Fresno @ WYO

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

J-Rod wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote: So going after a player when they are struggling and you expect them NOT to feel like they are being attacked? Especially after a tough home loss? Question, are you sober when you do this?
If "Hankerson should be benched"...which, BTW, had no twitter handles in the tweet, meaning the players are searching their names on Twitter, results in Nance telling a fan he's stripped him of his fanhood, I'd hate to think what those players would say about some of the things posted here on WyoNation. :eek:

I think Shyatt needs to take twitter away from the team during the season. Seems like they care more about tweets then they do the game.

If they want to tweet so much they can either do it at some other school or wait until the season is over to worry about twitter.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

fromolwyoming wrote:
djm19 wrote:Sad. Nance, Adams and players calling out fans on Twitter. I rest my case. Stay away from social media players. The fan's tweet said, "Hankerson needs benched." Is that attacking a player? I personally didnt think that was attacking Hank. Just voicing opinion. This is a spiral. Social media can be a blessing and a cursing for players and fans.

Be above the fray, players. Stay focused.
So going after a player when they are struggling and you expect them NOT to feel like they are being attacked? Especially after a tough home loss? Question, are you sober when you do this?
Here's an important life lesson for these kids - they need to grow a little thicker skins. If they can't take criticism from fans, then perhaps they should take djm19's advice - stay away from social media. Focus on the problems on the court and don't worry about what some yahoo posts on twitter. Christ, if they can't take a little heat at this level, what the hell are they going to do if they get to the next level? Can you imagine Nance or Adams going to New York to play in the NBA and pulling this kind of poop on twitter? The fans would run their collective asses out of town.

Oh, and I'm sober by the way.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

J-Rod wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote: So going after a player when they are struggling and you expect them NOT to feel like they are being attacked? Especially after a tough home loss? Question, are you sober when you do this?
If "Hankerson should be benched"...which, BTW, had no twitter handles in the tweet, meaning the players are searching their names on Twitter, results in Nance telling a fan he's stripped him of his fanhood, I'd hate to think what those players would say about some of the things posted here on WyoNation. :eek:
Exactly. I'm sure they are reading this. I guess I'm just getting old, used to seeing a little criticism and thinking "meh." Too many sensitive people any more. One ounce of criticism suddenly = not a fan?

Heaven forbid any player gets to the next level and have a 100k fans on their case.

We love ya Nance, Adams, and Hank. But tonight's loss was a kick to our nuts too. Hurts us too. Many of us were fans before you were born. We have faith in you. We cheer for you. We equally get frustrated at times with you. Doesn't mean we are wrong or right.

Make a tourney run and all will be ok :)
wyofan4life5
Ranch Hand

Not sure if this is relevant. But I believe hanks slump started ever since he did get on Twitter.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

CowboyNV wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:
djm19 wrote:Sad. Nance, Adams and players calling out fans on Twitter. I rest my case. Stay away from social media players. The fan's tweet said, "Hankerson needs benched." Is that attacking a player? I personally didnt think that was attacking Hank. Just voicing opinion. This is a spiral. Social media can be a blessing and a cursing for players and fans.

Be above the fray, players. Stay focused.
So going after a player when they are struggling and you expect them NOT to feel like they are being attacked? Especially after a tough home loss? Question, are you sober when you do this?
Here's an important life lesson for these kids - they need to grow a little thicker skins. If they can't take criticism from fans, then perhaps they should take djm19's advice - stay away from social media. Focus on the problems on the court and don't worry about what some yahoo posts on twitter. Christ, if they can't take a little heat at this level, what the hell are they going to do if they get to the next level? Can you imagine Nance or Adams going to New York to play in the NBA and pulling this kind of poop on twitter? The fans would run their collective asses out of town.

Oh, and I'm sober by the way.
Ha ha. Writing the same thing at the same time.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

djm19 wrote: Exactly. I'm sure they are reading this. I guess I'm just getting old, used to seeing a little criticism and thinking "meh." Too many sensitive people any more. One ounce of criticism suddenly = not a fan?

Heaven forbid any player gets to the next level and have a 100k fans on their case.

We love ya Nance, Adams, and Hank. But tonight's loss was a kick to our nuts too. Hurts us too. Many of us were fans before you were born. We have faith in you. We cheer for you. We equally get frustrated at times with you. Doesn't mean we are wrong or right.

Make a tourney run and all will be ok :)
Right? And geez...."Hankerson should be benched"....the horror. The way they're reacting, you'd think that kid cursed someone's mother to hell or something.

I bet the guys get a talking to tomorrow morning.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

wyofan4life5 wrote:Not sure if this is relevant. But I believe hanks slump started ever since he did get on Twitter.
Its poison
gopokes1399
Blog Team

Dude posted a 3 word tweet... and followed it up with some revealing stats... Hank is 19% in last 9 games from field and 12% from 3..

These players are so focused on a 3 word tweet, when there are 50 similar ones saying hank needs benched... You have bigger problems than social media right now... your season is on life support, might want to get your head on straight and focus on it because if you don't it'll be over sooner than later
djm19
WyoNation Addict

wyofan4life5 wrote:Not sure if this is relevant. But I believe hanks slump started ev. since he did get on Twitter.
The players can come to his defense (which is fine), but it is a fact that Cooke and Hank are posting some pretty drama crap on Twitter all hours of the day. Each to their own, but as a fan, it's frustrating AS HELL seeing irrelevant tweets right before huge games. Frustrating. As. Hell.

What players don't see is people (fans) risking their lives on crap roads, spending thousands a year to attend games, donating money to their athletic careers, and keep coming back for more.

There is more than physical preparation to a game.

The fan on twitter is an idiot for continuing to argue, but turn the other cheek players. Be above the social media dumpster fire. And if you must chase tail tonight, don't let us fans know about it because this loss tonight stung. A lot.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

Jrod, lighten Twitter up with some norm chow stats.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Hahaha I'm shocked that kid hasn't deleted that tweet yet. If he hadn't already responded I'd wonder if he would be waking up to a bad surprise lol.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

Wonder if I'm next in crosshairs. I did say the loss was ugly (true), and free throws and turnovers screwed us (also true).

Where is Lieberman? Dude been shootin' pretty pretty good lately. Spread the floor some.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

J-Rod wrote:Hahaha I'm shocked that kid hasn't deleted that tweet yet. If he hadn't already responded I'd wonder if he would be waking up to a bad surprise lol.
I commend him for leaving it up... Players are just embarrassing themselves not,

Trey Washington threatened him
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

djm19 wrote:
wyofan4life5 wrote:Not sure if this is relevant. But I believe hanks slump started ev. since he did get on Twitter.
The players can come to his defense (which is fine), but it is a fact that Cooke and Hank are posting some pretty drama crap on Twitter all hours of the day. Each to their own, but as a fan, it's frustrating AS HELL seeing irrelevant tweets right before huge games. Frustrating. As. Hell.

What players don't see is people (fans) risking their lives on crap roads, spending thousands a year to attend games, donating money to their athletic careers, and keep coming back for more.

There is more than physical preparation to a game.

The fan on twitter is an idiot for continuing to argue, but turn the other cheek players. Be above the social media dumpster fire. And if you must chase tail tonight, don't let us fans know about it because this loss tonight stung. A lot.
Yeah, I'm sure glad I braved I-80 tonight... not.

You make valid points and if I was a coach in this day and age I would seriously consider limiting my players on social media as much as possible. Just nothing good can come of it really. You either get too high after a win or too low after a loss. If I was a 21 year old I'd be defending my teammates from fans as well, but I probably shouldn't be there in the first place.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

djm19 wrote:Wonder if I'm next in crosshairs. I did say the loss was ugly (true), and free throws and turnovers screwed us (also true).

Where is Lieberman? Dude been shootin' pretty pretty good lately. Spread the floor some.
No doubt. I don't get why the bench players didn't see more time. Jason Mac would have contributed more tonight. Yeah I get it, hank plays great D blah blah. You know what we needed tonight? Points. Hanks guy was scoring even with the great D. We needed offense. Mac is shooting better right now than Hank. Lieberman has shown lately he may be exiting his funk. Give him some minutes. poop Aka Gorski is more consistent right now and he gets pulled for missing one shot. I don't get it. None of those guys could have hurt our chances worse...
Last edited by ItSucksToBeACSURam on Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

gopokes1399 wrote:
J-Rod wrote:Hahaha I'm shocked that kid hasn't deleted that tweet yet. If he hadn't already responded I'd wonder if he would be waking up to a bad surprise lol.
I commend him for leaving it up... Players are just embarrassing themselves not,

I have screenshots ha ha. Players threatening fans via social media. My hell we look like clowns. Across the board.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

djm19 wrote:
gopokes1399 wrote:

I have screenshots ha ha. Players threatening fans via social media. My hell we look like clowns. Across the board.
Boise fans are having fun with it... like I said, they're just embarrassing themselves
djm19
WyoNation Addict

https://twitter.com/Trey5Works/status/5 ... 76704?s=01" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Check out Derrick Marks twitter. Last time he posted was October 13th it looks like.

Maybe that's why he is going to get player of the year and Boise is winning. He doesn't care about social media this time of year. Guess he must be focused on basketball.

Not Wyoming's players though. They like to fight fans on twitter. Smh....

Shyatt needs to shut it down.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
djm19
WyoNation Addict

gopokes1399 wrote:
djm19 wrote:
gopokes1399 wrote:

Boise fans are having fun with it... like I said, they're just embarrassing themselves
Can you blame them? I would too.