TCU at Wyoming Prediction thread..

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoCow85
Buckaroo

Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 47 times

Wyoming 23,
TCU 17.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Defense wins Championships, but you need to score to!!! TCU has no offense

Wyoming 21
TCU 10
tttgowyo
Ranch Hand

I almost want to wait to watch them play the sheep. What the hell, I will throw a prediction out there. I say, we correct or T.O. bug and ONLY throw two picks. :) No fumbles on special teams, Thunder and Lightning run for a combined 160 yds. against a tough physical D. Hopefully we can get a not-so-freak snow storm.

WYO - 20
FROGS - 13

POKES 4-1

GO POKES!!
uhwarrior23
Ranch Hand

I learned my lesson last week. Don't bet against them Pokes.
TCU 27
Wyoming 30
Colt Brennan= Future Hall of Famer!!!!!!!!!
dapokes
Ranch Hand

I don't need to see how TCU fairs against CSU to make this pick.. all I need to know is that Tommy Blake has taken a 2 week ''medical leave of absence" and that changes my opinion of our game..

Pokes get revenge from the last time they played TCU at the war..
UW-31
TCU-9
tttgowyo
Ranch Hand

dapokes wrote:I don't need to see how TCU fairs against CSU to make this pick.. all I need to know is that Tommy Blake has taken a 2 week ''medical leave of absence" and that changes my opinion of our game..

Pokes get revenge from the last time they played TCU at the war..
UW-31
TCU-9

That is true, I just haven't had a chance to see the Frogs play yet this year. It will help us that Blake is out. Not that I ever like to see people not able to play, but it will hurt the Frogs. We will win if we don't turn the ball over. That is what cost us last time, and TCU will not allow us to give them the ball 7 times and still win like the Bobcats did.

If we have <2 turnovers, We WIN by 14.
If we have 3 turnovers or more, We LOSE by 14

GO POKES!!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 35 times

Looks like the UW athletic department is really going to hype this game against TCU, as it's the 300th game in War Memorial Stadium. Sellout at the War, anyone?
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

MrTitleist wrote:Looks like the UW athletic department is really going to hype this game against TCU, as it's the 300th game in War Memorial Stadium. Sellout at the War, anyone?
Hope so. A win against TCU will do wonders for the program.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 35 times

It's going to take more than a win against TCU to get Wyoming some top 25 votes. I suspect they will have to beat Air Force and BYU to start gettin' a little respect!
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

MrTitleist wrote:It's going to take more than a win against TCU to get Wyoming some top 25 votes. I suspect they will have to beat Air Force and BYU to start gettin' a little respect!
Yeah except the last time we even BEAT the Frogs was in 1998 when BOTH were still members of the Western Athletic Conference! Remember?
tttgowyo
Ranch Hand

Wyokie wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:It's going to take more than a win against TCU to get Wyoming some top 25 votes. I suspect they will have to beat Air Force and BYU to start gettin' a little respect!
Yeah except the last time we even BEAT the Frogs was in 1998 when BOTH were still members of the Western Athletic Conference! Remember?

I was trying to forget that fact. Back then, TCU was a terrible football program. They have really done a 180 in a short time, we could learn something from that. I am watching the Wahoos trample on Pitt it is 30-7 early in the first half.

GO POKES!!
WyoCow85
Buckaroo

If we can sell out UVA, we better sell out TCU. I know they aren't ACC, but they are a stronger opponent, and this game means SO MUCH more!!!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

A win Saturday could bring even better things in the future.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

In my observation, man-for-man, on both sides of the line, TCU outmatches Wyo. Secondary: TCU more athletic. Linebackers: Wyo. Backfield: Wyo. QB: Tossup. Special teams: TCU. Kicker: Wyo. Coaching (not counting special teams and Cockhill): Wyo.

It is also my observation that the bad drags down the good, so TCU has a definite edge. NOT counting errors, I see TCU getting at least 21 and the Pokes at most 17. A great game plan and luck would make a difference. But we don't know for sure. I guess that's why they play, and not let us decide.
clytanic
Buckaroo

This game is interesting...Sween looks like another Bramlet in the Ohio game, and almost gave the game away. The Poke "D" is outstanding (again), but can they continue to be leaned upon while the offense turns the ball over in their own territory. On the other hand, we finally get to come home and avoid getting hometowned by the refs in Boise. The refs in the Ohio game were Mtn. West officials and they blew a lot of calls. Either way, it all boils back down to the defenses of both teams, as TCU's offense is as sluggish as ours. "Thunder and Lightning" run all over TCU, and a late turnover wins the game in a defensive battle

Wyoming 14, TCU 10
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

clytanic wrote: "Thunder and Lightning" run all over TCU, and a late turnover wins the game in a defensive battle

Wyoming 14, TCU 10
I disagree because I think TCU will gear the defense to stop the run at the expense of the pass, with the TCU defensive coaches assuming that a relatively green Sween will have a good reception percentage - to TCU defenders. This is not a particularly bad assumption given the last game and the possibility of rainy weather.
Kansan Cowboy!
Ranch Hand

Here we go. Another week for Wyo. This match up will be very good. The O on both sides will struggle more than you think. This will be a Defensive game. Even with Blake out, I saw what TCU did against CSU. And CSU is no push over this year. Just look at their running game. Bell is tearing it up. Except against TCU. So our Running game will slow down this week. And if we nickel and dime our passes up the field I think we'll be okay.I see Our Def stopping TCU's running game starting near the second quater. And the passing game will be a little below avg. against WYO.
All in all. WYO stops the losing streak in front of 27,000 rowdy fans. 24-19.

Powder River!!!!
Kansan Cowboy!
Ranch Hand

Great win!!! Oh Yeah. Man! Sometimes, my predictions scare me. Only two points off. I better stop guessing the crowd, I was a good 4,000 of there.
tttgowyo
Ranch Hand

Kansan Cowboy! wrote:Great win!!! Oh Yeah. Man! Sometimes, my predictions scare me. Only two points off. I better stop guessing the crowd, I was a good 4,000 of there.

Dude, what are the Powerball numbers for next drawing??? :)

GO POKES!!