Lobos Game, what's with the crickets chirping?

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

airrr balllll and ooooh on one certain player works!!!
YankPoke
Cowpoke

cali2wyo wrote:
YankPoke wrote:This is from a student who was at the game, and in the student section...
So are you to blame for the idiotic "this is our house" chant? I was embarrassed for a moment...
You can blame the male cheerleaders for that one. I was embarrassed they did it as well. That chant is okay with me in certain cases, but not when the game is tied you have to be up comfortably and against a big opponent.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Cowboy Junky wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:
cali2wyo wrote:
YankPoke wrote:This is from a student who was at the game, and in the student section...
So are you to blame for the idiotic "this is our house" chant? I was embarrassed for a moment...
What is wrong with that chant?
It's f-word stupid and it has no history. If you chant things that historically belong in the AA, the older fans will join your chants.

If you chant the mantra from some 19 year olds video game, you're going to be joined by the other thirty five nineteen year olds with that same video game, for about eight seconds until it peters out.

This student section is the worst in Wyoming history.
Name one chant just one that historically belongs in the AA.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

"f-word'em up, f-word'em up, go Wyo!" That work? Or the "F U BYU/CSU"?
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Wyo2dal wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:
cali2wyo wrote:
What is wrong with that chant?
It's f-word stupid and it has no history. If you chant things that historically belong in the AA, the older fans will join your chants.

If you chant the mantra from some 19 year olds video game, you're going to be joined by the other thirty five nineteen year olds with that same video game, for about eight seconds until it peters out.

This student section is the worst in Wyoming history.
Name one chant just one that historically belongs in the AA.
There are a bunch that have succeeded before. Pick from that enormous list.

W - Y - O
Rip em up, tear em up, give em hell Wyo!
Defense, defense

Just don't be surprised when someone attempts to start a new chant in the AA and it doesn't catch on.

It's not the chant that's the problem. It's the pathetic ability of the student section as fans. That's the problem.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.