Need better QB play

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

joshvanklomp wrote:Last year through four games, the defense allowed 1,687 yards. This year, that number is down to 1,482 yards. Taking out the Nebraska and Oregon games, the defense has allowed 1,157 yards in 2013 and 926 yards in 2014. And this year's defense has performed a lot better in the red zone. In three of first four of 2013 (not Nebraska), teams scored on 15 of 17 trips to red zone, all touchdowns. In 3 of our 4 games (not Oregon), there have been ten times our opponent has been in the red zone. In those ten tries, they've come away with just 35 points (3 TDs, 5 FGs).

But keep thinking the production is exactly the same...
??

Are you having an argument with an imaginary person? No one (in this thread) has stated anything close to resembling this.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

BackHarlowRoad wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:Last year through four games, the defense allowed 1,687 yards. This year, that number is down to 1,482 yards. Taking out the Nebraska and Oregon games, the defense has allowed 1,157 yards in 2013 and 926 yards in 2014. And this year's defense has performed a lot better in the red zone. In three of first four of 2013 (not Nebraska), teams scored on 15 of 17 trips to red zone, all touchdowns. In 3 of our 4 games (not Oregon), there have been ten times our opponent has been in the red zone. In those ten tries, they've come away with just 35 points (3 TDs, 5 FGs).

??

Are you having an argument with an imaginary person? No one (in this thread) has stated anything close to resembling this.
Pokes Forever wrote:Several folks on here, including myself, expressed concern about the defense and were shouted down by others claiming claiming CFB was all about offense we would just simply wear out the scoreboard en route to a MWC championship. We all know what the results were when we entered conference play. Good defenses shut down DC's offense and had a field day with our defense.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

joshvanklomp wrote:
BackHarlowRoad wrote:

??

Pokes Forever wrote:Several folks on here, including myself, expressed concern about the defense and were shouted down by others claiming claiming CFB was all about offense we would just simply wear out the scoreboard en route to a MWC championship. We all know what the results were when we entered conference play. Good defenses shut down DC's offense and had a field day with our defense.
Yup. He was telling a story about the beginning of LAST SEASON when his concerns about our defense were ignored.

THIS YEAR he has concerns about our QB and is worried they will be ignored as well.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

I agree. The QB situation is rough. At times, you can envision CK being great. You see him run for a few yards. You see him complete some nice passes. Then he falls apart and gets sacked. Throws a terrible pass, runs for a loss. He is Dr Jekle and Mr Hyde.

The Offensive line is the same way. Sometimes they can get some pretty nice gaps opened up for our RB's to run through. Other times, not so much.

The defense is keeping us in these games this year. The offense seems to play up instead of leading. That is even inconsistent though. That 4 and out yesterday before the fumble - it sure would have been nice to see them move the ball down the field like they did post fumble.

It's going to be 2009 all over again. We will win close games. We will lose close games. We won't see many blowouts. We are inconsistent to say the least. At most, its good to see them go out there and play and hit hard.

I wonder what Brett is thinking these days? Is he watching these games?
Pokes Forever
Ranch Hand

This years D is nothing like last year's and will give us a chance throughout but to be a contender we need improvement at QB. I love the direction we are going but the thread is "Need better QB play" and I can't disagree with that. D is playing lights out compared to what we had with the Utah OC.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Wonder if Coffman will be able to take the offense to the next level next year? Give the two Freshmen QBs a bit more time to mature and learn the game?
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

The best Qb on our roster is the transfer from Indiana. HE will be the QB next year. Sucker throws darts and is smart. Two years ago he was the main man in Indiana and then lost his job to a new guy. Transferred to Wyoming needs to sit a year and then look out.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

WyoBrandX wrote: It's going to be 2009 all over again. We will win close games. We will lose close games. We won't see many blowouts. We are inconsistent to say the least. At most, its good to see them go out there and play and hit hard.
2009 team got blown out a fair amount. 4 of the 6 losses were lopsided. Blown out by Texas, Colorado, TCU, and one of worst losses in our history to BYU, in their last trip to Laramie no less.

I'd be happy with a repeat of 2009, minus the blowouts.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Slow Hand wrote:The best Qb on our roster is the transfer from Indiana. HE will be the QB next year. Sucker throws darts and is smart. Two years ago he was the main man in Indiana and then lost his job to a new guy. Transferred to Wyoming needs to sit a year and then look out.
I've hear that he is impressive, and would have way better productivity to any other QB we have. I'm curious about what he'd be like next year.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

I think he's going to be an absolute stud, especially with a year to watch, learn, get acclimated. He's a skinny guy still, but he has all the physical tools and better accuracy and pocket awareness than Colby. I think he'll be a launching point for us offensively, and then we can hand the reigns over to one of the younger guys.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
AfiPoke
Cowpoke

Slow Hand wrote:The best Qb on our roster is the transfer from Indiana. HE will be the QB next year. Sucker throws darts and is smart. Two years ago he was the main man in Indiana and then lost his job to a new guy. Transferred to Wyoming needs to sit a year and then look out.
I was wondering who was on deck?