Tristan Bailey

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

wyocowboy2014 wrote:Ryan Cummings has to be right next to him for worst on the team. He may be the most penalized o-lineman in the country.
He's far from the only one to have penalties called on him, plus he's still a sophomore. He was also good enough to keep the job at LT from last year and has been, at the very least, quite solid. At the best, one of our better o-linemen in sometime.
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

yopaulie wrote:
wyocowboy2014 wrote:Ryan Cummings has to be right next to him for worst on the team. He may be the most penalized o-lineman in the country.
Wow. I think Cummings is one of our up and coming star linemen. I just don't understand the thinking and comments of some on this board.
I was referring to the number of penalties he has had. The numbers don't lie. #59 has been called quite often by Mr. Official.
yopaulie
Ranch Hand

wyocowboy2014 wrote:
yopaulie wrote:
Wow. I think Cummings is one of our up and coming star linemen. I just don't understand the thinking and comments of some on this board.
I was referring to the number of penalties he has had. The numbers don't lie. #59 has been called quite often by Mr. Official.
Sure, the penalties are definitely a fair point for improvement. But Ryan is at the most critical lineman spot, protecting the blind side of our QB, and clearing holes for our star RB. Am I misreading your comment which seems to imply he is close to the worst player on our team??
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

yopaulie wrote:
wyocowboy2014 wrote:
yopaulie wrote:
Sure, the penalties are definitely a fair point for improvement. But Ryan is at the most critical lineman spot, protecting the blind side of our QB, and clearing holes for our star RB. Am I misreading your comment which seems to imply he is close to the worst player on our team??
Maybe I went a little far with worst player on the team, apologies for that now that I reread my original comment. He is nowhere near the worst. As this threat suggests, Tristan takes that honor far and away. It is frustrating though, continually hearing his name being called for penalties. Hopefully he can improve on that.
yopaulie
Ranch Hand

VisorHair wrote:Is the worst player to receive a scholarship at Wyoming.. Discuss!
I don't like this statement - I don't believe in harsh criticism of any kid unless they lack putting in effort, or don't show good character. Plus if he is a walk on he is doing this purely for love of game. It is fair to fully discuss the coaches for putting the young man out there when he may not be ready for it, or at a D1 level. I really hope Bailey turns it around the 2nd half of the season.
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

yopaulie wrote:
VisorHair wrote:Is the worst player to receive a scholarship at Wyoming.. Discuss!
I don't like this statement - I don't believe in harsh criticism of any kid unless they lack putting in effort, or don't show good character. Plus if he is a walk on he is doing this purely for love of game. It is fair to fully discuss the coaches for putting the young man out there when he may not be ready for it, or at a D1 level. I really hope Bailey turns it around the 2nd half of the season.
I do think that the fault lies on the coaches. The fact that we do not have a scholarship athlete for one of the (normally) highest scoring players on the field, is outrageous. The staff also needs to realize at some point that continuing to give a kid chances that has not shown any success (1 made) doesn't do much for us. We should be going for it on 4th rather than a FG. I think our chances are better of picking up the 1st, rather than the 3pts.
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

yopaulie wrote:
So true, he gets the honor of paying to take this criticism. Imagine if we didn't have him this season, we'd be using someone the staff doesn't think is as good. I feel that Tristan will hit some FGs this year. It's probably a combo of nerves and inexperience.
Douglaspoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 5 times

What is wrong with you to dump on one of our young players. We are fortunate to have him at UW. His o line coach from high school who has turned out prior all American selections described Ryan as the best ever. Furthermore he starts as a freshman, retains his position this year and described as totally nasty by his team mates. I'll take their statements, the coaches selections and what his high school coach summarizes over some idiotic statement by a poster here.
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

Douglaspoke wrote:What is wrong with you to dump on one of our young players. We are fortunate to have him at UW. His o line coach from high school who has turned out prior all American selections described Ryan as the best ever. Furthermore he starts as a freshman, retains his position this year and described as totally nasty by his team mates. I'll take their statements, the coaches selections and what his high school coach summarizes over some idiotic statement by a poster here.
The amount of penalties he has racked up by himself is not ok and is not how you become "the best ever." This isn't something new for him either. There was a game last year where he had 3 penalties by himself. I already said I went too far with saying worst player, lighten up.
https://twitter.com/mikevorel/status/538813511905067008
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Let me get this straight, you'll defend the likes of Tom Burman until the end of WYO athletics. You'll put out every ounce of energy defending the AD's every move, but you'll throw a walk-on college athlete under the bus?

Damn man, that says it all right there.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

I think that Trapper Lee kid is walking on next year too. From his Twitter, looks like all he does is work on FG kicking
W-Y, Until I Die!
hithere
Ranch Hand

If the point is to call out specific players, then DeAndre Jones is the worst Wyoming Cowboy I've ever seen put on a uniform and play significant minutes. Hands down.
VisorHair
Ranch Hand

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
Let me get this straight, you'll defend the likes of Tom Burman until the end of WYO athletics. You'll put out every ounce of energy defending the AD's every move, but you'll throw a walk-on college athlete under the bus?

Burman isn't 1-7. :coffee:

"In this geographical area; Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, and Western Kansas - there's a new Sheriff in town." - Coach Bohl
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

VisorHair wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:

Wow, nothing like blaiming the unpaid intern rather than management for the faults of a company.
VisorHair
Ranch Hand

OrediggerPoke wrote:
VisorHair wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:

Wow, nothing like blaiming the unpaid intern rather than management for the faults of a company.
OK, so we will blame Craig for throwing a kid out there who couldn't hit the AA with a ball. That's fair, as that is a recruiting oversight. But hey.. 1-7 is 1-7. It's not Craig's leg that's pushing them left and right. As a businessman, you are cutting ties with unpaid intern who is hindering your business, no?

"In this geographical area; Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, and Western Kansas - there's a new Sheriff in town." - Coach Bohl
cowboyz
Cowpoke

VisorHair wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:

Burman is 1 - 7. It's his program.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

cowboyz wrote:
VisorHair wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:

I would be very interested if that would be your same argument if we were 7-1... This board seems to love dumping on him when its going rough and then exclude him when times are good...
cowboyz
Cowpoke

VisorHair wrote:
OrediggerPoke wrote:
VisorHair wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:

OK, so we will blame Craig for throwing a kid out there who couldn't hit the AA with a ball. That's fair, as that is a recruiting oversight. But hey.. 1-7 is 1-7. It's not Craig's leg that's pushing them left and right. As a businessman, you are cutting ties with unpaid intern who is hindering your business, no?
Exactly, you cut ties with the one hindering your business, unless something is making you believe in the intern. It's not the intern's job to cut his own ties, but the management ahead of him. I respect someone that keeps trying no matter how difficult things are. For his sake and the team's I wish he was doing better, but for his sake's and the team's I'm glad to see him still out there fighting the fight. If he was perfect on field goals in the three losses where he missed, we would have lost by less points, but we wouldn't have won any of them. Hopefully he gets a chance to make a difference in a game this season and he delivers. We all wish the team was performing better, but in this case you're pointing the finger at the wrong person. There's a ton of blame to go around.

Who knows, maybe he finds his groove. McManus missed 7 his true freshman year and 7 his sophomore year and he's kicking for the Broncos, Crosby missed 7 his junior year and 9 his senior year and he's kicking for the Packers. A whole hell of a lot more attempts, but they still walked off the field with more than a handful of misses.
cowboyz
Cowpoke

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
cowboyz wrote:
VisorHair wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:

I would be very interested if that would be your same argument if we were 7-1... This board seems to love dumping on him when its going rough and then exclude him when times are good...
In your scenario, Burman would be 7 - 1. It's his program.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

VisorHair wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:

By almost every measurable that can be applied to the AD, things have gotten worse under Burman. Luckily Shyatt wanted to come back and I'll tentatively give Burman credit for the Bohl hire (tentatively because technically we still are not a good football team). In every other way, the MWC has weakened and we've slipped relative to our peers.

Yet, you defend a failing administration over and over with excuse after excuse and then throw a walk-on under the bus.

Like I said, damn man, that says it all right there.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.