Weathah

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

You know it never really did get to 68 degrees like I was told today. I think it was really only mid 50s.
It's about to be about 24 though. So from upper 80s to mid 20s in a day and a half or so.
I'm so cold right now.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

So hot for me today. I got so hot and sweaty training outdoors. I got a little too much sun and feel so tired.
I'm so hot.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 117 times

It was awesome out here yesterday. 65 degrees in March felt fantastic! Now it's 35 and raining/snowing :-/
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

WYO1016 wrote:It was awesome out here yesterday. 65 degrees in March felt fantastic! Now it's 35 and raining/snowing :-/

Oh some of that cold is coming down here. Dallas was 86 today and will have a low tomorrow of 44 so colder where I am. They said 50 mph winds after midnight. So I will be cold again.
But today was hot again for me training but when I ran it was only like 79 and 80 and didn't feel as hot as yesterday to me probably because the wind was 22 to 33 where I was.
And again I trained hard enough with speed work to get very tired. However I recovered from it better today than yesterday.
The weather over the last few months have been so up and down. We've had a lot of freezes this year.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Can someone go into more detail on the weather Saturdays in fall? I know you've got wind, but how windy is it? How much does it affect the quarterbacks?
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

joshvanklomp wrote:Can someone go into more detail on the weather Saturdays in fall? I know you've got wind, but how windy is it? How much does it affect the quarterbacks?

A little levity.... Chris Jones, a meteorologist for the National Weather Service in Riverton, has done some research on this and Laramie and Cheyenne tied for the second windiest town in the state with an average wind speed of 12.4 mph. Gusts can be a hell of a lot higher. I've seen some pretty stiff winds in the stadium and I've also been at games where the wind didn't blow much at all.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
Snowflake
Cowpoke

I know it's no big to yall, but Oklahoma City set a daily snowfall record today, or so I heard. Everyone has lost their bloody minds. I love it.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 47 times

Snowflake wrote:I know it's no big to yall, but Oklahoma City set a daily snowfall record today, or so I heard. Everyone has lost their bloody minds. I love it.
FINALLY got the snow 5-6 hours AFTER the idiot weatherpeople predicted it.

Grade school kids and college kids at OU coulda gone to school but nnnnnnnoooooo we can't have that. :roll: The roads were fine until around 3 or 4.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Snowflake
Cowpoke

Wyokie wrote:
Snowflake wrote:I know it's no big to yall, but Oklahoma City set a daily snowfall record today, or so I heard. Everyone has lost their bloody minds. I love it.

Grade school kids and college kids at OU coulda gone to school but nnnnnnnoooooo we can't have that. :roll: The roads were fine until around 3 or 4.
I was supposed to be teaching a continuing ed class at OU this week and they canceled Wed & Thurs by Tuesday at 2pm. I was so frustrated. Complete waste of the first day - and now they all have to reschedule. I did however get a full day in my office tho, only interrupted by the weather alarmists trying to look out my window. Smh.

That all said... I'm in my house til it thaws now :)
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Wyokie wrote:

Gotta love the preemptive snow days down there. Especially since here we don't get snow days or "cold days" no matter what. Last year when it was 40 below the school even offered to shuttle you to class, if your car wouldn't start or whatever.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Wyokie wrote:Grade school kids and college kids at OU coulda gone to school but nnnnnnnoooooo we can't have that. :roll: The roads were fine until around 3 or 4.
We were in a blizzard warning yesterday. Schools were called off, playoff basketball games were postponed...by about 1 p.m. the sun was shining and it was fine the rest of the day. I think we maybe got a couple inches of snow. And this is freakin' Minnesota, not somewhere like Georgia either. It was kinda ridiculous.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo