Going forward with Coach Shyatt

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
WyoExpat
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

This is for anyone out there who still wants to complain about Coach Shyatt's recruiting philosophy, Did anyone else notice that each of our last two tournament trips relied on Coach Shyatt's recruiting classes as the senior class to lead them?

Also, I am personally worried by how Coach has noted more than once that fans at other schools show up to watch the home team while Wyoming fans pick which opponents they want to watch. How will this perspective influencen when Coach decides he is ready to retire?
gbpoke
Cowpoke

WyoExpat wrote:This is for anyone out there who still wants to complain about Coach Shyatt's recruiting philosophy, Did anyone else notice that each of our last two tournament trips relied on Coach Shyatt's recruiting classes as the senior class to lead them?

Also, I am personally worried by how Coach has noted more than once that fans at other schools show up to watch the home team while Wyoming fans pick which opponents they want to watch. How will this perspective influencen when Coach decides he is ready to retire?
I guess to be fair Wyoming is a unique situation with a very small population base and not everybody can go to every game so they have to be selective in which games they attend. But I also think that the more Wyoming wins the more people will show up to watch the home team rather than watching the opponent vs. the home team. I don't think it will factor at all into when Shyatt decides to hang it up, this will be his last job and he'll leave on his terms.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Our attendance used to be the top end of MWC and pretty respectable Nationally. If we can build on this season, attendance will return. A little help on gameday environment would also be beneficial.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.