2014 Bowl Projections

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Looks like Wyoming has some Bohlievers! Of course we already knew this but now it's getting around.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls/projections" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Last edited by Wyo2dal on Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

It makes me realize how ugly the MWC bowl lineup is :(

Out of all that, I would prefer the New Mexico Bowl vs. UTSA. But any Bowl this year is a big success!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

New Orleans? Yes - count me in.

Albuquerque? Yes - count me in.

Las Vegas? Of course.

Boise - nope.

I also thought we had 5 tie-ins this year, no?
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

While New Orleans would be a nice change of pace, I don't know how many fans would actually make it there. And if people wanted to freeze their butts off, why would they go to Idaho when they could just stay home for it?

So, I agree, the New Mexico Bowl looks like the best bet if we get bowl eligible.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Not the NM Bowl again! Aren't we sick of that yet?

And nothing against the Beavers please...

Also, what is up with the New Years Bowl Games?

If we win the MWC and are ranked higher than the conference champs from the MAC-CUSA/Sun Belt/American and the non-Notre Dame independents we get to play a big game on New Years correct?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

BeaverPoke wrote:Not the NM Bowl again! Aren't we sick of that yet?

If we win the MWC and are ranked higher than the conference champs from the MAC-CUSA/Sun Belt/American and the non-Notre Dame independents we get to play a big game on New Years correct?
Yes against the beavers, and if you go to that game in half and half, you will forever be dubbed the BYU fan that visits wyonation.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

I know New Mexico and Boise are closer for fans, but man....New Orleans in December would be tough to beat when it comes to the experience.

Although UTSA-Wyoming would be an interesting matchup. Battle between two up-and-coming programs.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Man, hard to turn down some of those destinations, even Boise.
ImageImageImageImage
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

Jeez, I would take the Prairie Rose Salad Bowl if it meant UW goes to a bowl game. Are you kidding. Doesn't matter where it is, I would go.

This weekend is a must win to even consider a bowl game.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

tbh first year head coach after last years team I didn't expect anyone but B&G Glass wearing fans to talk about a Bowl Game let alone ESPN.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

fromolwyoming wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:Not the NM Bowl again! Aren't we sick of that yet?

Yes against the beavers, and if you go to that game in half and half, you will forever be dubbed the BYU fan that visits wyonation.
Oh snap! Them's fightin' words.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

Wonder why there's no mention of the Hawaii bowl. There's one bowl game I'd love the team to nab. Sitting around in Wheatland in December or going to Hawaii? That's a tough one.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

mwc fan wrote:Wonder why there's no mention of the Hawaii bowl. There's one bowl game I'd love the team to nab. Sitting around in Wheatland in December or going to Hawaii? That's a tough one.
It's still an available Bowl but no mention of Wyoming for it, I just posted Wyoming related projections and I'll keep posting them weekly we'll see where we end up at the end of the season.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

I'll go to New Orleans, that'd be fun, been awhile since I've been there!!!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Wyo2dal wrote:
mwc fan wrote:Wonder why there's no mention of the Hawaii bowl. There's one bowl game I'd love the team to nab. Sitting around in Wheatland in December or going to Hawaii? That's a tough one.
It's still an available Bowl but no mention of Wyoming for it, I just posted Wyoming related projections and I'll keep posting them weekly we'll see where we end up at the end of the season.
it's just so darned expensive being around the holidays to go to Hawaii, i think that's fixed...lol
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Wow. Talk about premature predictions. Face it. Saturday will determine just how good the Pokes really are.
Beat FAU and I see a 4-2 record by half-season. Winning will mean they can probably contain the long ball. Loose and 6-6 will be a miracle season, IMO.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

Adv8RU12 wrote:Wow. Talk about premature predictions. Face it. Saturday will determine just how good the Pokes really are.
Beat FAU and I see a 4-2 record by half-season. Winning will mean they can probably contain the long ball. Loose and 6-6 will be a miracle season, IMO.
Most people projected a 6-6 season accounting for loses to the normal top of the MWC+MSU/OU this weekend is a must win for that projection.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I think that the pokes have a real shot during conference play. No team is dominating in the MWC like in past seasons. I think the Cowboys playing their A game can be competitive with any team in the MWC. As long as they maintain some level of health.

A bowl game wouldn't surprise me if we can pull off a win this weekend. Three wins and games with Fresno State (who has looked awful) New Mexico (also awful) CSU (not a world beater) San Jose State at home (very winnable) Boise State (who is probably the best team, but not dominant) Hawaii (tough on the island) and Utah State. We would just have to manage three wins

I give us a fighters chance to win against Fresno State, New Mexico, and San Jose State. Those are all teams that are not playing good at all. Time will tell but our offense was actually doing verry well against a very good Oregon team on the road. We put up that effort against our MWC schedule we win more then we lose.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

I'm only worried about TO's and that is it, Boise is second in the nation behind Ole Miss on Int's so we can't discredit their secondary and Kirk has to be more mindful of pocket presence and throwing it away instead of trying to force something.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Kirk has improved with each game. I think he will continue to improve.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!