Wyoming Baseball

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
jbeiermann
Ranch Hand

I have done some research on old school UW baseball...Will UW ever get baseball back and a dome?
Would be sweet for something like that in the cold weather area. Would be a huge recruit advantage also!!

How many of you actually went to a game and saw any of these play as Pokes?
Pat House
Bob Fitzke
Art Howe
Jeff Huson
Greg Brock
Bob Linton
Rigo Beltran
Bill Ewing
Bob Jingling
Mike Mulvaney
Ron Warner
(not going to list all the MiLB guys but about 30, and first 7 are only 7 to play in MLB)
GO POKES!!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

UW having d1 baseball would make me the happiest dude in the world.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

BeaverPoke wrote:UW having d1 baseball would make me the happiest dude in the world.
Until they got curb stomped on a regular basis and our other sports suffered financially as a result.
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

Title IX. We'd need to have a women's sport with the same number of scholarships, or we'd have to cut mens scholarships elsewhere.
jbeiermann
Ranch Hand

Supoosedly uw sos was one if the best every year and they made the cws. I think d1 baseball in wyoming would thrive with a dome!
GO POKES!!
SnowyRange
Ranch Hand

I will lobby against the $60 million, or whatever, it would take to make you happy.

Instead, let's get out of the golf business, and into D-1 hockey.

See....your unrealistic fantasy is no good. My unrealistic fantasy is perfect.
jbeiermann
Ranch Hand

Hockey would be sweet also. There was no attendance for baseball because all games were way west and when at home weather was laramie sorting weather!
GO POKES!!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

WestWYOPoke wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:UW having d1 baseball would make me the happiest dude in the world.
Until they got curb stomped on a regular basis and our other sports suffered financially as a result.
Oh sorry, I didn't realize you saw the future that well, what's tomorrow's lottery numbers?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

SnowyRange wrote:
I will lobby against the $60 million, or whatever, it would take to make you happy.

Instead, let's get out of the golf business, and into D-1 hockey.

See....your unrealistic fantasy is no good. My unrealistic fantasy is perfect.
Uhh... okay.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

BeaverPoke wrote:
WestWYOPoke wrote:
Oh sorry, I didn't realize you saw the future that well, what's tomorrow's lottery numbers?
It's like someone predicting that Pumpkin futures are going to plummet after Halloween...is it a certainty? Technically no, but odds are it's gonna happen.

Could we be competitive occasionally? Sure, but I don't think we would ever be better than the occasional top half of the conference finish, and conference championships? Forget it.

Not predicting the future, just stating the painfully obvious...Wyoming is not, despite what people in the state think, a baseball state/school.

And this coming from someone that loves baseball.
jbeiermann
Ranch Hand

If you built it, they will come
GO POKES!!
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

Baseball is still my favorite sport - that said - I'd love to see Wyoming play hockey and become a member of The National Collegiate Hockey Conference. Hire George Gwozdecky to lead the effort and build a powerhouse program.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

DocHolliday wrote:Baseball is still my favorite sport - that said - I'd love to see Wyoming play hockey and become a member of The National Collegiate Hockey Conference. Hire George Gwozdecky to lead the effort and build a powerhouse program.
If I had Boone T. Pickens or Phil Knight money, Wyo would have baseball, and hockey, and be well funded for both.
YankPoke
Cowpoke

I wish they would bring baseball back, there is nothing in the spring and adding baseball would be awesome.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

It's a lot more feasible to build a domed baseball stadium than it is to build a domed golf course. Alpine ski team makes sense too.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.