We have a pretty solid chance at the two seed.

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

If we can get to the semifinals I think the WYO crowd will really provide an advantage against CSU or BSU, those teams don't show very well at the tournament. CSU still has tickets for sale?!?!? lol how pathetic

I don't care as much about our seed as long as we:

1. Avoid SDSU until the final and
2. Avoid UNLV in the first round. I know they are a mess, but playing them in Vegas is no fun, even if we are the better team this year.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

seattlecowboy wrote:
TSpoke wrote:It looks like we most likely will end up with the 2 seed if we play the way we can/should. Either as a co-champ with SDSU wit hthem having the tie breaker or in second place(either alone or with the tiebreaker over boise/CSU) if that happens I hope CSU ends up in 3rd and Boise in 4th. I would rather face CSU in the semis than boise then let Boise and SDSU fight each other on the other side.

I would rather be on the same side as Boise St. in the bracket and play them in the semi's more than CSU. Boise St. doesn't have anyone that can match up with Nance down low and we are just a bad match up for them. I know we have beaten CSU both times but that is because they shot horrible both games from the 3 point line and yeah we had something to do with that but I am not sure they shoot that bad again for the third game and also it is hard to beat a team as good as CSU 3 times in a year. So put me down for wanting to be on the same side as Boise.
Fair enough. Agree to disagree. I think we give CSU fits and we are the major reason they didn't shoot well. They can't adjust to our style of play and it puts them out of sync. They get flustered by our defense and their inability to run on us and end up taking bad shots. Boise scares me mainly because of Marks and after we beat them they have been playing as well as anyone in the confernce.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

the 4-8 seeds need to really step it up the rest of the way with other teams, and we just have to take care of our own business at hand
wyopig
Ranch Hand

MrTitleist wrote:Sheep should finish undefeated
I wouldn't count on that. Wyoming is the only MWC team to win at Fresno, and CSU is going to have a really tough time beating Utah State in Stu Morrill's last home game - against a team that fired him. The Rams will be walking into a buzzsaw in Logan.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

If the stars would align properly, I'd like to see:

1. Boise and CS-ewe both lose tonight (creating a little extra room for the Pokes)
2. Boise beat SDSU in SD (donkeys destroyed the Aztecs in the 1st matchup)
3. Pokes get Nance back and run the table to finish 25-6 and tie SDSU for regular season title
4. Pokes win at least a couple in the MWC tourney and finish at least 27-7

Can a selection committee truly leave out a 27-7 team who tied for the conference RS title and swept projected Dance participants Boise and Cs-ewe who have much higher ratings in the glorious RPI?

Yes, an SMU team that finished 23-9 in RS play and ranked in 2014, along with a 25-3 Utah State team who finished ranked in 2004 were snubbed, but I still think it would be a travesty. Even though the Pokes don't have a high ceiling like his Rams, even Eustachy will tell you Wyoming (with Nance) is one of the top 68 teams in the country.

Now, if we could just get those stars to align properly.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

The way this team has been playing as of late, if Nance doesn't return soon the Pokes could lose any one of those last 4 games. One game at a time.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

POKE FAN wrote:If the stars would align properly, I'd like to see:

1. Boise and CS-ewe both lose tonight (creating a little extra room for the Pokes)
3. Pokes get Nance back and run the table to finish 25-6 and tie SDSU for regular season title

Can a selection committee truly leave out a 27-7 team who tied for the conference RS title and swept projected Dance participants Boise and Cs-ewe who have much higher ratings in the glorious RPI?

Yes, an SMU team that finished 23-9 in RS play and ranked in 2014, along with a 25-3 Utah State team who finished ranked in 2004 were snubbed, but I still think it would be a travesty. Even though the Pokes don't have a high ceiling like his Rams, even Eustachy will tell you Wyoming (with Nance) is one of the top 68 teams in the country.

especially when we've been on the national radar all season, by the so called experts
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

J-Rod wrote:The way this team has been playing as of late, if Nance doesn't return soon the Pokes could lose any one of those last 4 games. One game at a time.
I'm pretty sure we are all counting on Nance Returning next game. Is it for sure? No. But that is the leading theory and I'm sure what most everyone is basing their projections on.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

A whole week between games, how am I ever gonna exist...lol, just gonna have to watch the other teams beat each other up tonight and Saturday...hurry up next Wed, we really need the students to chant Cezar Guererro's name the whole game and get in his head and make him crack.....
YankPoke
Cowpoke

Even under this scenario we would not make the NCAA tournament. Currently we are a bubble NIT team at best, with how bad our SOS and RPI are the only hopes the Pokes have is to win the conference tournament anything less and I would put our chances of a bid at less than 1%.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

YankPoke wrote:

Even under this scenario we would not make the NCAA tournament. Currently we are a bubble NIT team at best, with how bad our SOS and RPI are the only hopes the Pokes have is to win the conference tournament anything less and I would put our chances of a bid at less than 1%.
I prefer the wait and see approach. One thing is for sure, if a couple teams in our conference get picked over us because they played less easy creampuffs, the whole system if f-word.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

JimmyDimes wrote: One thing is for sure, if a couple teams in our conference get picked over us because they played less easy creampuffs, the whole system is f-word.
IF not involved. The system IS what you said. The problem is that teams should be judged by where they are NOW, not what they have done THEN. Can you imagine a conference champion being turned down because they played a weak non-conference schedule? NO. They are judged by where they are NOW. So do that with other teams, selection committee.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

JimmyDimes wrote:
YankPoke wrote:

I prefer the wait and see approach. One thing is for sure, if a couple teams in our conference get picked over us because they played less easy creampuffs, the whole system if f-word.
The system is not f-word. It's flawed certainly and not perfect, but it is what it is and has been the same for a long time now. This is no mystery to figure out. Before the season starts, everyone knows how the selection committee will proceed and what categories they are going to look at. You form your schedule with a knowledge of these things. If you want to impress the selection committee, it's pretty clear and evident how to do it.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Wyoming sits at 21 wins right now. With at least five games left (MW tourney + 4 regular season games), this team has a good shot to reach 25 wins. Again, NEVER has a MW team reached 25 or more wins and been excluded from the NCAA tourney. If that happens, it will be a first and the biggest wake-up call to Shyatt to quit playing Casper College in November ever. I hope that is not the case.

24 wins? I'm not confident on Selection Sunday. 25? I feel like there is a chance, but not guaranteeing anything. 26? We've got a pretty good chance, being left out would be a mild surprise. 27? This team should be dancing, and if they're not you will hear the anger coming out of Laramie from 100 miles away. The only time a 27-win team misses the dance is if they're in an extremely obscure conference nobody ever hears about.

Do the math...this team can earn their way. 21 wins right now, 5 chances at the very least. If they can't hit 25 or even 26 wins, they deserve to go elsewhere.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

We'll see what CSU does, but they're not a very good road team. In fact, there's a thread on their board right now talking about when the last time was they beat a top 5 MWC team on the road. It's been a very long time.

We just need to take care of our own business and let the chips fall where they may.

We can't afford to lose another home game and would really benefit from picking up at least one more road win.

One game at a time: bring on Fresno.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:Wyoming sits at 21 wins right now. With at least five games left (MW tourney + 4 regular season games), this team has a good shot to reach 25 wins. Again, NEVER has a MW team reached 25 or more wins and been excluded from the NCAA tourney. If that happens, it will be a first and the biggest wake-up call to Shyatt to quit playing Casper College in November ever. I hope that is not the case.

24 wins? I'm not confident on Selection Sunday. 25? I feel like there is a chance, but not guaranteeing anything. 26? We've got a pretty good chance, being left out would be a mild surprise. 27? This team should be dancing, and if they're not you will hear the anger coming out of Laramie from 100 miles away. The only time a 27-win team misses the dance is if they're in an extremely obscure conference nobody ever hears about.

Do the math...this team can earn their way. 21 wins right now, 5 chances at the very least. If they can't hit 25 or even 26 wins, they deserve to go elsewhere.
21 + 4 regular season games + 2 MWC Tourney games =27

A team with 27 wins, #2 seed in the MWC that is 3-0 (likely 4-0 by then) against CSU and Boise in the MWC Championship should NOT have to win the final f-word game to get in. f-word 27-7 should be a 10 seed, not an NIT team.
What if we win out? Where does our 28-6 with a 9 game win streak and a MWC-Tourney Championship get us?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Conference Tourney winners get auto bids to the NCAA Tourney.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote:Conference Tourney winners get auto bids to the NCAA Tourney.
:orly:

I was talking about our seed in the tourney.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

BeaverPoke wrote:
J-Rod wrote:Wyoming sits at 21 wins right now. With at least five games left (MW tourney + 4 regular season games), this team has a good shot to reach 25 wins. Again, NEVER has a MW team reached 25 or more wins and been excluded from the NCAA tourney. If that happens, it will be a first and the biggest wake-up call to Shyatt to quit playing Casper College in November ever. I hope that is not the case.

21 + 4 regular season games + 2 MWC Tourney games =27

A team with 27 wins, #2 seed in the MWC that is 3-0 (likely 4-0 by then) against CSU and Boise in the MWC Championship should NOT have to win the final f-word game to get in. f-word 27-7 should be a 10 seed, not an NIT team.
What if we win out? Where does our 28-6 with a 9 game win streak and a MWC-Tourney Championship get us?

If that were to happen we would probably get a 10 seed at best.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

Just a crapshoot but if we won out and won the tournament I'd guess we end up maybe a tad better than the 02 team, so id say a 9 or 10 seed.