I Believe!

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

FFS NO! Especially not with 5 minutes left in the game up 27.

The 30 of you sounded like douchebags. :thumbdown:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote:FFS NO! Especially not with 5 minutes left in the game up 27.

I liked the "creativity" and trying something new, but it was totally out of place....
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
McPeachy wrote:FFS NO! Especially not with 5 minutes left in the game up 27.

I liked the "creativity" and trying something new, but it was totally out of place....
Out of place, absolutely - the timing was embarrassing. As was the participation numbers.

And it isn't anything new. Somebody dug it up from 1982 HS hoops - or copied USU / SDSU (which makes me vomit).
Dear Karma,

TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

I HATE that cheer. However, I'm not going to complain if it becomes something that gets the students to start cheers, and become a great student section. OK I will still complain about that cheer even if they do it at the correct time(the beginning of the game) but its a start for the students.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

TSpoke wrote:I HATE that cheer. However, I'm not going to complain if it becomes something that gets the students to start cheers, and become a great student section. OK I will still complain about that cheer even if they do it at the correct time(the beginning of the game) but its a start for the students.
Back in the day, the Wyoming student section was very creative. Bring back the newspapers, etc. There is no need to copy from other fan bases.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

While I am bitching...

The new cheerleader made-free throw thing is f-word killing me.

Double You Why Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (downward awful sounding tone)

Please make it stop LOL!
Dear Karma,

wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

Also the cheer squad can stop chearing WYO until our first bucket. That's annoying, especially since they do it in the stands.
YankPoke
Cowpoke

There's a group of about 10 students who are absolute douchebags that start everything you guys hate. Most of us other students hate them. They also had a we want Kentucky sign which is also dumb. I hate stealing things from other fanbases it makes you look bad. They also tried to storm the court for beating cu until people stepped in and told them it was stupid.
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

YankPoke wrote:There's a group of about 10 students who are absolute douchebags that start everything you guys hate. Most of us other students hate them. They also had a we want Kentucky sign which is also dumb. I hate stealing things from other fanbases it makes you look bad. They also tried to storm the court for beating cu until people stepped in and told them it was stupid.
Lol Kentucky would slaughter us. I think we have a great team, but lets be realistic. We don't want to build a student fanbase from stolen traditions. I know the group you are talking about. I am annoyed with them every game and I sit across the arena from them.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

YankPoke wrote:There's a group of about 10 students who are absolute douchebags that start everything you guys hate. Most of us other students hate them. They also had a we want Kentucky sign which is also dumb. I hate stealing things from other fanbases it makes you look bad. They also tried to storm the court for beating cu until people stepped in and told them it was stupid.
It doesn't help that UW puts their dumb faces in every single pump up video to feed their egos.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

cali2wyo wrote:
It doesn't help that UW puts their dumb faces in every single pump up video to feed their egos.
yeah, I can't stand those dudes
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

That chant was used? f-word. I hate it when SDSU and USU use it. But this? This is embarrassing.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote:That chant was used? f-word. I hate it when SDSU and USU use it. But this? This is embarrassing.
I like it when USU does it.
Because their entire arena does it.

I hate it when SDSU does it because those f-word think they invented it. They also think they invented big fat head signs.

I got pissed hearing it yesterday during the game though. So stupid.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Cowduck
Cowpoke

I'm guessing the students in question associate the chant more with US Soccer, whose supporters have adopted it, than they do with SDSU or USU or whoever. It was heavily featured in World Cup promos and such. I like it for soccer games, I don't like it for UW hoops, especially when we're up 25 or whatever. That is f-word stupid.

At the same time, young student section dwellers who are posting here, if you don't like what these 30 or so "douchebags" are doing then get your goddamn poop together and organize some chants you find to be in better taste, and get some friends and friends of friends to come help.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Cowduck wrote: At the same time, young student section dwellers who are posting here, if you don't like what these 30 or so "douchebags" are doing then get your goddamn poop together and organize some chants you find to be in better taste, and get some friends and friends of friends to come help.
Pretty much this, If you aren't in the student section organizing the chants yourself you need to STFU about what the students are doing. You wonder why there is no involvement it doesn't take much effort for a student to read some forums and see that there is literally nothing they can do that will make some of you asshole fans happy.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

it just isn't like it used to be, but now where those students are i don't see much of a threat unless they step up their game for conference season, let's hope they get better as the season moves along, but to me it's the fans elsewhere that are a bit too quiet, come on it's a basketball game, we need you too
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Wyo2dal wrote:
Cowduck wrote: At the same time, young student section dwellers who are posting here, if you don't like what these 30 or so "douchebags" are doing then get your goddamn poop together and organize some chants you find to be in better taste, and get some friends and friends of friends to come help.
Pretty much this, If you aren't in the student section organizing the chants yourself you need to STFU about what the students are doing. You wonder why there is no involvement it doesn't take much effort for a student to read some forums and see that there is literally nothing they can do that will make some of you asshole fans happy.
I'll resemble that remark - no problem with that.

But I sure think the group of 20-30 "students" sure embarrassed the other 800 or so with the timing (most importantly) of that ridiculous f-word chant.

:roll:
Dear Karma,

snowpoke
Buckaroo

Yeah it was awkward. No reason for that when we are up so big. That said, I really like that chant-sorry guys. I have no idea where it originated but 99.9% of people associate it with US soccer now. Makes me think back to the summer when bars full of people watching packed stadiums bigger than anything in the US are all jumping and yelling at the top of their lungs. The AA could use that kind of excitement. So there's a time and place- If it's a tight game and the whole arena is into it, it would be pretty f-word rad.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

snowpoke wrote:Yeah it was awkward. No reason for that when we are up so big. That said, I really like that chant-sorry guys. I have no idea where it originated but 99.9% of people associate it with US soccer now. Makes me think back to the summer when bars full of people watching packed stadiums bigger than anything in the US are all jumping and yelling at the top of their lungs. The AA could use that kind of excitement. So there's a time and place- If it's a tight game and the whole arena is into it, it would be pretty f-word rad.
Just because you associate it with US Soccer doesn't mean fans of college basketball teams that do the chant regularly, and have for years now do. Not to mention two of the schools in our conference do it-Utah State and San Diego State.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:Not to mention two of the schools in our conference do it-Utah State and San Diego State.
Why does this matter?
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo