2015 Predictions: Win Total

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!

How many regular season games will Wyoming win in 2015?

0-2
3%
3-5
29%
6-8
69%
9-12
No votes

Total votes: 35
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

2015 Schedule

Sep. 5 - North Dakota
Sep. 12 - Eastern Michigan
Sep. 19 - @Washington State
Sep. 26 - New Mexico
Oct. 3 - @Appalachian State
Oct. 10 - @Air Force
Oct. 17 - Nevada
Oct. 24 - @Boise State
Oct. 30 - @Utah State
Nov. 7 - Colorado State
Nov. 14 - @San Diego State
Nov. 28 - UNLV

Nothing complicated, just predict the win total. Feel free to be more specific in a post. I wanted to list the options 0-12, but the max for poll options is 10 so I categorized them.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

I'm going with 5 wins vs. North Dakota, Eastern Michigan, Nevada, Colorado State, and UNLV.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

2015 Schedule
Sep. 5 - North Dakota W
Sep. 12 - Eastern Michigan W
Sep. 19 - @Washington State L
Sep. 26 - New Mexico W
Oct. 3 - @Appalachian State L
Oct. 10 - @Air Force W
Oct. 17 - Nevada L
Oct. 24 - @Boise State L
Oct. 30 - @Utah State L
Nov. 7 - Colorado State L
Nov. 14 - @San Diego State L
Nov. 28 - UNLV W

We need to get five wins by the Nevada game if we want to go bowling. I think we fall just short this year.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

I'm going with 6 wins AND bowl eligibility. The wins: North Dakota, Eastern Michigan, Nevada, Colorado State, UNM, & UNLV.

If we pull off a win @ Appalachian State...start making bowl plans early boys.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

6-6

YES: (3-0)
North Dakota
Eastern Michigan
UNLV

NO: (0-3)
Washington State
Boise State
Utah State

MAYBE: (3-3)
New Mexico
Appalachian State
Air Force
Nevada
Colorado State
San Diego State

So I guess by those I could see Wyo going 3-9 to 9-3 depending on the 6 "maybe" games. But I think they land right in the middle and win that final game of the season against Bishop Gorman and go bowling.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

With a very rough schedule last year, we were about a combined 3 scores in 3 games from being 7-5. With a much easier schedule, 6-6 (or better) is not out of the realm of possibility. It mainly depends on how the defense does with replacing most of the starters from last year, aside from about 3 or so. The offense should be a step up, with an experienced QB, a hell of a 1-2 combo at RB, a deep WR and TE section, and an o-line that has had a year to learn the system.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:I'm going with 5 wins vs. North Dakota, Eastern Michigan, Nevada, Colorado State, and UNLV.
Oh, meant to say...New Mexico will be Bohl's Hawaii/SJSU-like loss that we'll be like, "dammit, how did we lose to them?"...but Colorado State will be his Fresno-like surprise victory that most don't see coming. The Rams will have the hype behind them, but I expect Bohl to end this Boot drought in a classic between the two schools.

I agree with Wyokie in that the App State game might direct the season. If the Pokes win, 6-6, 7-5 are possible if things go as planned. If they lose that game, good chance the magazine experts will be right with their 3-9/4-8 forecasts.

I also agree with BP. The floor is 3-9, the ceiling 9-3 for 2015. The heavy odds are on somewhere in the middle.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

fromolwyoming wrote:With a very rough schedule last year, we were about a combined 3 scores in 3 games from being 7-5.With a much easier schedule, 6-6 (or better) is not out of the realm of possibility. It mainly depends on how the defense does with replacing most of the starters from last year, aside from about 3 or so. The offense should be a step up, with an experienced QB, a hell of a 1-2 combo at RB, a deep WR and TE section, and an o-line that has had a year to learn the system.
This argument has to go both ways. Without the fau fumble and the air force drive, we would have been 2-10. Our wins were much closer (except fresno) than our losses last year.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

cali2wyo wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:With a very rough schedule last year, we were about a combined 3 scores in 3 games from being 7-5.With a much easier schedule, 6-6 (or better) is not out of the realm of possibility. It mainly depends on how the defense does with replacing most of the starters from last year, aside from about 3 or so. The offense should be a step up, with an experienced QB, a hell of a 1-2 combo at RB, a deep WR and TE section, and an o-line that has had a year to learn the system.
This argument has to go both ways. Without the fau fumble and the air force drive, we would have been 2-10. Our wins were much closer (except fresno) than our losses last year.
You always have to be "that guy", don't you?
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote:
cali2wyo wrote: This argument has to go both ways. Without the fau fumble and the air force drive, we would have been 2-10. Our wins were much closer (except fresno) than our losses last year.
No he doesn't, that's my job!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

J-Rod wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:
cali2wyo wrote: This argument has to go both ways. Without the fau fumble and the air force drive, we would have been 2-10. Our wins were much closer (except fresno) than our losses last year.
:rofl: :rofl:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Wyokie wrote:
J-Rod wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:
:rofl: :rofl:
BAHAHA I'm not necessarily "that guy", I think we'll get 6 wins this year!
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Been liked: 10 times

I'm saying 7-5 with the wins coming like this:

Nearly certain wins:
North Dakota
Eastern Michigan

Highly probable wins:
UNLV
New Mexico
cs-ewe

Game we win but probably shouldn't:
Nevada
Appalachian State

We've got a welcome relief of a schedule this year with 6 very winnable home games. The stretch from the Appalachian State (10/3) game through the SDSU (11/14) game is brutal though with only 2 home games in 6 weeks and the back to back trip to Boise and Utah State. Having the bye directly before the last game of the year really worries me. That being said I'm slowly getting more and more excited with each passing day. GO POKES!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

USU should be interesting. Keeton, he was really good, but ever since his injury a couple years ago, he has never been the same. Lost his spark, basically. That could have changed this off season, but I'm not sure. And his backup, who was actually pretty good, has transferred. And the one player that won that game for them was kicked off the team this off season. Should make the USU game interesting.

Also of note, Hill was the first RB last season to hit 100 yards against them (if I remember right).
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote:USU should be interesting. Keeton, he was really good, but ever since his injury a couple years ago, he has never been the same. Lost his spark, basically. That could have changed this off season, but I'm not sure. And his backup, who was actually pretty good, has transferred. And the one player that won that game for them was kicked off the team this off season. Should make the USU game interesting.

Also of note, Hill was the first RB last season to hit 100 yards against them (if I remember right).
I hate to be 'that guy", but could it be that Keeton was only temporarily great because he played in an extremely watered down WAC?

USU is a team receiving a lot of respect. Most expect 8-10 wins from them this year, but with Natson kicked off the team and half their DL recovering from a car accident, they seem poised to miss that 8-10 wins mark. Especially if Travis Seefeldt, their starting NT, is done for the year like rumored. That's a lot of rebuilding on defense, and then take a look at this schedule...

JMO...I don't know where the 8-10 wins come from. I see a struggle for bowl eligibility.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

fromolwyoming wrote:USU should be interesting. Keeton, he was really good, but ever since his injury a couple years ago, he has never been the same. Lost his spark, basically. That could have changed this off season, but I'm not sure. And his backup, who was actually pretty good, has transferred. And the one player that won that game for them was kicked off the team this off season. Should make the USU game interesting.

Wyoming also outgained USU last year. They beat us because we had an adequate, but not great QB and we didn't have an answer for Jo Jo Natson (long run back and long reception for TD's).

I'm thinking we can get 7 or 8 wins. Need to see how the LB position develops, but I have hope and believe in what Bohl can do.

Go Pokes!!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

BeaverPoke wrote:6-6

North Dakota
Eastern Michigan
UNLV

Washington State
Boise State
Utah State

New Mexico
Appalachian State
Air Force
Nevada
Colorado State
San Diego State

So I guess by those I could see Wyo going 3-9 to 9-3 depending on the 6 "maybe" games. But I think they land right in the middle and win that final game of the season against Bishop Gorman and go bowling.
I largely agree with this. I think Appy State is between Yes and Maybe. However, I would change your headings to best chance, no chance, moderate chance. I don't think we have a "yes" on the schedule.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

BeaverPoke wrote:6-6

North Dakota
Eastern Michigan
UNLV

Washington State
Boise State
Utah State

New Mexico
Appalachian State
Air Force
Nevada
Colorado State
San Diego State

I agree with Ward & June's son, Beaver.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

6-6 and an accepted invite to the Arizona Bowl.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Wyo2dal wrote:6-6 and an accepted invite to the Arizona Bowl.
What are the tie-in's for that game? Who would Wyoming play potentially?