Bristol

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

The team played great! However, that could have been the worst opponent to ever play in the AA
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Pretty hefty beating 101-62 some solid game play out of the younger kids.
Mtpoke89
Ranch Hand

Didn't get didn't get a chance to watch or listen. What were the positives and negatives? Trey with 3 steals is cool to see. And the 14 assists for adams and lieberman. Did herndon just not participate in this game as much since we were up big. 1 reb for him and very little points.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote:The team played great! However, that could have been the worst opponent to ever play in the AA
I'd argue that north Dakota and eastern Michigan were some of the worst teams we've ever faced. At least we have one coach who can make his team successful
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Justin James is going to be good. Like REALLY good.
nwpoke
Ranch Hand

I was stuck w gametracker last night until late in the 2d half when I figured out the radio (tech is not easy for me...duh). Our bigs aren't in the stats this morning, but stats don't always say much. How did the bigs do?
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

nwpoke wrote:I was stuck w gametracker last night until late in the 2d half when I figured out the radio (tech is not easy for me...duh). Our bigs aren't in the stats this morning, but stats don't always say much. How did the bigs do?
Like others have said, this was one of the all-time worst opponents at the AA, so there wasn't much for the bigs to do. Everyone on our team was a big compared to their guys.
nwpoke
Ranch Hand

The anticipation of seeing where these guys are at, and where they're going to be, is really tough. I'm hoping I can get to Boise and billings to actually see them play.
gbpoke
Cowpoke

I was looking at some pictures and reading the article about the game on the ESPN website. Former Poke Jeron Roberts is the head coach and AD at Bristol. Good for him, hopefully he has much success there.

http://bristoluniversity.edu/athletics/ ... l/coaches/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:Justin James is going to be good. Like REALLY good.
I agree . He only played 23 minutes and you could tell he was still trying to get back in game shape a little bit and get back from his ankle hurting and he scored 11 points had 8 boards 1 assist 1 block and 2 steals. There was a couple of other plays I thought he was going to have a blocked shot on defense as well. Plus that dunk over that guy .

Granted the competition wasn't great but you could tell the way he plays he is something special. He had a couple of passes that looked great as well. He looks like he can go into the lane anytime he wants and either score or dish it to someone else for a score.

He might end up having the best freshman season since Dembo. Dembo's freshman numbers were 13.5 ppg 7.3 rpg. 1.2 blocks pg 1 steal pg. Not sure what his assists per game were. Dembo played 36 minutes per game though.

If James played 36 minutes I think he would beat all those numbers. He won't end up playing that many minutes because we have so many guys on this team but think he will probably end up getting around 25-28 minutes per game once the season really gets going.

Wonder is Shyatt will start playing Marshall more as well. He only played 15 minutes and had 14 points and 5 boards.

To me it seems Trey, Adams, Marshall and James could drive in the lane anytime they want and create a shot for themselves or a teammate. I will say this is probably Shyatt's best team at having multiple guys being able to create their own shots. Wonder if Shyatt is going to stay with the current starting 5 or change it up.

We should be able to win the next 5 games if we play to our potential. Not sure if we will beat Denver on the road or not though. That will probably be a tough game and then we have Cal at home.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

seattlecowboy wrote:
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:Justin James is going to be good. Like REALLY good.
I agree . He only played 23 minutes and you could tell he was still trying to get back in game shape a little bit and get back from his ankle hurting and he scored 11 points had 8 boards 1 assist 1 block and 2 steals. There was a couple of other plays I thought he was going to have a blocked shot on defense as well. Plus that dunk over that guy .

Granted the competition wasn't great but you could tell the way he plays he is something special. He had a couple of passes that looked great as well. He looks like he can go into the lane anytime he wants and either score or dish it to someone else for a score.

He might end up having the best freshman season since Dembo. Dembo's freshman numbers were 13.5 ppg 7.3 rpg. 1.2 blocks pg 1 steal pg. Not sure what his assists per game were. Dembo played 36 minutes per game though.

If James played 36 minutes I think he would beat all those numbers. He won't end up playing that many minutes because we have so many guys on this team but think he will probably end up getting around 25-28 minutes per game once the season really gets going.

Wonder is Shyatt will start playing Marshall more as well. He only played 15 minutes and had 14 points and 5 boards.

To me it seems Trey, Adams, Marshall and James could drive in the lane anytime they want and create a shot for themselves or a teammate. I will say this is probably Shyatt's best team at having multiple guys being able to create their own shots. Wonder if Shyatt is going to stay with the current starting 5 or change it up.

We should be able to win the next 5 games if we play to our potential. Not sure if we will beat Denver on the road or not though. That will probably be a tough game and then we have Cal at home.
The biggest thing I saw, and you alluded to it, is his nose for the ball and his desire to attack. Every time he had the ball he was looking to drive to the hoop and either score or set someone up. He actually reminds me a lot of Josh Adams. Just bigger and younger. And he can jump out of the gym. That block he had looked like the was at the top of the back board. It's going to be fun watching him progress
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

cali2wyo wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:The team played great! However, that could have been the worst opponent to ever play in the AA
I'd argue that north Dakota and eastern Michigan were some of the worst teams we've ever faced. At least we have one coach who can make his team successful
Our football team played in the AA? That's strange....
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

it was a fun game to watch and totally balanced, will have to clean up the t.o.s vs Indiana State tonight