Pokes fans are delusional

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

MrTitleist wrote:
lakesbison wrote:#1 check this IP address, there are anti ndsu people out there that do stuff to make us look bad. i.e hayduke, Darrel, etc

#2 Location or FBS or FCS or P5 or whatever don't mean squat unless your winning, so win and they will come.

#3 Iowa City, Boise & Manhattan KS are small town crapholes that are no better than Laramie or fargo and they have winning teams with good recruiting so there you are.

carry on with your thread drift & feel free to delete this guy, we would never say "Nodak Bizon"
Boise has more than 215,000 people with a metro area of over 660,000 and it's a "small town craphole"? Do you even use your brain?
Boise is no Craphole...It is a great city
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

NodakBizon wrote:I have been following the Pokes since 2003 when I moved from ND to Cheyenne. First year they get a brand new coach, one who I was very familiar with from his d2 days at Northern Colorado. Wyo fans were all excited, first year goes 4-8, next year they beat a SEC team and win the LV bowl and omg Glenn could run for governor and win, that's how insane it was in cowboy country. Hopes were high, we finally got a decent coach, good returning nucleus for next year, hey everyone we're winning the MW conference next year. Well, they lose to a tough Florida team on the road but then run off 4 straight including beating Ole Miss at their house, and then the wheels came off. Lose the next 6, finish 4-7 and all of a sudden Laramie is starting to smolder. Next year WYO goes 6-6 and doesn't make a bowl and in 07' go 5-7 and in 08' although beating Tennessee in Knoxville, the pokes finish 4-8 and Glenn gets fired. Christensen comes to Laramie and once again history repeats itself. Fans are excited, win a meaningless bowl game, then 3-9 next year, fans get nervous, then make another meaningless worthless bowl game, then 4-8 with ol Dave going loco on Air Force, crappy year next year and he's out. Then comes Bohl, who starts changing the terrible culture and gets rid of the bad attitudes and cancers, and from the house cleaning ends up with 9 seniors on the roster out of over 100 players and you guys think he should be winning the Mountain West, get real. It's time to face the reality that Laramie is the rectum of the US and Jesus would have a hard time recruiting there. Best Vanderbilt oops I mean WYO will ever do or ever be is win or get to the Vegas bowl once every 10 years and 2 games under .500 every year after that. Give Bohl more than 2 years before you all start calling for his head in the hopes of landing the next big splash hot coach, who will end up being the OC or DC from Rice or Tulsa whose only making 200k and wants a big pay upgrade knowing he has no shot in hell of winning. So good luck the rest of the year and enjoy the basketball season.
First of all, thank you for the decade+ history of Wyoming football.

Second, I can't think of one person on this board or anywhere on the planet that thought the Pokes were going to win the MWC this year. So by your standards we do not need to get real, as we are already real, using your guidelines.

Third, how is a bowl game meaningless? Unless it is one of the new playoff bowl games that by winning you either advance or win the National Championship, they are all pretty much the same. I believe the bowl games that you are referring to pre-date this. Bowl games are a reward for finishing with a .500 record or better. Generally they are in warmer locations, you get to play another team that did well enough to be there, the players get some cool poop and the team gets extra practices and exposure. The bowl games you mentioned had millions of viewers. All bowl games are cool for the players, coaches and fans. As you've never experienced this, your opinion may be a bit tainted.

Fourth, the Laramie being the rectum of the US comment; is that supposed to be an insult, or is it in reference to the large reserves of natural gas?

And fifth, your analogy about Jesus having a hard time recruiting to Laramie makes no sense. If you said Bear Bryant or Urban Meyer would have a hard time, it would have made a point. But using Jesus is a poop example. Jesus was terrible at recruiting. What did he get, a dozen or so recruits?
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:
lakesbison wrote:#1 check this IP address, there are anti ndsu people out there that do stuff to make us look bad. i.e hayduke, Darrel, etc

#2 Location or FBS or FCS or P5 or whatever don't mean squat unless your winning, so win and they will come.

#3 Iowa City, Boise & Manhattan KS are small town crapholes that are no better than Laramie or fargo and they have winning teams with good recruiting so there you are.

carry on with your thread drift & feel free to delete this guy, we would never say "Nodak Bizon"
Boise has more than 215,000 people with a metro area of over 660,000 and it's a "small town craphole"? Do you even use your brain?
Exactly, I really enjoy Boise. It's one of the few areas outside of Wyoming/Colorado that I'd be willing to move to.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

WestWYOPoke wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:

Exactly, I really enjoy Boise. It's one of the few areas outside of Wyoming/Colorado that I'd be willing to move to.
I'll double stamp that! I would most definitely live in Boise!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Not me, but that's because I prefer small towns over large ones any day. Sutton, NE, a town of about 1100 people is a nice quiet place. Even the little motel, the Fox Hollow, is a nice and comfortable place. The only downside is that it's in tornado alley. And the heat/humidity in summer. Pine Bluffs is alright too, but the gator motel is something straight from the 1970s. Not even alarm clocks in there, but an otherwise nice little town. Laramie is about as big a town as I want to live in.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

WestWYOPoke wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:

I'll double stamp that! I would most definitely live in Boise!
Just recently moved to the Boise metro area from Laramie, I love it! I guess I'm now cali2wyo2potato haha :lol:
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 608 times
Been liked: 242 times

Screw Boyzee. Will be another Denver soon with 4 mil people
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

WestWYOPoke wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:

The only trouble with Boise is... it's full of Boise fans.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Why Oming
Buckaroo

Screw conference championships as long as we get that 6th win to become bowl eligible sometimes. There's nothing wrong with winning an early December bowl game against a MAC or CUSA team every 6 years. I say that it is a strong sign of a really great program.
nwpoke
Ranch Hand

Why Oming wrote:Screw conference championships as long as we get that 6th win to become bowl eligible sometimes. There's nothing wrong with winning an early December bowl game against a MAC or CUSA team every 6 years. I say that it is a strong sign of a really great program.
Dude, if you really want to piss people off there are far better, more imaginative ways to do it. This is just a juvenile effort at compensating for your lack of __________ (fill in the blank). Drink some Sterno and breathe some fire into your insults, otherwise you remain more pathetic than our win/loss record.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

nwpoke wrote:
Why Oming wrote:Screw conference championships as long as we get that 6th win to become bowl eligible sometimes. There's nothing wrong with winning an early December bowl game against a MAC or CUSA team every 6 years. I say that it is a strong sign of a really great program.
Dude, if you really want to piss people off there are far better, more imaginative ways to do it. This is just a juvenile effort at compensating for your lack of __________ (fill in the blank). Drink some Sterno and breathe some fire into your insults, otherwise you remain more pathetic than our win/loss record.
It's just Dr. Dre from the MWC board. A pathetic excuse of a troll with a major hard on for Wyoming. Best to ignore or put him on foe. He's not worth the time or effort.
nwpoke
Ranch Hand

I recognized the trollishness, I thought this effort was truly subpar. I'll stop feeding it.
lakesbison
Cowpoke

NDSU is 50/50 ND/MN. 1000+ amazing beautiful lakes 45 minutes away.

Oh and we have a dam good football program and I thank coach bohl (and gophers for overlooking 7 nfl players) for it
Cheywypoke
Ranch Hand

Wyovanian wrote:
NodakBizon wrote:I have been following the Pokes since 2003 when I moved from ND to Cheyenne. First year they get a brand new coach, one who I was very familiar with from his d2 days at Northern Colorado. Wyo fans were all excited, first year goes 4-8, next year they beat a SEC team and win the LV bowl and omg Glenn could run for governor and win, that's how insane it was in cowboy country. Hopes were high, we finally got a decent coach, good returning nucleus for next year, hey everyone we're winning the MW conference next year. Well, they lose to a tough Florida team on the road but then run off 4 straight including beating Ole Miss at their house, and then the wheels came off. Lose the next 6, finish 4-7 and all of a sudden Laramie is starting to smolder. Next year WYO goes 6-6 and doesn't make a bowl and in 07' go 5-7 and in 08' although beating Tennessee in Knoxville, the pokes finish 4-8 and Glenn gets fired. Christensen comes to Laramie and once again history repeats itself. Fans are excited, win a meaningless bowl game, then 3-9 next year, fans get nervous, then make another meaningless worthless bowl game, then 4-8 with ol Dave going loco on Air Force, crappy year next year and he's out. Then comes Bohl, who starts changing the terrible culture and gets rid of the bad attitudes and cancers, and from the house cleaning ends up with 9 seniors on the roster out of over 100 players and you guys think he should be winning the Mountain West, get real. It's time to face the reality that Laramie is the rectum of the US and Jesus would have a hard time recruiting there. Best Vanderbilt oops I mean WYO will ever do or ever be is win or get to the Vegas bowl once every 10 years and 2 games under .500 every year after that. Give Bohl more than 2 years before you all start calling for his head in the hopes of landing the next big splash hot coach, who will end up being the OC or DC from Rice or Tulsa whose only making 200k and wants a big pay upgrade knowing he has no shot in hell of winning. So good luck the rest of the year and enjoy the basketball season.
Spent some thought and time on how to respond to this. After careful consideration and some serious pondering of the issues raised here, I've concluded you can suck a delusional fart out of our collective delucional a--holes.
Now there's a Cup-worthy post.
Hayduke
Cowpoke

I like Boise. Like an earlier post said, the only drawback is the Boise State fans.

Anyone that makes fun of Laramie is just a fool who never actually spent any time there.
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote:Speaking of upper Midwesterers... haven't heard from Van Klomp now that I think about it.
You haven't gotten rid of me yet, don't worry.

As for Laramie vs. Fargo, I can't say for certain not having been to Laradise (its on my bucket list). However, both are equally isolated, similar weather and recruiting issues. However, Fargo does have the large size advantage, being twice the population of Cheyenne.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

WestWYOPoke wrote:Exactly, I really enjoy Boise. It's one of the few areas outside of Wyoming/Colorado that I'd be willing to move to.
I hope it's not because you read the book "Boys of Boise" and think things are the same now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boise_hom ... ty_scandal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;