Only one game

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Vapoke
Cowpoke

Let's be honest folks it was only one game. Do you think the team learned more from the lost today or getting killed by Oregon last year. We knew this team was young, 2nd youngest in the country. Wazzu lost today to a FCS team also. We can only look to a great game next week. Let the team develop, Bohl isn't DC. He doesn't quit and nor will he let his team quit. I personally can't wait to see them play in person.

"Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 145 times

I agree vapoke. The bipolar people on this board kill me. If we're 0-4 , I'll probably jump ship on the season but bohl gets a few seasons before we all call him a sack of poop
W-Y, Until I Die!
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

Not sure if anyone is calling bohl a "sack of poop" and personally I'm not on the fire bohl wagon, but calling rightfully pissed off fans bipolar is a little extreme.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Being pissed off about a loss is different than saying the coach sucks and can't recruit and can't develop players. Way different.

We'll see if bohl can develop talent when his first full recruiting class becomes upperclassmen. Making judgments about his ability after losing a ton of players is absurd.

I'm as sick as anybody about the loss. It's ruined my week but the crazy things people say after a bad loss make me as sick.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Vapoke
Cowpoke

Hey let's all agree today sucked. Drink away our pain like true Wyoming fans, and then get ready for next Saturday
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Y'all are acting like BYU or CSU fans...we lost. Stop calling for heads and second guessing the hire the first game of year 2.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Fine. Let's be real then....how many wins this season? Anyone delusional enough to think bowl eligibility can still happen?
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

laxwyo wrote:Being pissed off about a loss is different than saying the coach sucks and can't recruit and can't develop players. Way different.

We'll see if bohl can develop talent when his first full recruiting class becomes upperclassmen. Making judgments about his ability after losing a ton of players is absurd.

I'm as sick as anybody about the loss. It's ruined my week but the crazy things people say after a bad loss make me as sick.
Agreed
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Although I agree that it is "only one game," it is "one game" we had zero business losing. While I agree that it may teach more than being dump trucked by Oregon, I also believe we should win the games that we should win. No excuse for today.

We have a ton of work to do.

Most disappointment to me: D line. Had high hopes for them. Props to UND O line.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:Fine. Let's be real then....how many wins this season? Anyone delusional enough to think bowl eligibility can still happen?
We were barely delusional enough to think a bowl game would happen before this game
W-Y, Until I Die!
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

This team lost to an average at best FCS team. Not only did they lose; they were destroyed. 24-13 doesn't show how bad that game truly was. That's not acceptable from any FBS team under any circumstance. Simply put, that performance was absolutely pathetic. For all the talk about how hard these guys worked, it clearly didn't show in the least bit. This team will be lucky to win a game this year since they were destroyed by the cupcake on the schedule.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

DVDA wrote:This team lost to an average at best FCS team. Not only did they lose; they were destroyed. 24-13 doesn't show how bad that game truly was. That's not acceptable from any FBS team under any circumstance. Simply put, that performance was absolutely pathetic. For all the talk about how hard these guys worked, it clearly didn't show in the least bit. This team will be lucky to win a game this year since they were destroyed by the cupcake on the schedule.
I can't do anything but agree. Had a third of the team been out with food poisoning, we should still have been able to win this one. This wasn't just a bad game - this was complete embarrassment.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

I'm not ready to pack it in yet, but today is not a good sign. I was trying to think of other staffs who lost to fcs teams and still went on to be successful. I couldn't think of one off the top of my head.

Lots of improvement between now and November will do a lot for my optimism. Frankly, we better see it.

Couple of other things: this game wasn't nearly the same as WSU vs. PSU. WSU outgained them but made some mistakes. We didn't even belong on the field with UND. Secondly, "Cowboy Tough"should never again be muttered until it is earned. It is currently an embarrassment to the phrase. Regurgitating that phrase makes us and it a laughingstock. Stanard or youth?
Worst possible start; now we see what Bohl is made of.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote:I'm not ready to pack it in yet, but today is not a good sign. I was trying to think of other staffs who lost to fcs teams and still went on to be successful. I couldn't think of one off the top of my head.

Lots of improvement between now and November will do a lot for my optimism. Frankly, we better see it.

Couple of other things: this game wasn't nearly the same as WSU vs. PSU. WSU outgained them but made some mistakes. We didn't even belong on the field with UND. Secondly, "Cowboy Tough"should never again be muttered until it is earned. It is currently an embarrassment to the phrase. Regurgitating that phrase makes us and it a laughingstock. Stanard or youth?
Well, SDSU and Virgina Tech both lost to FCS teams in recent years and went on to have successful seasons.

Just since you asked.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

The only question I have is why did Wick only have 6 carries. He seemed to be hitting the hole and having more success than Hill? We were more pass heavy than I thought we would be.
The other thing, and those that were there would be the ones to answer this, what was with the penalties? It seemed a litte one sided by the sound of it.
Sorry, one more question, was it actually a fumble recovery in the first quarter? Or did the refs get that right?

It seemed like every time we had some momentum we would get a penalty to kill the drive.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:I'm not ready to pack it in yet, but today is not a good sign. I was trying to think of other staffs who lost to fcs teams and still went on to be successful. I couldn't think of one off the top of my head.

Well, SDSU and Virgina Tech both lost to FCS teams in recent years and went on to have successful seasons.

Just since you asked.
There was also MI and the appy state loss. MI beat FL in a bowl that year. Staff didn't last though.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

SDSU's and I believe Virginia Tech's did.
gbpoke
Cowpoke

kansasCowboy wrote:The only question I have is why did Wick only have 6 carries. He seemed to be hitting the hole and having more success than Hill? We were more pass heavy than I thought we would be.
The other thing, and those that were there would be the ones to answer this, what was with the penalties? It seemed a litte one sided by the sound of it.
Sorry, one more question, was it actually a fumble recovery in the first quarter? Or did the refs get that right?

It seemed like every time we had some momentum we would get a penalty to kill the drive.
I too, would like to know about the fumble. Listening to the radio Kevin and Dave both thought it was clearly a fumble with the Cowboys recovering. That could've been a key point; who knows what happens if the Pokes get the ball early in the game and score to get the lead.
Whenever a team gets behind they're more apt to throw more than run...unfortunately every single time we had anything going there was a penalty to wipe out the drive. Hopefully, the Pokes can build on the very few positives they had today and get something going next week.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote:SDSU's and I believe Virginia Tech's did.
I think you are right and Leach will survive his. The shear ass kicking in ours is what concerns me most.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:SDSU's and I believe Virginia Tech's did.
I think you are right and Leach will survive his. The shear ass kicking in ours is what concerns me most.
SDSU lost like 40-13 or something.