2017 recruiting thread,

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Coeur d' Alene wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:Nebraska just offered him. He's got offers from Memphis and Kansas State. ESPN has him rated as a 4 star, which always increases interest. He isn't signed, sealed, and delivered by any means.
It would be incredible if Parker chose us. He's as highly regarded a recruit as anyone who's ever come to Laramie on a visit.
Is this kid a former 10-12 year old that mopped up sweat on the court? If so I always thought it would be cool to see one of those kids play for wyo. what a great story. 6-6 pg? Too good of a story. JR in hs? Well how long before North Carolina offers and he gets bumped to 5*

Yeah he was one of those kids. I donno about North Carolina offering, but he is getting a some big time offers, and if he chooses Wyoming it will be BIG for us.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

BeaverPoke wrote:
Coeur d' Alene wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:Nebraska just offered him. He's got offers from Memphis and Kansas State. ESPN has him rated as a 4 star, which always increases interest. He isn't signed, sealed, and delivered by any means.
It would be incredible if Parker chose us. He's as highly regarded a recruit as anyone who's ever come to Laramie on a visit.
Is this kid a former 10-12 year old that mopped up sweat on the court? If so I always thought it would be cool to see one of those kids play for wyo. what a great story. 6-6 pg? Too good of a story. JR in hs? Well how long before North Carolina offers and he gets bumped to 5*

Yeah he was one of those kids. I donno about North Carolina offering, but he is getting a some big time offers, and if he chooses Wyoming it will be BIG for us.
Combo him with hunter thompson and we could have the best recruiting class in the conference
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

cali2wyo wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
Coeur d' Alene wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:

Combo him with hunter thompson and we could have the best recruiting class in the conference
Each of them would likely be our highest regarded guys coming out of high school ever
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

wyokoke wrote:
cali2wyo wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
Coeur d' Alene wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:

Each of them would likely be our highest regarded guys coming out of high school ever

They would be up there but not the highest. Quinn Higgins was the highest that I can remember. To bad he had knee problems. One of many on the long list of Wyoming knee injuries.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Parker Stewart visited Hoyamadness....Here's an article about it.

http://georgetown.247sports.com/Bolt/Cl ... n-40370955" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
VisorHair
Ranch Hand

You don't have to believe me, that's fine. Just telling you what I know.

"In this geographical area; Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, and Western Kansas - there's a new Sheriff in town." - Coach Bohl
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

VisorHair wrote:
You don't have to believe me, that's fine. Just telling you what I know.
I sure hope you're right.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
VisorHair
Ranch Hand

He has two new big time schools visiting him this week. Will only add the pressure.

"In this geographical area; Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, and Western Kansas - there's a new Sheriff in town." - Coach Bohl
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Anyone know what is going on with Irshad?
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Someone who knows more than I do, please help me out.

We lost Irshad. Can we pocket that Scholly and hold it for a year and add one more in the Avea, Steward, Thompson, Yess, Banks, and Knell class? Is that legal? Do we have to fill that scholly next class?
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:Someone who knows more than I do, please help me out.

We lost Irshad. Can we pocket that Scholly and hold it for a year and add one more in the Avea, Steward, Thompson, Yess, Banks, and Knell class? Is that legal? Do we have to fill that scholly next class?
I thought mueller was taking the only available scholorship and that 2 open up the next year.

I can't imagine shyatt not running Marshall off. He said Marshall doesn't deserve a chance to play over Lieberman and trey Washington.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 240 times

Parker Stewart has an offer from Florida now. It seems like his recruitment is blowing up. I hope we have some backup plans!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

Hunter and Parker would make a great duo
W-Y, Until I Die!
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

We really need to lock up another big man that is at least the caliber of Naughton as freshmen or a JC MWC caliber guy. Preferably 6'8 and up with some muscle/skillz. It's sad that we lost Irshad but if your even sorta of on the fence heading into Wyoming it's best to back out early. Laramie isn't for everyone and you really have to be sold on our program as a family unit. Hoping for Shy's crew to finally lock down a big time BIG man recruit so we can have a plethora of them for the first time in ffffffooooooorrrrrrreeeeeevvvvvvvveeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrr.
Riding High!!!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Cosmic Cowboy wrote:We really need to lock up another big man that is at least the caliber of Naughton as freshmen or a JC MWC caliber guy. Preferably 6'8 and up with some muscle/skillz. It's sad that we lost Irshad but if your even sorta of on the fence heading into Wyoming it's best to back out early. Laramie isn't for everyone and you really have to be sold on our program as a family unit. Hoping for Shy's crew to finally lock down a big time BIG man recruit so we can have a plethora of them for the first time in ffffffooooooorrrrrrreeeeeevvvvvvvveeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrr.
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

poke_addict
Cowpoke

joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
LifeItself
Buckaroo

4/19/2016 - 2017 PF Tyler Bey (6-7, 200, 2.3★) has received an offer from Wyoming. - Per Link

4/19/2016 - 2017 SF Greg Floyd, Jr. (6-8, 200, 2.7★) | Overall Rank: 107 | Position Rank: 41 has received an offer from Wyoming. - Per Link

My guess is they have ties to Kimbrough, as they both have offers from Nevada.
poke_addict
Cowpoke

I hope they are going to visit Darius Banks that kid would be a big time get for the pokes. Also could be visiting the transfer from UCF. Hopefully both! Sounds like the Stewart visit went well. https://twitter.com/CoachShyatt/status/ ... 9213337604