Bowl projections

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

Sporting news: http://www.sportingnews.com/college-foo ... ons-nov-29

--Armed Forces Bowl: Wyoming vs. East Carolina

ESPN: http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls/projections

--New Mexico Bowl: Wyoming vs. Fresno State

CBS Sports: http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootbal ... redictions

--New Mexico Bowl: Wyoming vs. Nevada
gopokes1399
Blog Team

Interesting the East Carolina one i havent seen that anywhere
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Both of my Parents went to East Carolina... That would sure make for some fun family rivalry :)
I'm good for 3!
WyoCow85
Buckaroo

I think my first choice among those would be NM Bowl against Fresno St.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

i would love to play fresno idaho or nevada
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

If they wanted to fill the stadium, a Wyoming - Idaho matchup at the Humanitarian Bowl would make the most sense.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

there would be a lot of fans at that game it would be electric
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Adv8RU12 wrote:If they wanted to fill the stadium, a Wyoming - Idaho matchup at the Humanitarian Bowl would make the most sense.
It has been said over at the MWC forums that playing a Bowl game in Idaho is not exactly ideal. Mainly A. The weather is not that different then Laramie and Ft. Collins (would you really want to go to a bowl game in 20 degree weather? I used to work the UW games as an Usher, the last home game is always cold as hell). B. The blue turf hasn't been exactly viewer friendly. C. It is not going to happen this year.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

I hate the idea of playing a bowl game in Idaho in the middle of winter.

I think ours fans will travel to New Mexico by far the best of the 3 possibilities. I know I'm out of the picture if for some odd reason it went to Boise.
Dread_Pirate_Cowboy
Ranch Hand

AAARrrrgghhh! I be in for a game varses the East Carolina Pirates!

In 1996, Wyoming and East Carolina were both ranked in the top 25 and neither team recieved a bowl invitation. I've been waiting for this matchup ever since. That was the birth of my call sign as I chatted with the Pirate fans quite a bit back then.
"Good?...Bad?.....I'm the guy with the Gun!" -- Ash Williams
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Dread_Pirate_Cowboy wrote:AAARrrrgghhh! I be in for a game varses the East Carolina Pirates!

In 1996, Wyoming and East Carolina were both ranked in the top 25 and neither team recieved a bowl invitation. I've been waiting for this matchup ever since. That was the birth of my call sign as I chatted with the Pirate fans quite a bit back then.
I remember that year. My father was very upset about it to. ECU beat #5 Miami and had 9 wins but being Independent gave them no bowl tie-ins. The next year they joined C-USA and did terrible though..
I'm good for 3!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 36 times

Dread_Pirate_Cowboy wrote:AAARrrrgghhh! I be in for a game varses the East Carolina Pirates!

I bet you're a riot on Talk like a Pirate Day.
ImageImageImageImage
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

MrTitleist wrote:

Believe it or not, Talk like a Pirate Day is his Birthday.
Stuck
Ranch Hand

I'm with calpoke25, if we are selected for the New Mexico Bowl I'm in! There is no way I could make it to either of the other bowls though.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 36 times

COS Cowboy wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:

Believe it or not, Talk like a Pirate Day is his Birthday.
hahahahaa...
ImageImageImageImage
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

whichever one it is, I just hope I can go to it. Due to workload and timing, NM gives me the best chance, but we will see.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 323 times
Been liked: 127 times

WyoCow85 wrote:I think my first choice among those would be NM Bowl against Fresno St.
Agreed 100%. And I think if you want a nice sized (15 - 20K) UW crowd, NM is the only chance.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
gopokes1399
Blog Team

willl our game be on espn no matter what?
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

it will be on espn or one of the networks, the tv schedule is out there, will find later and post if needed.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 119 times

Every bowl except the BCS games are on ESPN if I remember right.