
Take a look at the Montana roster. Look at where some of those kids came from, and transferred from. Look at their size. This is a much more important game to them, than it is to us (as well).

While I certainly will be cheering hard for Wyoming, this has lose-lose written all over it.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
aranderson
Cowpoke

McPeachy wrote:
aranderson wrote:I know were being really conservative here so as not to get our hopes up and look like homers but really all the predictions about losing to Montana. Come on. We have great receivers and good running backs and a pretty decent defense when all is said and done. Also a quarterback who seems to be coming into his own in the new offense. No way we lose Bohls debut and against an FCS team. Cap'n Kirk wont let it happen again either.
Take a look at the Montana roster. Look at where some of those kids came from, and transferred from. Look at their size. This is a much more important game to them, than it is to us (as well).

While I certainly will be cheering hard for Wyoming, this has lose-lose written all over it.
This is apparently their 4th most important game plus I dont believe for a second there wont be an intimidation factor going to a bigger school. Further more our team wants to get up for this game just as bad as they do.