CSU Stadium Renderings

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Here were the AD numbers for those who don't want to click through the link:

UNM $419,261
Boise $331,500
CSU $325,000
SJSU $322,092
Nevada $295,000
SDSU $295,000
Hawaii $290,016
Fresno $290,000
Burman $236,004
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

CSU comes to mind in this.

BJC
A Real Cowboy

wonder what the numbers are for total coach compensation....head coach + assistants
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

joshvanklomp wrote:Here were the AD numbers for those who don't want to click through the link:

UNM $419,261
Boise $331,500
CSU $325,000
SJSU $322,092
Nevada $295,000
SDSU $295,000
Hawaii $290,016
Fresno $290,000
Burman $236,004
Doesn't tell the whole picture - total compensation package. Don't believe everything you read in other words. I can tell you this, Tom's total comp package is in the top 5 of the conference.

Then again, maybe it does tell the whole picture, as you get what you pay for - whether it's ass wipe, or athletic director's.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:Only 2 head coaches make more than Bohl (Fresno, CSU -- BSU and SDSU make the same)
Only 4 head coaches make more than Shyatt (CSU, UNLV, UNM, SDSU)
Burman makes the least of the ADs that reported their salaries

http://www.abqjournal.com/coaches" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I didnt know that. Hard to ask him to act like AD's at other successful universities if he TOO isnt compensated like one...
Right, let's follow the Iowa method.
52-56
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:Hard to ask him to act like AD's at other successful universities if he TOO isnt compensated like one...
What? He should "act" (or work) "harder" and smarter, than all the other AD's so he can be compensated like them maybe? Hell, he is the SOB that likes to "do more with less", so I say ... do more with less mf'er!
Dear Karma,

ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote:
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:Hard to ask him to act like AD's at other successful universities if he TOO isnt compensated like one...
What? He should "act" (or work) "harder" and smarter, than all the other AD's so he can be compensated like them maybe? Hell, he is the SOB that likes to "do more with less", so I say ... do more with less mf'er!
Well you get what you pay for...
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote:Doesn't tell the whole picture - total compensation package. Don't believe everything you read in other words. I can tell you this, Tom's total comp package is in the top 5 of the conference.

Then again, maybe it does tell the whole picture, as you get what you pay for - whether it's ass wipe, or athletic director's.
The number I used was total pay, not just base salary.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

joshvanklomp wrote:
McPeachy wrote:Doesn't tell the whole picture - total compensation package. Don't believe everything you read in other words. I can tell you this, Tom's total comp package is in the top 5 of the conference.

The number I used was total pay, not just base salary.
There's no way to determine total pay unless the individual divulges it. Amount such as endorsements, certain CJC donations, appearance fees, certain stipends such as housing, auto, etc, are all additional to base pay on a private basis. Meaning, they don't have to be reported to the public because they aren't from state monies.

Having said that, you can get a pretty good idea what it is, but no way to be 100% certain.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

WestWYOPoke wrote:Having said that, you can get a pretty good idea what it is, but no way to be 100% certain.
Unless you can see the contract. Like this...

http://main.abqjournal.netdna-cdn.com/w ... man-AD.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

joshvanklomp wrote:Here were the AD numbers for those who don't want to click through the link:

UNM $419,261
Boise $331,500
CSU $325,000
SJSU $322,092
Nevada $295,000
SDSU $295,000
Hawaii $290,016
Fresno $290,000
Burma $236,004
WOW! Burman is way over paid. I guess suckers are born every day.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

joshvanklomp wrote:
WestWYOPoke wrote:Having said that, you can get a pretty good idea what it is, but no way to be 100% certain.

http://main.abqjournal.netdna-cdn.com/w ... man-AD.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hard to argue with that
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: I didnt know that. Hard to ask him to act like AD's at other successful universities if he TOO isnt compensated like one...
Do you work for the Athletic Department? Our overall position in the MWC has slipped under Burman's tenure. What coach would we extend and/or increase salary for decreasing our position in the MWC?
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: I didnt know that. Hard to ask him to act like AD's at other successful universities if he TOO isnt compensated like one...
Do you work for the Athletic Department? Our overall position in the MWC has slipped under Burman's tenure. What coach would we extend and/or increase salary for decreasing our position in the MWC?
Haha I certainly do not and I am not saying Burman is anything special or should be praised. All I am saying is we really can't expect to hire the best AD available if were not going to compensate them accordingly. His $200k job is the LOWEST in the conference and is higher than when he started. We can bitch all we want about Burma's performance but we will never get someone better if we don't pay them. That would be a great place to increase the budget. Can his ass and PAY someone who is worth their poop.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Haha I certainly do not and I am not saying Burman is anything special or should be praised. All I am saying is we really can't expect to hire the best AD available if were not going to compensate them accordingly. His $200k job is the LOWEST in the conference and is higher than when he started. We can bitch all we want about Burma's performance but we will never get someone better if we don't pay them. That would be a great place to increase the budget. Can his ass and PAY someone who is worth their poop.
I don't disagree with that at all. I'm actually really nervous about our future because I'm not sure we can keep pace from a budget perspective. Like I said above, if our only hope is the legislature or a few big boosters, we are screwed (unless we happen to graduate the next Phil Knight or T Boone).

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nc ... /21013009/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

joshvanklomp wrote:

So, ya, $236,004...there are multiple other given incentives not quantified in the contract that are missing (use of a vehicle - new every year, gas, insurance-taxes, cost of living housing allowance, travel (him and his family) - which is huge, travel stipends and per diems, paid catering / hosting functions & events, miscellaneous CJC benefits, box / tickets both home and away for any and all events, and the list goes on and on, etc., etc., etc.).

By my calculation, if he performs at the top of his incentive level, he would be on track to make $391,004, WITHOUT any of the non-contract incentives from above. Will that happen, not a chance, but still the golden carrot is there, just as it is for all AD's in our conference.
Dear Karma,

gbpoke
Cowpoke

McPeachy wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:

So, ya, $236,004...there are multiple other given incentives not quantified in the contract that are missing (use of a vehicle - new every year, gas, insurance-taxes, cost of living housing allowance, travel (him and his family) - which is huge, travel stipends and per diems, paid catering / hosting functions & events, miscellaneous CJC benefits, box / tickets both home and away for any and all events, and the list goes on and on, etc., etc., etc.).

By my calculation, if he performs at the top of his incentive level, he would be on track to make $391,004, WITHOUT any of the non-contract incentives from above. Will that happen, not a chance, but still the golden carrot is there, just as it is for all AD's in our conference.
The housing and vehicle allowances were included in that contract. He gets $36,000/yr for housing paid in 12 equal installments of $3,000. It didn't mention anything about the amount of money the vehicle was worth, but it did mention that he would have access to a school vehicle. The others I didn't see however so I can't speak to.
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

Doesn't Burman oversee the fewest sports in the conference? I've got to think it's cheaper to live in Laramie than in San Diego. His salary sure beats selling cars I would imagine.

He's milking us!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

HiCountryCowboy wrote:He's milking us!
Just like any conman out there....and UW was dumb enough to hire him. :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:

Hard to argue with that
It's actually VERY easy to argue. There are SO many things (as McPeachy touches on) that aren't in his contract. And since they aren't paid using state funds they don't have to be readily available for the public to see. You guys have to realize that coaches and ADs aren't like normal people as far as income is concerned. They have a contract that they sign with basic salary and incentives. This is what we get to see. Then they have about 10-15 other streams of revenue that they get for being in their position. We don't get to see these agreements. Sure every coach and AD in the conference is in the same boat, my point is, he makes more than $236,000.