DC coaching tree

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

WestWYOPoke wrote:Beav, you may not like Bohl, and that is your prerogative. But don't take your dislike for him and start throwing around insinuations such as DC being a good coach. He was not a good head coach. Besides being a cocky @$$hole (which I don't necessarily have a problem with, if you win), he wasn't very good at adjustments or gameplans. His recruiting had a few bright spots, but that was on O, not D.

So again, if you don't like Bohl, fine, but don't pretend DC was ever going to get us where you want us to be (consistent bowl games, challenging for a conference title, etc.).

Lol see the funny thing here is that you think I think DC is a good coach.
didn't say that.
Probably haven't said that since his 3rd year at wyo where he won mwc coach of the year.

I haven't called him a good coach.
Just a better coach than Bohl.
Bowls and winning % will back me up.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

BeaverPoke wrote:
WestWYOPoke wrote:Beav, you may not like Bohl, and that is your prerogative. But don't take your dislike for him and start throwing around insinuations such as DC being a good coach. He was not a good head coach. Besides being a cocky @$$hole (which I don't necessarily have a problem with, if you win), he wasn't very good at adjustments or gameplans. His recruiting had a few bright spots, but that was on O, not D.

So again, if you don't like Bohl, fine, but don't pretend DC was ever going to get us where you want us to be (consistent bowl games, challenging for a conference title, etc.).

didn't say that.
Probably haven't said that since his 3rd year at wyo where he won mwc coach of the year.

Gotta throw the bullsh-t flag on this one, Beaver Boy. You were a DC apologist, and probably still are.

Right now, you (and quite a few posters on here) are acting like a bunch of 16-year-old girls. I didn't know grown men could be such a whiny emotional bunch.

As for whether or not DC was a better head coach than Bohl is, we don't know jack sh-t at this point. DC had five years with some pretty good talent on the shelf when he got here. In five years, we'll be able to assess Bohl in the proper light. I will say this- ask 50 FBS head coaches who the better coach is- Bohl or Dickface, and I'd bet more than 40 of them pick Bohl at this point, even with the last season-and-a-third.

In the meantime I'd suggest, if you're just going to be another chicken little a whopping 16 games into Bohl's career as an FBS HC, to Keep Calm and Shut the F--k Up.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

BeaverPoke wrote:

didn't say that.

Fair enough, but it seems that you would prefer DC to Bohl. And if we are in a vacuum and those are the only choices, fine, your opinion. I however, have put DC in the rear view mirror. He wasn't going to get us where we want to be, so having him still here wouldn't solve the problem.

Would he have won a few games this year? Maybe. But Bohl is changing everything with the end goal of being a better program than we could have been with DC. Will it work, obviously that remains to be seen. I am confident that the next few years will not be as bad as this year will turn out to be. How far will we climb is the real question. Will it be back to 4-6 win seasons, or will it be contending for conference titles? Guess we'll have to wait and see, because one thing is for sure: unless he quits or does something really stupid/illegal, Craig Bohl will be UW's head coach for at least the next 3 years.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 240 times

Last edited by LanderPoke on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

For the life of me I can't figure out why we can't get both sides working.

Joe Glenn Defense and DC Offense = pretty solid MWC team.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Susiec6 wrote:Let me help you all with this:

Jim Harding--OC at Utah
Alex Grinch--DC at Washington State
Derek Sage--Receivers at Toledo
Marcus Arroyo--Running Backs at Oklahoma State
Dan Hammerschmidt--Safeties at Oklahoma State
Jerry Montgomery--Green Bay Packers
Renaldo Hill--Cornerbacks at Pitt
Jamar Cain--Defensive Ends at North Dakota State
Jason Ray--Wide Receivers Northern Iowa
Nick Danielson--Tight Ends/Tackles at Northern Iowa
Chris Tormey--Canadien Football League
Robin Ross--Canadien Football League
Gregg Brandon--Head Coach Colorado School of Mines
Trent Greener--Military Special Ops in Washington DC (works with the elite of the elite)

I may have missed some. This doesn't even mention the graduate assistants, video, and academic support people.
So, it's like I said, you either get on the coaching carousel and you never get off, or we had good asst coaches. Hell, good asst coaches and players that went on to play various levels of pro ball, yet DC still couldn't even piece together a .500 record. He's a bigger mess than I thought. But he's probably at the right level now for his ability. And let's not forget Matt Rahl, who has surpassed his old boss, with an Offensive Coordinator position : )
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Hey,

Lets have Dimmel be HC...VK at DC and DC at OC! Just give all the old folks aneurysms. Then let Joe play the piano for them as they follow the unknown light. :rofl:

*We do have that extra $ our AD made on throwing the UND game.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

BJC wrote:Hey,

Lets have Dimmel be HC...VK at DC and DC at OC! Just give all the old folks aneurysms. Then let Joe play the piano for them as they follow the unknown light. :rofl:

Classic, POTD!

On your last point though - he pocketed that poop. He has to build up the "f-word-you money" account he has at Wyoming State Bank. Speaking of which, I need to work on my f-word-you money account as well.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

BJC wrote:Hey,

If any possibility, no matter how remote, gives me the absolute shudders over why we're under-performing so badly, this is it.

Everyone keep an eye out for a bunch of 18 and 19 year-olds driving brand new vehicles to practice...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

Wyovanian wrote:Everyone keep an eye out for a bunch of 18 and 19 year-olds driving brand new vehicles to practice...
:roll:

We're not SMU!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Ha.......all in "they mommas naaaaame" :whistle:
VisorHair
Ranch Hand

DC coaching tree > than Craig's..

amiright?

"In this geographical area; Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, and Western Kansas - there's a new Sheriff in town." - Coach Bohl
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Wyokie wrote:
Wyovanian wrote:Everyone keep an eye out for a bunch of 18 and 19 year-olds driving brand new vehicles to practice...
:roll:

We're not SMU!!!!
That would be far worse than anything SMU did.
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

Whatever, he still decided to punt against TCU down 11 with 2:01 to play in 2011. Punting from own 48 with 10:00 to play, eh maybe that was too early to get desperate, I will buy that, but we were in a good spot on the field to take a chance. But with 2:01 WTH?, why not fling it up and try to get a cheap one, and follow that with an onside, and another miracle? Crazier thing have happened. Even under his watch down in San Diego. It not over until its over. At 2:01 punting isn't even trying. I know Smith was hurt, but at least try for the last 2:01.

These comments got me blasted back then and may again. I still don't understand it. $ on the spread? who knows?
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

Why do I have to login three times this is crazy!

anyway I wasn't completed with my thought process before and I had to run. there is the tiniest chance he felt punting and hoping for a fumble was our best chance of winning, but I'd rather try to do something to win than hope for them to mess up. It was raining that day so maybe he was hoping for a slippery football. I would've been trying for a touchdown two-point conversion on sidekick in a field goal if it were me.

So there is the tiniest chance he felt punting at 2:01 in 2011 gave us the best chance to win but that day it sure felt like giving up rather than trying to win.

TCU 31, Wyo 20.

PS. I doubt that was Mrs C.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!