The Laramie Dome

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
BJC
A Real Cowboy

travel packages......a more inclosed stadium to block the wind. But yes biggest issue is travel with no real solution other than ensuring hotel options which I doubt is that feasible with no way to Cheyenne etc :twocents:
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Dome is unnecessary.

Montana doesn't have any problems getting 25k in December for a FCS playoff game.

Laramie is colder and windier than Missoula overall but November in Laramie is warmer on average than December in Missoula.

The biggest issues are the fact that Laramie is tiny and all the routes to Laramie from the population areas that UW fans commute from can be very hazardous in inclement weather. A dome won't fix any of that.

A more enclosed stadium with a South End Zone complex is the realistic long term goal I believe.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Bring on the http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... ophers.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This ain't your mama's Kibbey Dome
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

djm19 wrote:Bring on the http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... ophers.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This ain't your mama's Kibbey Dome
And then there's this...

ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

The money obviously isn't there, so this is all rampant speculation anyway, but I wouldn't mind a retractable roof dome. I read somewhere that the additional cost is somewhere between 70 and 100 mill. The question being, could we lure some larger events to help justify the cost? I doubt it.

If we had a sugar daddy, my vote would be for a retractable roof stadium with seating for 30K expandable (upper deck or something) to 45K.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote:The money obviously isn't there, so this is all rampant speculation anyway, but I wouldn't mind a retractable roof dome. I read somewhere that the additional cost is somewhere between 70 and 100 mill. The question being, could we lure some larger events to help justify the cost? I doubt it.

If we had a sugar daddy, my vote would be for a retractable roof stadium with seating for 30K expandable (upper deck or something) to 45K.
See, now we are talking. Retractable roof.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

See the problem is when anyone mentions dome everyone immediately think about Idaho and how awful that place is and no one wants that but there are really solid domes. A mini Cowboys Dome, Movable field and retractable roof sounds good lol.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

Wyo2dal wrote:See the problem is when anyone mentions dome everyone immediately think about Idaho and how awful that place is and no one wants that but there are really solid domes. A mini Cowboys Dome, Movable field and retractable roof sounds good lol.
Or people think I am serious :roll: People need to chill out
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Wyo2dal wrote:See the problem is when anyone mentions dome everyone immediately think about Idaho and how awful that place is and no one wants that but there are really solid domes. A mini Cowboys Dome, Movable field and retractable roof sounds good lol.
You mean a stadium that no one other than the Dallas Cowboys can really afford? Yeah, that makes since. Let's have the Dome of the Plains! A retractable roof stadium that allows 10-15,000 more seating if we like... We can't even pay out more for supports on the AA to get us a hanging scoreboard.
2dal, did you grow up in Wyoming? A snow day meant it was too cold? What part of the state were you from, cause in RS, a snow day meant more than a foot of snow and the busses couldn't make anywhere. But every park in town was filled to the brim with kids playing and sledding. A snow day when you were olde meant going Snowmobiling, or ice fishing at Flaming Gorge.
I'm sorry, it sounds like your mom made you an "indoor" kid, which is why you probably know so much more on computers and streaming than me.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Wyo2dal wrote: Yes distance is the #1 killer but weather is the #2 killer regardless if you agree it's fact.
I do agree that it is number 2 in terms of lack of attendance, but a distant 2. Hence why I said, if more people were closer to Laramie you would still get 18k+ during those bad weather games instead of only 8-12k.
But distance and road closures cost us 6-10k fans that "CAN'T" make it, not "don't" make it.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

kansasCowboy wrote:
You mean a stadium that no one other than the Dallas Cowboys can really afford? Yeah, that makes since. Let's have the Dome of the Plains! A retractable roof stadium that allows 10-15,000 more seating if we like... We can't even pay out more for supports on the AA to get us a hanging scoreboard.
2dal, did you grow up in Wyoming? A snow day meant it was too cold? What part of the state were you from, cause in RS, a snow day meant more than a foot of snow and the busses couldn't make anywhere. But every park in town was filled to the brim with kids playing and sledding. A snow day when you were olde meant going Snowmobiling, or ice fishing at Flaming Gorge.
I'm sorry, it sounds like your mom made you an "indoor" kid, which is why you probably know so much more on computers and streaming than me.
Good hell, relax. This is all hypothetical. Jeez. You mean to tell me if HYPOTHETICALLY we could have a Jerry Dome that you wouldn't take it? Come on, man.

Yeah, that makes *sense.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

We aren't being serious with this pie in the sky idea. The War still has piss troughs for crying out loud. We know that a dome ain't happening. Just because some on here think it would be cool doesn't make them a pansy or wrong. We have different opinions. Yours sucks as much as mine.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Throw in a party pools with pine trees instead of palm trees and we have it. It could mimic a mountain lake. Imagine a -20 degree blizzard and -50 wind chill, but, inside, students are rocking out in a pool party watching the game--like Jacksonville Jags. Just kidding; I wouldn't want the pools, but it would be funny.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
Throw in a party pools with pine trees instead of palm trees and we have it. It could mimic a mountain lake. Imagine a -20 degree blizzard and -50 wind chill, but, inside, students are rocking out in a pool party watching the game--like Jacksonville Jags. Just kidding; I wouldn't want the pools, but it would be funny.
Now we are getting somewhere. Thank you.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Hot tubs! get some coeds enjoying a beer in a hot tub(s)............yes......get a sponsor....have a few set up in the corners or something. Wouldn't really cost a thing! :shock:

snow...cold....steamy hot tubs
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

djm19 wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:
Good hell, relax. This is all hypothetical. Jeez. You mean to tell me if HYPOTHETICALLY we could have a Jerry Dome that you wouldn't take it? Come on, man.

Yeah, that makes *sense.

Nope. I'm not a fan of Dallas dome. Especially when their scoreboard blocks more punts than the entire team.
More of a fan of Mile High. Or Lambeau Field, or Old Soldier Field. Those are awesome stadiums, that serve or served their purpose. I have never been a fan of ANY dome for football.

2dal, sorry about the "indoor kid" comment. But nothing else I have stated hasnt been any worse than anyone else on here. And everything else has just been explaining myself.

And if weather is such an issue, then we just need to move our favorite university to somewhere like Orlando and build an amazing beach front stadium that has no bleachers but only suites. That way you can enjoy the beach front view and game in your own climate controlled box suite. We'll call it Sky scraper stadium, since that's about what it would look like. This way people that like games being played out in the elements can still have it, and everyone can enjoy it in the comforts of their own 10-20 person suite.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

kansasCowboy wrote: And if weather is such an issue, then we just need to move our favorite university to somewhere like Orlando and build an amazing beach front stadium that has no bleachers but only suites. That way you can enjoy the beach front view and game in your own climate controlled box suite. We'll call it Sky scraper stadium, since that's about what it would look like. This way people that like games being played out in the elements can still have it, and everyone can enjoy it in the comforts of their own 10-20 person suite.
Thats probably your best idea yet, one problem though. No beach front property in Orlando.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Some of you just shouldn't comment on threads when the only thing you plan on doing is being aggressive assholes.

indoor kid comment probably not the dumbest thing I have read on here but not very witty either. You wouldn't have been outside enjoy the weather on snowdays in Rock Springs or you wouldn't be here posting this.

When a thread is hypothetical take your logic and stick it up your ass. There isn't one person on this forum that would quit going to Wyoming games if they got a 100 million dollar dome.

BTW 1 punt to hit the Dallas Big screen isn't exactly a large amount.

The entire thing about hypothetical is we all know it's not really going to happen.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Wyo2dal wrote:Some of you just shouldn't comment on threads when the only thing you plan on doing is being aggressive assholes.

indoor kid comment probably not the dumbest thing I have read on here but not very witty either. You wouldn't have been outside enjoy the weather on snowdays in Rock Springs or you wouldn't be here posting this.

When a thread is hypothetical take your logic and stick it up your ass. There isn't one person on this forum that would quit going to Wyoming games if they got a 100 million dollar dome.

BTW 1 punt to hit the Dallas Big screen isn't exactly a large amount.

The entire thing about hypothetical is we all know it's not really going to happen.
First, this topic never got hypothetical until Ragtimejoe brought up the retractable dome.
Before that it was everyone, including myself stating pro or con and what happened in the past about a potential dome. Besides you were just as aggressive as me.

2. I wasn't trying to be witty. I just stated something, and thought better of it after the fact and offered my apologies. And I've read it over and over and still can't make heads nor tails of your comment about my snow days in Rock Springs.

3. Again this topic wasn't really hypothetical to begin with. I will stick my logic where ever I please, even if I so choose to shove it up your ass.

4. I was making a joke about the punt to hit the screen in Dallas.

We had a thread of people stating their own opinions on whether pro or against a dome. I stated mine and you began to start in on my comment. I just returned the favor. Argue, debate, opinion and hypothetical conversation, that's what a forum is for.
Pokes Forever
Ranch Hand

Weather and travel are all issues that play into attendance but the product on the field has more to do with attendance than either of those. How many fans were in the stadium after last year's CSU debacle? A dome would be nice but a competitive Cowboy team would do more to fill the stands!