2017 recruiting thread,

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Dunktown is Laramie.

We have a proud tradition to honor. The Utah recruits will appreciate this. It was thrown down on a Rick Majerus Utah team that was always in the top 25.

Last edited by Cowboy Junky on Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Wyoming has a built in advantage in the MWC. Only UNLV and UNM have more fans at the MWC tournament in Las Vegas. If you commit to Wyoming, not only do you get a yearly trip to the basketball tournament hotbed of America, you have one of the best fan bases filling the seats to help you win.

National Champions 1943.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

I do.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

And who doesn't want to finish the regular season like this?

National Champions 1943.

I do.
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

Throwing down MONSTER dunks is a proud Wyoming tradition. Just tune in to Sportcenter's top 10 this winter and you will surely see Dunk Town USA...I can't even keep track anymore, Josh alone has been on there at least 7 or 8 times not just dunks though.

https://twitter.com/Parker2828/status/6 ... 4983925760
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Here's a look at the High Altitude Performance Center, where basketball players will receive treatment, academic counseling, and eat exceptional meals.

That's not all. If you don't know, almost the entire campus is brand new or recently renovated. When the AA is done and the High Altitude Performance Center is finished(on schedule to finish before 2017 graduates arrive in Laramie), your life will exist almost entirely in a brand new, state of the art facility.

Last edited by Cowboy Junky on Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

A lot of our traditional is old, but there aren't many schools that have won 2 national titles(1934,1943). We have the guy that introduced the jump shot to both college basketball and the NBA. We have an NCAA tournament MVP trophy, and 2 college basketball player of the year trophies(thanks Kenny). Yes our best history is half a century old.

Help us bring it back. You can win the national title in Laramie, Wyoming.

You can be remembered like Kenny.

Last edited by Cowboy Junky on Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

Mcfall to Davis is the BEST youtube video of all time for so many reasons.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Last but not least, Larry Shyatt makes two star players first round picks in the NBA Draft.

If you can name one NBA draft executive that doesn't want players that play good defense and are disciplined, unselfish, and aggressive, than you have my permission to go somewhere else.

This guy wasn't recruited by very many MID-MAJOR programs out of high school. Now he's a first round pick of the L.A. Lakers.

Last edited by Cowboy Junky on Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

poke_addict wrote:Mcfall to Davis is the BEST youtube video of all time for so many reasons.
Agreed. That was awesome.

Wait until someone finally digs up the Davis 360. That dunk is legendary.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 14 times

Cowboy Junky wrote:Wyoming has a built in advantage in the MWC. Only UNLV and UNM have more fans at the MWC tournament in Las Vegas. If you commit to Wyoming, not only do you get a yearly trip to the basketball tournament hotbed of America, you have one of the best fan bases filling the seats to help you win.

I choke up a bit every time I watch this. Hope to have it happen again this year....
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Cowboy Junky wrote:
poke_addict wrote:Mcfall to Davis is the BEST youtube video of all time for so many reasons.

God I had forgotten about that. That was a special moment in Cowboy history
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Anyone hearing any chatter on how this weekends visits went?
wyopig
Ranch Hand

Cowboy Junky wrote:

It's about 5 and a half minutes into this video. Once you hit play, you have to wait a minute for the whole video to load before it starts playing. You're welcome. :D

http://digitalcollections.uwyo.edu:8180 ... e_Original" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 106 times

wyopig wrote:It's about 5 and a half minutes into this video. Once you hit play, you have to wait a minute for the whole video to load before it starts playing. You're welcome. :D

http://digitalcollections.uwyo.edu:8180 ... e_Original" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AWESOME video! I remember that season like it was yesterday. So much fun!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

wyopig wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:

It's about 5 and a half minutes into this video. Once you hit play, you have to wait a minute for the whole video to load before it starts playing. You're welcome. :D

All hail Wyopig, King of the Cowboys.

Thank you.

That's why Josh Davis is one of the Godfathers of Dunktown. He's got a couple of legendary dunks. He's in the mix with Larry Nance Jr., Josh Adams, Fennis Dembo, Turque Boyd, and Derek Cooke.

It will be interesting to see which of the younger crop joins the Dunktown board of directors.

Early odds are good on Florida kids this year. :cool:

National Champions 1943.

I do.
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

wyopig wrote: It's about 5 and a half minutes into this video. Once you hit play, you have to wait a minute for the whole video to load before it starts playing. You're welcome. :D

Damn hard not to get emotional after the end of that video. What a team that was and what a special thing they had. It's what makes college sports great. Those dudes knew they wouldn't get to play ball together again. I love it when Wyoming responds to our teams that resonate with them! Legendary team. I remember watching those games going back home after school just stoked. It made me excited about heading to school there.

Go POKES!!
Riding High!!!
VisorHair
Ranch Hand

Parker loves Wyoming - would be hard to screw it up. His best friend lives in Laramie.

"In this geographical area; Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, and Western Kansas - there's a new Sheriff in town." - Coach Bohl
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Nebraska just offered him. He's got offers from Memphis and Kansas State. ESPN has him rated as a 4 star, which always increases interest. He isn't signed, sealed, and delivered by any means.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 240 times

Cowboy Junky wrote:Nebraska just offered him. He's got offers from Memphis and Kansas State. ESPN has him rated as a 4 star, which always increases interest. He isn't signed, sealed, and delivered by any means.
It would be incredible if Parker chose us. He's as highly regarded a recruit as anyone who's ever come to Laramie on a visit.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:Nebraska just offered him. He's got offers from Memphis and Kansas State. ESPN has him rated as a 4 star, which always increases interest. He isn't signed, sealed, and delivered by any means.
It would be incredible if Parker chose us. He's as highly regarded a recruit as anyone who's ever come to Laramie on a visit.
Is this kid a former 10-12 year old that mopped up sweat on the court? If so I always thought it would be cool to see one of those kids play for wyo. what a great story. 6-6 pg? Too good of a story. JR in hs? Well how long before North Carolina offers and he gets bumped to 5*